Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 09:30 PM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
At the base is white men (and their wives who fall in line with them - women were given rights to vote JUST to bolster the votes of their husbands, FYI) and their racism.

It's about power and privilege of the white male. That's it.
It would take a real mysoginist to take that viewpoint. I don't know why you think women all listen to their husbands like that but it is really ugly and insulting towards women.

You are presuming they are all weak and easily bent to their hubbys will. What is wrong with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 09:37 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why does the left have such an issue with just letting this election play out? What are they scared of? They seem like the ones that are obsessed. Trump is simply trying to clear the air of that nasty fishy smell the democrats left on everything during the election.
There is nothing to play out though because no one has any evidence. Trump is the one who is scared. He has lawsuits coming his way. That's why he's desperately trying everything to win. Trump won in 2016 because he broke the blue wall. Biden took it back. Why are people screaming voter fraud because these voted for a republican president one year and then went democratic again.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:41 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
He appointed conservatives to try and ensure himself a 2nd term if he loses, and we don't have a full wall and Mexico isn't paying for it.

And it's easy to make peace between two countries that never fought...
A cat could have walked across my keyboard and created a post that made more sense.

*In what way would the appointing of conservative judges ensure that Trump serves a second term if he already lost?....
* We will never need a full wall; in 2020 illegal immigration dropped by 519,000 people. -50%. And that is while the wall was being built. 405 Miles so far.

* Making peace and establishing commerce between 2 countries with competing philosophies (Israel and UAE) insures that they will never fight. Should we wait until they drop bombs on each other before taking action?

Old 11-21-2020, 09:42 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That question makes sense to a Democrat, but not a Republican.
Trump made America better, not me. He trounced ISIS, pulled out of endless wars, confirmed conservative judges who will uphold law, built a Southern border wall, and brokered peace deals between Middle Eastern rivals.
Our loyalty is to the Republican Party and its standards. We voted for Trump because he was the nominee.

No. Trump did not make me rich. He removed barriers so that I could do it myself.
The party lowered it’s standards by nominating Trump, so your standards went out the window.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:48 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
That question makes sense to a Democrat, but not a Republican.
Trump made America better, not me. He trounced ISIS, pulled out of endless wars, confirmed conservative judges who will uphold law, built a Southern border wall, and brokered peace deals between Middle Eastern rivals.
Our loyalty is to the Republican Party and its standards. We voted for Trump because he was the nominee.

No. Trump did not make me rich. He removed barriers so that I could do it myself.
This is the thing. If your own life doesn't get any better, then that is something that really needs to be considered.

My life didn't get better under Trump. All of those things had no bearing on my life. I still got laid off from a job in 2017, and was unemployed for a year, followed by several months of underemployment waiting for a better job. 2017-2018 was a rough 20 months for me.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:53 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Me, too! And two of my kids. And two cousins who live in "disadvantaged areas."

I was a reluctant Trump voter in 2016. But after seeing what he's done for this country and the world?I voted straight (R) this year. The first time ever.
Even if any of what you perceive is true and is actually positive, it’s irrelevant.

We walk down a path. The first fork/decision is character. If the lacking fork is chosen (voting for Trump), nothing else matters. The cost isn’t worth it.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Even weeks after the election which he lost by a sizeable margin.

the craziness truly is reminiscent of the Germans in the 30s/40s
I asked that same question in regard to Obama. The man could do no wrong in the eyes of the left. Every lie had an explanation.

I didn't vote for Trump either time. I detest the man. I never detested Obama, I simply disagree with his politics.

The left would swear to any lie that Obama told. Benghazi was caused by a Youtube video. NO, No it wasn't. You will be able to by (good) insurance for about what you pay for your cable or cellphone bill. No, not even close. People who join the military do so because they have no other options. Maybe some, but not most. He never joined so how would he know?

Trump is a snake oil salesman. Hardliners are like groupies waiting outside for their rockstar to show up. Both parties have them and they are every bit as crazy as the other.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:10 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
The what-aboutism is strong with Trump worshippers. And it is pathetic.

the guy set the stage. Think of the sequence of events:
-Trump saying he can't lose unless they cheat.
Trump says mail in ballots will lead to fraud
Trump tells his supporters to vote in person"
-throttling back the post office to slow down the delivery of ballots
-Republican legislatures saying mailed ballots can't be counted before election day
-Trump says "we need a result on election night"
-Trump says stop the count because he was ahead before the mail in ballots were counted
-Trump then says the entire election was fraudulent, the evidence mainly being that the vote count changed after election night.

I'm serious, right wingers and Trump supporters...you have been conned by classic authoritarian tactics. You are dupes. You are party to a con man trying to steal an election.

I do not think Trump is Hitler when it comes to policy, but these tactics..that you blindly support..are straight out of the Hitler playbook. The only conspiracy here is Trump trying to maintain power...and none of you care because you really hate liberals. Do you realize how sick you've actually gotten that you are willing to play along with a con mans attempt to unjustly seize power?

Old 11-21-2020, 10:11 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
A cat could have walked across my keyboard and created a post that made more sense.

*In what way would the appointing of conservative judges ensure that Trump serves a second term if he already lost?....
* We will never need a full wall; in 2020 illegal immigration dropped by 519,000 people. -50%. And that is while the wall was being built. 405 Miles so far.

* Making peace and establishing commerce between 2 countries with competing philosophies (Israel and UAE) insures that they will never fight. Should we wait until they drop bombs on each other before taking action?
*It was seen a mile away. Because it's happening right now. He wanted to get conservative judges so he has a way to twist the results in his favor. He just has to push a false narrative of mass voter fraud and get his entire base to believe it (which is not hard).

*Looks like a wall is a waste of money then and more high-tech measures would be better, and probably better immigration reform as well as going after the big fish that hire illegals. Basically reducing the incentive to cross illegally.

*I mean, I can broker peace between my 2 neighbors who don't have beef with one another so they don't shoot each other one day for some reason. That's basically the same logic.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:16 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I asked that same question in regard to Obama. The man could do no wrong in the eyes of the left. Every lie had an explanation.

I didn't vote for Trump either time. I detest the man. I never detested Obama, I simply disagree with his politics.

The left would swear to any lie that Obama told. Benghazi was caused by a Youtube video. NO, No it wasn't. You will be able to by (good) insurance for about what you pay for your cable or cellphone bill. No, not even close. People who join the military do so because they have no other options. Maybe some, but not most. He never joined so how would he know?

Trump is a snake oil salesman. Hardliners are like groupies waiting outside for their rockstar to show up. Both parties have them and they are every bit as crazy as the other.
There is no comparison between saying that an attack was caused by a video when it wasn't, vs trying to steal an election. None. The lie didn't CAUSE the attack, the lie was spin after the fact. You GOP hyperbole would have you believe the lie about the video somehow had something to do with those people getting killed. It had absolutely nothing to do with them being killed.

What Trump is doing is not spin, he's actively pursuing overturning an election he lost. That isn't just "no big deal". This kind of stuff actually matters and it's actually dangerous, and if you keep dismissing it, you are enabling him to do it more.

This is the false equivalence that so many have tried to make regarding Trump, the whole "they all lie, they all do this, they all do that".

That's BS. No one in this country has done what Trump is trying to do now, seize power through completely illegitimate means, and had this kind of support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies