Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:06 AM

539 posts, read 1,800,485 times

Advertisements

I moved from Riverside, CA to Beaumont, TX . I haven't been a victim of any hate groups but the Black racism towards white and Latinos is rediculous here. When I try to explain that making assumptions predicated on race is the same foolishness that they faught against 40 years ago. The light-dark issue is still prevalent amoung blacks here. If we blacks can't stop fighting over the crumbs-we're going to miss the meal. I think more people make a bigger issue of race than is needed. If we want equal authority we need to have equal accountability and responsibility.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:15 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,892,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimor View Post
I DONT EVEN WANT TO CLICK THE LINK YOU PROVIDED ANY THING COMING FROM THE SOUTH ABOUT RACE IS SUSPECT,

KINDA LIKE THEY TRIED TO SAY THE BLACK PANTHER(U.S) PARTY IS A HATE GROUP,GET REAL
Go ahead and keep your head in the sand, if you wish. By the way, WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:33 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,328,387 times
I grew up in Alb, NM where I had friends of every race. Moved to FL as a teen and was shocked by the fact that everyone in my neighborhood was black. Which usually meant all your friends were black too and you only hung out with black kids in school In NM I was lucky if there was another black student in my grade let alone my class.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:29 PM

232 posts, read 946,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
I moved from Riverside, CA to Beaumont, TX . I haven't been a victim of any hate groups but the Black racism towards white and Latinos is rediculous here.

the racism from latinos is alot worse, ethnic cleansing of neighborhoods etc, mexican mafia sending green lights to kill blacks.

When I try to explain that making assumptions predicated on race is the same foolishness that they faught against 40 years ago. The light-dark issue is still prevalent amoung blacks here. If we blacks can't stop fighting over the crumbs-we're going to miss the meal. I think more people make a bigger issue of race than is needed. If we want equal authority we need to have equal accountability and responsibility.

blacks(african americans) and latinos(mexicans) has been in some rivalry for some time in various oarts of texas, and immigration issues play a part as well. A hilary supporter said obama has the problem simply cause he's black and for the future it does not look good for black americans cause our own goverment are looking out for the interest of latino immigrants cause it equals votes

Last edited by arimor; 05-07-2008 at 04:41 PM..

Old 05-07-2008, 04:34 PM

232 posts, read 946,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Go ahead and keep your head in the sand, if you wish. By the way, WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!
well to the computer world yeah its yelling but i left my caps on

Old 05-07-2008, 05:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,378,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have been throughout the South east, parts of the south west, the north east and midwest...never been to the mountain states or the west coast yet. I have to say, as a black guy (well half black...but we all know about the "one drop rule") that Oklahoma is the most racist state I have ever been to.
I was pulled over and the cop looked at my drivers license I asked him why I was being pulled over and he came right out and said "because your on the wrong side of time" And the people...they were so mean!

Texas, on the entire was a different story, especially Austin. I was told that the real racist Texans were on the border of Lousiana and in the pan handle.

I would have to say that the least racist states I have been to were Wisconsin, Iowa and Vermont. It just feels different there. My current home of Jersey is not the most racist place, but still, there is a difference between those states and Jersey. I have heard, however, from multiple blacks that Washington state, especially the east, is the least racist place in America...and I have also heard and seen that blacks in South Carolina and Georgia tend to be on this "I hate whitey!" black racism kick that makes me sick.

What say you?

We'll all find out in November.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 PM

835 posts, read 2,299,039 times
Why is League of the South on there?

I'm not a member nor plan to be but it says on their website they encourage everyone to join. Apparently, some high up person made racist comments at some point but didn't represent the whole association.

Everybody's pointing the finger at Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi but South Carolina has 45 hate groups but most are LoS so that may or may not count.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 PM

Location: Rural PA, where we are apparently bitter and cling to spirits and artillery. Well, we ARE gun owners
20 posts, read 74,466 times
California.

Where else can you get away with publically saying things like "California is going to be a Mexican state, we are going to control all the institutions. If people don't like it they should leave."

Isn't that a threat to our sovereignty?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:34 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,499,541 times
I don't believe there is such a thing as a most or least racsist state. Every state has racsist people and no one state really stands out here. Regarding hate groups, there are hate groups among every race, not just whites, a fact that gets lost in the liberal media!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,954,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
Why is League of the South on there?

I'm not a member nor plan to be but it says on their website they encourage everyone to join. Apparently, some high up person made racist comments at some point but didn't represent the whole association.

Everybody's pointing the finger at Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi but South Carolina has 45 hate groups but most are LoS so that may or may not count.

Keep in mind that the fact that there are hate groups in an area does not speak about the area as a whole. There are, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, neo-nazis in Newark New Jersey...granted, they must keep a looooowwwwww profile, for obvious reasons, but still, they are there.

Remember when they busted those neo-nazis in Isreal? Does that mean Isreal is anti-semetic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies