Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2020, 11:37 PM

9,436 posts, read 10,705,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Yeah, lets rip the whole country apart because you don't like who won the election. Worked out real well the last time it was tried.

Makes perfect sense.

It’s about a lot more than one election. We agree on nothing. Everything from social issues, values and ideology regarding economic systems are all examples of how red and blue states are polar opposites.

I think dividing the country peacefully is not a bad option. It is better than civil
War that is for sure.

If the nation were peacefully divided we could negotiate a commonwealth where we may still be able to have things like common currency and free trade. We could divorce as friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 11:52 PM

404 posts, read 1,238,880 times
That wouldn't work for me. I don't think I would like to live in a place where everyone is supposed to have the same beliefs.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:23 AM

29,175 posts, read 22,153,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Don't overthink it. People can move if they don't like the politics of their new country. We are not going to have countries split up in 500 pieces.
The territory counts for nothing. Only the people in it count.
The fact is the states with big populations need the goods the states with small populations provide, and vice versa. Our nation is totally interdependent now, and has been for a long time.

Take one half away, and both will collapse. Take 1/2 of each half away, and it will still collapse, albeit more slowly. No state is able to survive with 25% of its economy gone.

If it was possible to separate the people into like-minded groups that stayed in place and didn't have to leave their familiar territory to be in their group, the rural-urban balance might be maintained enough to keep a group from collapsing.
It would demand a very heavy mental change, though.

I think it would be easier to break up the 2 main political parties into a couple of dozen micro-parties and manage the federal government through coalition instead.

That would make our republic more like a parliament than what it is now, but that would be a lot easier and less problematic to accomplish than self-sorting by territory.

That would demand The Northwest Trumpettes to agree with some of the Southeast Trumpettes' conflicting agenda, and the Trumpettes would have to get along with the Palinites and the Pencers, and they would all have to get along with the Mountain Bundyites, and be ready to welcome the N. Dallas Cruzers, but that's the way coalitions always work.

Who wins the most votes gets to lead the coalition. It becomes party over person.
Neither are so permanently fixed in place that they can't be changed and don't need to be eternal in a good parliamentary system.

But all of this depends entirely on the belief that what counts are Trump's ideas, not the man himself. If everyone believes only Trump can conceive his ideas and only he has the ability to see them through, i then nothing above would work.
Trump would have to be re-elected to his former office for one more term, and then live on as President Emeritus of the Trump Party long enough to establish his successor.

Kind of like how Liberty University works. or Cuba.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-24-2020 at 12:31 AM..

Old 11-24-2020, 03:50 AM

14,670 posts, read 7,970,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Lol it’s funny how far right wingers are all “‘Merica!” until their loser leader loses. Now it’s all about Civil War and leaving the union. It’s treasonous and you calling for this are traitors of the United States of America.
Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
We split from GB because we didn't like the person in charge.
Fine, if you want to split from America because you lost one election, then don't try to pretend to be Patriotic or talk about how you
love America. Because you just proved that you aren't and you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmanon View Post
That wouldn't work for me. I don't think I would like to live in a place where everyone is supposed to have the same beliefs.
They seem to want to live in a Stepford like community where no dissension or disagreement is allowed.
It shows no tolerance for other people, no any room for freedom of thought or action. How could you have elections or a democracy or a Republic if everyone thought the same way, and couldn't tolerate any difference of thought or opinion?

That is the exact opposite of everything America has ever stood for or represented.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:01 AM

18,735 posts, read 8,341,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What exactly are you boycotting? Wall Street is in NY, Silicon Valley and entertainment media is in CA. Red states are more farming, oil production and manufacturing. But CA as well as OR and WA have lots of farming also. More wealthy blue states than red states. Do explain.

Throw away your smart phone and no more TV at all. And defund your investments? Unplug from CD since this is all blue state technology.
Supply side silliness.
Of course the new Trumptry could sell all they want to China.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:04 AM

62,382 posts, read 28,654,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Lol it’s funny how far right wingers are all “‘Merica!” until their loser leader loses. Now it’s all about Civil War and leaving the union. It’s treasonous and you calling for this are traitors of the United States of America.
The only ones using the improper term of "Merica" that I have seen is by the sarcastic left. I still love America even though Trump lost. I have no desire for a civil war but it's getting to the point that we are so divided politically and socially then we might be better off separating. The doesn't make one a traitor it's common sense to avoid a civil war.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Yes, so both red and blue can live in some peace amongst like-minded people. I don't, and don't want to, understand liberals' minds, and I'm sure they don't want to understand mine. I would be immensely happier surrounded by fellow reds in a red nation.
And good for you. That's a large reason you are conservative. I joined conservative blogs specifically to learn and understand what and how they think.

I'm a liberal living in a sea of Red and I like it fine.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:08 AM

4,179 posts, read 3,706,387 times
Its an eye opener to see that the majority of the US is red with the exception of the the big cities and certain northeast states. Its unfortunate that the cities rule the roost so to speak because what good for people living in the cities is certainly not good for those loving outside of them.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
It’s about a lot more than one election. We agree on nothing. Everything from social issues, values and ideology regarding economic systems are all examples of how red and blue states are polar opposites.

I think dividing the country peacefully is not a bad option. It is better than civil
War that is for sure.

If the nation were peacefully divided we could negotiate a commonwealth where we may still be able to have things like common currency and free trade. We could divorce as friends.
If that is what they want, have them join with the EU. I am not about to let them have our USD!

Old 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM

62,382 posts, read 28,654,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Exactly!

Fine, if you want to split from America because you lost one election, then don't try to pretend to be Patriotic or talk about how you
love America. Because you just proved that you aren't and you don't.

They seem to want to live in a Stepford like community where no dissension or disagreement is allowed.
It shows no tolerance for other people, no any room for freedom of thought or action. How could you have elections or a democracy or a Republic if everyone thought the same way, and couldn't tolerate any difference of thought or opinion?

That is the exact opposite of everything America has ever stood for or represented.
You just described the left not the right! Losing the election has nothing to do with a possible separation. As I said in another post we are so divided politically and socially and the intolerance is on the part of the left not the right. I desire peace and we don't have it these days and I don't see us reconciling at all.

When people agree and share the same values that brings about peace not division. Some differences are ok but what we are talking about are serious divisions here that has created much hatred. Why live in a society like that? This country has changed over the years and not in a good way. What's wrong with having an America Red and an America Blue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies