Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 01:26 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times

Advertisements

Trumpers' wet dream.

One day waking up from their loser lives to realize they actually won based on a technicality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 01:31 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
This is an uncommonly silly and pointless discussion.
That is pretty much a requirement for threads here. I wish they were a little heavier on the silly than the pointless, being a Python fan, but it is what it is.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Exactly. The supreme court has not made a decision on this matter. De Facto standard here to recognize precedent in this case. This has already been set to children born in the United States to alien parents to be natural born citizens.

I know liberals disagree with this... but, they don't like laws as it is and will claim otherwise.
In what way did the Wong Kim Ark decision not settle this in cases like Harris'?

I get the argument regarding non-citizens that are here illegally, but this seems like pretty settled law when it comes to children born here to parents legally resident in the US.

Old 12-27-2020, 07:28 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
There is a difference between U.S. citizen and U.S. Natural Born Citizen.

You are also attempting to merge "U.S. Native Born Citizenship" with U.S. Natural Born Citizenship.

The element missing in your sway, is the whom or thing the fathers of said, had with allegiance to, at the time of the said U.S. born citizen. Barack Obama's father at the time the thing was born, was in allegiance with Kenya/Britain. Barack Obama was NOT a Natural Born Citizen of the United States. He "may" have been a native born citizen of the United States, but definitely NOT a Natural Born Citizen of the United States.

Barck Obama was not natural.

Same goes for Kamala Harris.
Once again you are wrong. Native born and Natural born are exactly the same thing. The constitution does not define natural born citizen but the 14th amendment does. And its very clear Obama and Harris are natural born citizens. I don't care for either one of them, if there were facts behind denying Obama the presidency because he did not qualify and the same for Harris I would be all for it. But just lying and making up things that are not in the constitution or constitutional amendments is silly.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...cleii#section1

Under the 14th Amendment's Naturalization Clause and the Supreme Court case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 US. 649, anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship. This type of citizenship is referred to as birthright citizenship.

The constitution says this:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;

Old 12-27-2020, 11:26 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Once again you are wrong. Native born and Natural born are exactly the same thing. The constitution does not define natural born citizen but the 14th amendment does. And its very clear Obama and Harris are natural born citizens. I don't care for either one of them, if there were facts behind denying Obama the presidency because he did not qualify and the same for Harris I would be all for it. But just lying and making up things that are not in the constitution or constitutional amendments is silly.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...cleii#section1

Under the 14th Amendment's Naturalization Clause and the Supreme Court case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 US. 649, anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship. This type of citizenship is referred to as birthright citizenship.

The constitution says this:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;
The Supreme Court was not asked in the Wong Kim Ark case whether the man, born in the USA of residing non-citizen parent, was a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN OF THE USA. That was not the issue requested nor answered. Wong was not planning to run for president.

The question was whether Wong Kim Ark, under the circumstances, was a UNITED STATES CITIZEN. The SC answered that Wong Kim Ark WAS a United States Citizen. Period! Asked and answered!

"The constitution does not define natural born citizen but the 14th amendment does." -

The 14th Amendment did not change the meaning nor the intent of Natural Born Citizen.

Sorry, but the Constitution, by and of its writing, did define the difference between Natural Born Citizens and State Citizens, and therefore then, when adopted, the difference between United States Natural Born Citizens and United States Citizens. (I'm a natural born citizen of The United States of America) Bill Clinton tried to include me as a citizen of the United States of Canada - America - and Mexico. (But I digress.)

The Constitution of "THESE United States", written by and of the uniting States, upon its adoption of said, was later changed to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. (The Civil War caused the name change.)

You are caught accountable today for even thinking about saying "THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." You better just say, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, or the Supreme Court will WHOMP YOUR ASS!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 12-27-2020 at 11:51 AM..

Old 12-27-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The Supreme Court was not asked in the Wong Kim Ark case whether the man, born in the USA of residing non-citizen parent, was a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN OF THE USA. That was not the issue requested nor answered. Wong was not planning to run for president.

The question was whether Wong Kim Ark, under the circumstances, was a UNITED STATES CITIZEN. The SC answered that Wong Kim Ark WAS a United States Citizen. Period! Asked and answered!
Wong Kim Ark was NOT a Natural Born Citizen.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:08 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I wish they were a little heavier on the silly than the pointless, being a Python fan,....
we are not lacking in threads that resemble "the parrot sketch".

Old 12-27-2020, 12:19 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
This is an uncommonly silly and pointless discussion.
i actually wish the SCOTUS would make a ruling on this. ironically trump, king birther himself, had standing to challenge cruz's eligibility during the 2016 primaries which would have forced the court to take a stand on the issue. obviously that didn't happen ( altho everything i've read points to the court ruling "citizen at birth" = NBC ). i'd also like to get clarification from the court on another presidential requirement, 14years residency. are those 14years consecutive or in total? if consecutive are they the previous 14 or any 14? what defines a year residency?

Old 12-27-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
O
"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; . ."[/quote]

Watch out for the AT MAN, man.

He could throw you off your jive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6IpmmYSXA

Old 12-27-2020, 12:40 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Please tell me we're not going to see Birtherism Part II.
The grotesque & racist birther movement is exactly the basis for the OP's exasperating Kafkaesque, illogical, and inaccurate interpretation of the Constitution.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 12-27-2020 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies