Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 10:37 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,752,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Biden has announced his picks to lead the state department and DOD as well as his top advisors.

They have moved in and out of the lobbying business between jobs, profiting off of their work in promoting military activity.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/22/...nse-contracts/

https://theintercept.com/2019/07/24/...oreign-policy/

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/11/20/b...permanent-war/

I know no one here cares, more wars are a way of life for Americans, it is about 'exceptionalism' or whatever.

I hope you enjoy Biden and his pig cabinet.
You couldn't be more wrong. Many Americans, myself included, are adamantly ANTI-war. We're extremely disappointed that the brain-dead half of America voted for Biden, the PRO-war candidate. Biden and the Dems are racist war pigs, a fact to which I can see you've already alluded. For example, Blacks were a disproportionate 20% of Vietnam War casualties while being 11% of the US population at the time. Vietnam was an LBJ war.

Click on the link at the following to watch the animation of the time line and the corresponding death count:

American Leadership and War

What in the hell happened to the "supposedly" anti-war left? They sure have changed their tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 11:16 AM

9,054 posts, read 6,288,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
If you want to fight fewer wars in the middle east, the logical move is to migrate to non-carbon-based energy sources. Treat the root cause, not the symptoms. DJT was all about dealing with the symptoms.
Dude, fighting has gone on in the Middle East for centuries, well before the industrial revolution and way before the use of oil. The progress Trump made in the Middle East transcends the topic of oil and energy. Sadly we are going back to the days of global violence, increased terrorism risk and Democrat incompetence.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:18 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,349,739 times
Maybe if we didnt sell quite so many weapons to everyone in the region destabilizing it....but hey that would be wishful thinking right?

Man the fear mongering with you folks never stops does it? What a bunch of nonsense.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:21 AM

1,265 posts, read 444,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Maybe if we didnt sell quite so many weapons to everyone in the region destabilizing it....but hey that would be wishful thinking right?

Man the fear mongering with you folks never stops does it? What a bunch of nonsense.
Collusion Collusion Collusion how quickly one forgets.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:22 PM

21,897 posts, read 9,470,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Biden has announced his picks to lead the state department and DOD as well as his top advisors.

They have moved in and out of the lobbying business between jobs, profiting off of their work in promoting military activity.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/22/...nse-contracts/

https://theintercept.com/2019/07/24/...oreign-policy/

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/11/20/b...permanent-war/

I know no one here cares, more wars are a way of life for Americans, it is about 'exceptionalism' or whatever.

I hope you enjoy Biden and his pig cabinet.
Check out Glenn Greenwald's piece today on endless wars.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-l...KwGEaQog-FRjJ0

"..Yet the CIA, as it so often does, knew the hidden truth: that Obama’s most important value was in prettifying, marketing and prolonging wars, not ending them. They saw him for what U.S. Presidents really are: instruments to create a brand and image about the U.S. role in the world that can be effectively peddled to both the domestic population in the U.S. and then on the global stage, and specifically to pretend that endless barbaric U.S. wars are really humanitarian projects benevolently designed to help people — the pretext used to justify every war by every country in history..."

Old 11-23-2020, 12:27 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,403,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Trump deliberately picked inexperienced and ignorant men to lead the state department and DOD as well as become his top advisors. Competence was not a sought after quality, only loyalty to mad king Trump mattered. If Trump accidentally appointed someone who was capable of doing the job, that individual was invariably dismissed because they weren't loyal enough. Our country was probably never in greater danger of war than under the Trump mis-administration.

Biden is anything but a war monger. In addition, he is going to have his hands full trying to deal with a pandemic made infinitely worse by Trump's determination to ignore science and view the coronavirus as no more than a frustrating attempt to make his re-election chances less favorable. Biden is also going to have to spend an inordinate amount of energy fixing the economy that Trump, Mitch McConnell, and the rest of the republican party has reduced to shambles.

The moratorium on evictions is ending in tandem with extended unemployment insurance. If nothing is done, thousands of Americans will be cast out onto snowy streets in January as the pandemic rages on unabated since it will still be months until the vaccine is available to the American public at large - those who are willing to take it, anyhow.

I have been deeply disturbed by America's many pointless wars - especially in Iraq and Afghanistan. And who got us into these endless, pointless wars? As I recall, it was George W. Bush, a REPUBLICAN scion of one of America's royal political families who wanted to prove to his sire, Bush I that junior could and would avenge any threats - no matter how empty - made against the paterfamilias of the Bush dynasty. Bush II not only lied to the American people about WMDs to fuel his personal grudge match, he also was responsible for the deaths of 100,000 Iraqui's - mostly civilians. Almost 7,000 US military members have died as of the beginning of November 2020, all for a REPUBLICAN president's senseless grudge match.

My Father was a career US Army officer who fought in 3 of America's wars. I still have many friends in the military, and almost all my active duty military friends were deeply angered when it was revealed that Hussein had no WMD's. All those American soldiers killed and for what?

A Republican who is concerned with America's endless wars should vote Democrat.
Lol, Biden was all for the Iraq War given his vote.

Obama expanded the US' combat involvement in many places.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:35 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,694,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
If you want to fight fewer wars in the middle east, the logical move is to migrate to non-carbon-based energy sources. Treat the root cause, not the symptoms. DJT was all about dealing with the symptoms.
This is the part of the American strategy I don't understand.
  • We know oil is a finite resource
  • We know American lands still have oil
  • We know that wars are sometimes fought over resources
  • Oil is a key resource for war (we have no electric tanks or solar powered bombers)
  • Nations will begin to fight over oil
  • Why don't we utilize the cheap oil available now while we work towards alternative fuel sources now
  • So when the Resource War does begin, we will still have the oil to wage that battle since we didn't use ours earlier

Old 11-23-2020, 12:36 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,341,308 times
What's wrong with war?

- every politician in Washington on both teams

Old 11-23-2020, 12:36 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,543,025 times
The MAGA crystal ball everyone

Old 11-23-2020, 02:11 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,928,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Lol, Biden was all for the Iraq War given his vote.

Obama expanded the US' combat involvement in many places.
Biden was only one of many in Congress who was deceived by Bush II's WMD hysteria. The Republican members of Congress were eager to buy the entire thing hook, line and sinker, so you only make yourself appear ignorant by attempting to point your finger.

What Obama undertook were mainly police actions - hardly comparable to the wars started by the previous Republican administration. Are you jealous that Bin Laden was finally tracked down and put to death under the Obama administration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies