Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2020, 08:05 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,583,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The thread is about Kyle, you brought another person into the discussion. Neither is correct but now Kyle is some sort of hero, both are dumb beyond belief. Do you think Kyle acted professionally, did any others carrying a gun need to kill anyone.
He is a hero for defending himself.

As a professional LEO, firearm instructor, and OIF Army veteran, i'd say Kyle did extremely well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 08:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,991 times
Quote:
The thread is about Kyle, you brought another person into the discussion. Neither is correct but now Kyle is some sort of hero, both are dumb beyond belief. Do you think Kyle acted professionally, did any others carrying a gun need to kill anyone.
Once again we dont know. Why did the thug rioters target Kyle? He did use restraint. He could have sprayed the crowd. He didn't. He only fired upon those who were attacking him. I dare say he used more restraint than many so-called professionals have in the past.

Do you have any evidence that he initiated the conflict? There is a lot of video evidence of him trying to escape the rioters before he fired a single shot.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
He is a hero for defending himself.

As a professional LEO, firearm instructor, and OIF Army veteran, i'd say Kyle did extremely well.
I share your opinion. As I have said many times. If he was the blood thirsty vigilante that some make him out to be he would have initiated the confrontation and started spraying everyone who looked like a rioter. He instead only fired upon those who were attacking him.

He is only being prosecuted because politics got involved.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
One thing i learned from serving in Iraq is when you go to a gun fight, always bring bigger guns and more guys with guns.
True that.

The left is only POed because the stereotypical trailer park kid bested their thugs.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,874,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No, that does not mean that it wasn't self defense. The rioters came to riot. That was their intent. define unarmed. One rioter was attacking Kyle by beating him on the head and back with a skate board, ie a weapon. Yes it could have fractured a skull.

One was armed with a pistol. He got his arm blown apart.

The rioters attacked Kyle. Had he attacked them I would be calling it a bad shoot. He was running away from them. Not at them. They were the aggressors. Now had he been the aggressor I would call it his fault. It's hard to call someone the aggressor who is running away from his attackers.

They did armed and ready to defend themselves if necessary. As we saw in this case their concerns were justified.
A skateboard versus a weapon of war. Try winning that argument in court. The fact is Rittenhouse came out in paramilitary fatigues, riot gear and had a weapon of war with him shouldn't be forgotten just because someone had a skateboard in hand.

As for the running, nice of you to use it here when y'all used that against the one guy that tazed the cops and got shot in Atlanta. Your racial bias is noted.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:29 PM

18,353 posts, read 26,476,029 times
Quote:
He didn't make a dent in the rioting, he made a bad situation worse. Did you see any other militia members shooting people.
I highly doubt it's coincidental the rioting in Kenosha stopped after that night. Thugs prefer not to face being shot for their actions. If rioters face being shot by property owners wherever they riot you'd quickly see an end to rioting.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:31 PM

18,353 posts, read 26,476,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
A skateboard versus a weapon of war. Try winning that argument in court. The fact is Rittenhouse came out in paramilitary fatigues, riot gear and had a weapon of war with him shouldn't be forgotten just because someone had a skateboard in hand.

As for the running, nice of you to use it here when y'all used that against the one guy that tazed the cops and got shot in Atlanta. Your racial bias is noted.
No army on the planet uses AR's.

If someone attacks you violently with any weapon, you're not obligated to only use the same kind of weapon in self-defense against them. A skateboard on the head can crush a skull and kill. It justified deadly force in self-defense.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,874,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No army on the planet uses AR's.

If someone attacks you violently with any weapon, you're not obligated to only use the same kind of weapon in self-defense against them. A skateboard on the head can crush a skull and kill. It justified deadly force in self-defense.
And a bullet can kill you dead by bleeding out in minutes or going through the brain...

Old 11-22-2020, 08:36 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,583,933 times
Quote:

No biggie. Its only a skateboard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rds-skull.html

Old 11-22-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Sigh. It isn't about if the attacker had a bigger stick, it is about the attacker had a stick and was using it. There is no law that says you need to arm down to level the playing field for the aggressor.

As for the guy running from the cop. You might want to check what I had to say about that one before saying "you guys"

Your ignorance is noted because had you followed that thread you would have seen that I called it a bad shoot.

I called the Arbery shooting a bad shoot as well.

Finally for the record My son is black. My wife is Asian, and my daughters are half Asian and half white. My bias is against Thugs who loot and riot. Man when you are wrong, you are over the top wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies