Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 11:14 AM

20,863 posts, read 9,515,083 times

Advertisements

Bold statement by Carl Bernstein yesterday on his Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1330710305354129410

For those too lazy to click on the link, here is what he's claiming:
Quote:
I'm not violating any pledge of journalistic confidentially in reporting this: 21 Republican Sens–in convos w/ colleagues, staff members, lobbyists, W. House aides–have repeatedly expressed extreme contempt for Trump & his fitness to be POTUS. (1/3)

The 21 GOP Senators who have privately expressed their disdain for Trump are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby. (2/3)
Some of these aren't surprising (Romney, Collins, Murkowski, sort-of Sasse) since they've been open about opposing Trump on frequent occasions.

The others are spineless wimps.

And being a Missouri resident I find Blunt interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 11:16 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Wouldn't it be more accurate for Twitter to say...

"Collusion conspiracy truther and longtime deep state asset Carl Bernstein claims X senators said X about
@realDonaldTrump
, and multiple senators have denied the claim..."

Old 11-23-2020, 11:47 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Bold statement by Carl Bernstein yesterday on his Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1330710305354129410

For those too lazy to click on the link, here is what he's claiming:

Some of these aren't surprising (Romney, Collins, Murkowski, sort-of Sasse) since they've been open about opposing Trump on frequent occasions.

The others are spineless wimps.

And being a Missouri resident I find Blunt interesting.
The only name on there that I find surprising is McSally.

Out of curiosity, did none of you ever work for a boss that you disliked but had to show public support for anyway? When I first started my teaching career I had a boss that threw around the term “n——r” without so much as second thought, including when he had this black woman sitting in the room. Of course I wanted to quit but were no other jobs to be had and I had mouths to feed. At the time I needed to be employed and he would have blackballed me if he had heard of me so much as hinting that he was less that the best thing since sliced bread. This meant as much as I despised the man, and trust me I did, I not only put up with it but saved any rantings for the safety of my husband’s ears only. I have long said righteous indignation is a luxury that the privileged take for granted. It real easy to be publicly outraged when it cost you nothing. Not so easy when you have everything to lose and you are aware it might not change anything anyway.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:53 AM

It'll be interesting if any of these senators have anything to say on the matter after Trump leaves on Jan 20.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:55 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
The question is what is Bernstein's purpose in this.

These people are evil? The other 30 something Republicans are evil? Or that some Republicans agree with his TDS? Or is he trying to create dissension among Republicans?

Old 11-23-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The question is what is Bernstein's purpose in this.

These people are evil? The other 30 something Republicans are evil? Or that some Republicans agree with his TDS? Or is he trying to create dissension among Republicans?
In his 3rd tweet in the series he states his purpose for outing them:
Quote:
With few exceptions, their craven public silence has helped enable Trump’s most grievous conduct—including undermining and discrediting the US the electoral system.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:02 PM
bu2

Quote:
In his 3rd tweet in the series he states his purpose for outing them:
That's not a purpose. That's just him expressing his TDS.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:08 PM

It looks like 21 GOP senators have "TDS" as well.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:12 PM
bu2

Quote:
It looks like 21 GOP senators have "TDS" as well.
Lots of Republicans say "extremely critical" things of President Trump.

That's because, unlike Democrats, we don't march goosestep and we do think for ourselves. TDS is a case of not being able to think for yourself and being filled with an irrational hatred.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:13 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,834,941 times
Quote:
It'll be interesting if any of these senators have anything to say on the matter after Trump leaves on Jan 20.
The flood of BS coming from GOP Senators after the inauguration is going to be epic. Expect these lines “I was quiet because somebody had to be the adult in the room” and “He wanted to do even crazier stuff, but I stayed close to him just to talk him out of it” and “I was always vocal in my opposition of his style of leadership” etc.. etc... We’re gonna need hip waders to get through the coming BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies