Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 08:07 AM

6,661 posts, read 2,969,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Someone did tell me about the Military Games thing in Oct 2019 in Wuhan though, which is an interesting rabbit hole to consider.
I think China is pushing this 'wasn't us " thing now because they feel it's been long enough that people won't remember stuff and this is a good time to plant those seeds to reimagine our memories.

Those military games were something China,..or at least one of their politicians was accusing us of using to get our military in there to plant the virus. It went nowhere.

OP has a weird English,..most of his history is some religious stuff then all of a sudden drops in here with this wiki link. makes me skeptical.

China is up and running very well these days. They know when things get out of hand that the people will do their part and work together. Unlike us cowboys

Sure wet markets are all over the place,..but not Virology labs. It's so coincidental that there was one at the epicenter.

It's scary how Covid was nothing but a boon to the democrats, who wasted no time using it. If it wasn't for Covid( and his meh response) , I really think Trump would still be President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2020, 08:26 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
no to the first, but the rest can be easily explained/laid out for you.

There's a difference between "destroying" the world and damaging your competition. If you wanted to.
how do you intentionally damage the competition with a virus by releasing it domestically while guaranteeing it won't damage yourself?

Old 12-01-2020, 08:27 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You prove otherwise...How about those international flights out of China but no flights internally. Prove otherwise.
we've been through this before and you don't prove the negative of something. if your brain can't comprehend that, just stop.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:44 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I think China is pushing this 'wasn't us " thing now because they feel it's been long enough that people won't remember stuff and this is a good time to plant those seeds to reimagine our memories.

Those military games were something China,..or at least one of their politicians was accusing us of using to get our military in there to plant the virus. It went nowhere.

OP has a weird English,..most of his history is some religious stuff then all of a sudden drops in here with this wiki link. makes me skeptical.

China is up and running very well these days. They know when things get out of hand that the people will do their part and work together. Unlike us cowboys

Sure wet markets are all over the place,..but not Virology labs. It's so coincidental that there was one at the epicenter.

It's scary how Covid was nothing but a boon to the democrats, who wasted no time using it. If it wasn't for Covid( and his meh response) , I really think Trump would still be President.
Makes me wonder if they have a vaccine.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:54 AM

6,661 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Makes me wonder if they have a vaccine.
They don't. Or say they don't. They are a bit embarrassed that they haven't come up with a vaccine yet even though they were the first ones hardest hit.

Unless they snuck in the water or something.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:03 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
how do you intentionally damage the competition with a virus by releasing it domestically while guaranteeing it won't damage yourself?
Let me start by saying I think it was a lack of transparency, saving face, etc. I don't *think* they intentionally created and unleashed it on purpose. But could it happen?

does the CCP have really strong control of the country? The government, the media, industry, research, the ability to control people's movements?

It seems the answer is yes to all.

Do the surrounding Asian nations - Taiwan, Hong Kong, S Korea, etc - you think they trust the CCP, or are always on a heightened state of "defense"?

Again, I'd say so - they don't trust the CCP.

So, whether they had the ability to release the virus with intent, while minimizing the effect within their borders, seems clear.

Maybe they were were studying the virus at the lab, and though sloppiness one of the researchers went to eat lunch at the market and spread it to 1 person. A week later, one of them goes back to the market and sees that person, or someone else, sick with the symptoms they've found the virus causes. While the CCP tries to contain it, they find out it has spread through the large dense city. So they order a lockdown, and enforce it.

Meanwhile, one Chinese citizen has gone to Germany for work, and taken the virus there. Who knows how much travel occurred between Europe and NYC in late 2019. An American citizen had gone through Wuhan, and now came home on Jan 20.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:04 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
They don't. Or say they don't. They are a bit embarrassed that they haven't come up with a vaccine yet even though they were the first ones hardest hit.

Unless they snuck in the water or something.
Sometimes I wonder how people are completely ignorant about what happens in China. Is it just due to the lack of interest?
Almost a million people have been given an experimental Chinese coronavirus vaccine, in a number of countries.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/asia/...hnk/index.html

China controlled the virus very well and the country has been back to normal for months.
Movie theaters, restaurants, tourist sites are all open (masks still required in many places.)
Now they are dragged down by imported cases.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:06 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,539,575 times
There's growing evidence that the virus was circulating in the US before January of this year.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...own-study-says

Blood samples show antibodies from as far back as Dec. 13th.

I don't think we have the full story yet.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:07 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Sometimes I wonder how people are completely ignorant about what happens in China. Is it just due to the lack of interest?
Almost a million people have been given an experimental Chinese coronavirus vaccine, in a number of countries.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/asia/...hnk/index.html

China controlled the virus very well and the country has been back to normal for months.
Movie theaters, restaurants, tourist sites are all open (masks still required in many places.)
Now they are dragged down by imported cases.
So they do have a vaccine.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:10 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
or, I could simply say that given existing Chinese policies/actions. It certainly seems like they'd not think twice about sacrificing 5K* of 1.4B in order to vastly increase their power.

*if anyone believes that the world's largest nation, where the first KNOWN cases were reported, has the 14th lowest per-capita cases and that few deaths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies