Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will these vaccines work?
Yes 125 75.30%
No 41 24.70%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 03:36 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

The problem with vaccines is it’s a false sense of security.

If you’re already obese, a chain smoker, gang member, looter, rioter, arsonist, Antifa, BLM, etc. then you’re already walking on thin ice when it comes to jail or an early grave.

Vaccines aren’t going to save that type of irresponsible and criminal behavior.

Messiah-Biden isn’t going to save you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 04:23 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The problem with vaccines is it’s a false sense of security.

If you’re already obese, a chain smoker, gang member, looter, rioter, arsonist, Antifa, BLM, etc. then you’re already walking on thin ice when it comes to jail or an early grave.

Vaccines aren’t going to save that type of irresponsible and criminal behavior.

Messiah-Biden isn’t going to save you.

Uh, no. That's not a problem associated with a vaccines. Way to argue your point into complete irrelevancy. Come back once you're no longer drunk.

Old 11-25-2020, 04:29 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Time will tell and for those voicing opinions on it either way are just running their mouths off unless they are intimately and directly involved with the testing and development have to just do what we all do, assume that the studies and testing results that say it's good is out and of course people don't get the virus after the vaccine is issued.

The rest of the yammering is speculation.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:00 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
They may work but require annual booster shots, like the flu. People are not going to accept long term lockdowns and distancing, and the longer that goes on the more people are simply going to tell the nannies to pound sand. By next summer people are going to take off their masks and do as they please, at least in the US.

Right now some of the vaccine makers use mRNA based vaccines while others don't. I don't know if there are truly any risks to using an mRNA based vaccine but not everyone is convinced. Personally I think mRNA based therapy will be what cures many diseases in the future, including things like cancer, diabetes, etc. This assumes the medical industrial complex can make more money off the cure than they do off treating the illness. I know some of you think it doesn't work like that, but watching things play out as they have, I'm convinced money is a big driver in medical care and potential cures (or suppression of cures) ..
I believe this mRNA was used for the cure for hepatitis C........

Old 11-25-2020, 07:02 PM

1,253 posts, read 502,888 times
Yes, but only if taken. Hopefully Democrat leaders and spokespeople will stop with the fear mongering over the Trump vaccines soon, so people will feel comfortable in getting them.

Old 11-26-2020, 09:46 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Yes, but only if taken. Hopefully Democrat leaders and spokespeople will stop with the fear mongering over the Trump vaccines soon, so people will feel comfortable in getting them.
Don't forget the rabid anti-vaxxers in the woo community. Maybe they will come to reality when it's their lives on the line, not just their children's.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:08 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
My mother lived to be 93, and had never been vaccinated.

Billions of $$ have been spent to find the anti-aging vaccine.

Her second husband died ten years younger than she, and believe you me, he was a fully vaccinated Army Ranger. Actually, though, it is not known whether he was heavily vaccinated or not.

He continued his army diet from the Great War; spam, loads of sugar, chocolate, loads of salt, and of course tons of whiskey (on and off), coffee and cigarettes. He lived to 83, but went down fast from prostate cancer.

Bill Gates is working hard to have more effective anti-living formulas developed.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:43 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
I hope that those that are going to chose to use the vaccines that they work for them, but since Im not going to be one that chooses to use them therefore it isnt about whether they work at all for me. Maybe one day we will develop a flu vaccines that works. It may work for some, may not work for others.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:47 AM

17,422 posts, read 14,642,907 times
So let me get this straight ....

The vaccines are 95% effective against a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate.

But the vaccine can make you as sick as the virus that has the 99.7% survival rate.

Where do I sign up?

Old 11-28-2020, 12:28 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
No one wants side effects, but they do go along w/ high efficacy usually. Even w/ the flu vaccine, you can get a sore arm, mild fever, malaise. Pneumococcal, very sore arm and strong fatigue for a day. Small price to pay when you look at the whole picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies