Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 10:35 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

The media is acting like this is a done deal, nothing to see here move it along. I'm doubtful that Trump is going to be able to pull it off, I doubt that they will find enough cases of fraud in voting but we'll see in the coming weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 10:38 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The media will be working 24/7 to hide the extent of Joe’s dementia. He has a form that affects speech, a type of vascular dementia. I’ve seen it before, and he fits it to a T.
Really? From what school did you receive your medical degree(s)?

Old 11-23-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
The media will be working 24/7 to hide the extent of Joe’s dementia. He has a form that affects speech, a type of vascular dementia. I’ve seen it before, and he fits it to a T.
Biden is hit an miss. One day he seems relatively normal and lucid, next time you seem him he's out in left field.

I have no clue how he was able to keep it together for the whole debate. I was shocked actually.

Old 11-23-2020, 10:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Biden is hit an miss. One day he seems relatively normal and lucid, next time you seem him he's out in left field.

I have no clue how he was able to keep it together for the whole debate. I was shocked actually.
It fluctuates. My relative who has it is completely normal one day, and then can barely get out a sentence without mangling phrases and using wrong words the next day. I tend not to correct her when she speaks, because she’s at the stage that she realizes she fumbling things and it would only make her feel bad.

Old 11-23-2020, 10:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Really? From what school did you receive your medical degree(s)?
The school of Sad Experience. Have a little empathy.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
It fluctuates. My relative who has it is completely normal one day, and then can barely get out a sentence without mangling phrases and using wrong words the next day. I tend not to correct her when she speaks, because she’s at the stage that she realizes she fumbling things and it would only make her feel bad.
my MIL is 84 I believe, and she's starting to lose it. Not remembering things, repeating herself. I don't have direct experience with Alzheimer's or dementia, but lots of people on this forum have family members that have gone through that experience and I've seen lots of posters here saying that they are seeing similarities in Biden.

My MIL is think is probably still in the realm of "old timers", but we will have to see I guess.

I wished it would hurry up and get announced either way if trump won or not. I hate this middle ground spot we're in. Not sure if he truly lost or not at this point.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:07 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
The school of Sad Experience. Have a little empathy.
I'm a graduate of the same school. My mother died of Alzheimers at age 94, so I'm an alumna as well. I helped her every step of the way from age 89 when I nursed her personally (while my husband was at home with cancer) until the end when I visited her every week from out of state. That still doesn't qualify me to "diagnose" anyone else with dementia or similar diseases.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:12 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Makes you wonder how long they will prop him up before they declare him unfit, and bring in Kamala as president.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:16 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They are going through the motions and trying to put on a bold face. But they are not very confident and it shows through. You have seen people do this before. 'Fake it until you make it'. If you do make it, that is.

Like the cat that ate the canary.
lol, its ridiculous that a congressman said that and it required no follow up or explanation, what does that mean? not acting like people who won?

Old 11-23-2020, 11:19 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

You were shocked but it didnt change your mind correct? You encountered facts, that you can see and prove that ran contrary to what you think and instead of reassessing your mental model, you find it shocking and weird? That checks out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies