Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 07:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
What is frightening about this rhetoric is that you are all believing that the Dems cheated, but have no proof. It doesn’t seem to matter and you are going to use it as justification to actually cheat.
There is evidence. There are 400+ sworn affidavits. That’s testimony under oath, and that is evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 07:43 AM

1,253 posts, read 502,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Democrats lie, cheat, steal... to win. They 'resisted' from the day Trump took office. They lied about the Russian collusion hoax for 3.5 years. Spent huge amounts of taxpayer money 'investigating' something they knew before the investigation was opened wasn't real. They won this election by cheating. They are reprehensible human beings. They get rich selling out American policy and make life worse for Americans in so many ways.

But the Republicans who know full well the Democrats won the election by cheating and stand by and do nothing....should lose Georgia. Part of me hopes they do.
I agree. Republican politicians, for the most part, are docile, meek and just looking to get along. They don't have the killer instinct. They don't go by the Democrat rule of the ends justify the means. They are not as willing to destroy the livelihood of American citizens in order to obtain power. As such, Republicans will always be starting the game 4 touchdowns behind.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:44 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think Trump should form his own political party. We know he has 70+ million followers already.
The GOP has 70+ million followers who either liked Trump or at least voted for him because they didn't like Biden.

If Trump splits off and founds his own MAGA or Trump party, it will effectively hand democrats the win because it will split the conservative vote while the liberal vote stays intact. Do you really want that?

It's time to stop thinking like a nine year old and face reality.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:45 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Sooner or later, either we are going to degenerate into something like great Britain in the last years before Margaret Thatcher, or we are going to have to place some moderate restrictions on the privilege of voting. I would suggest requiring a high school education, plus some minimal evidence of participation in, and contribution to, the society beyond one's doorstep -- service in the military or organizations like the Peace Corps / VISTA, for example, Or completion of a basic education in citizenship.

Anything that requires an effort beyond sitting in front of the tube, guzzling beer and complaining.
At the minimum, let’s require that people request a ballot if they want to vote absentee. None of this blanketing a state with ballots, which is prone to fraud. If someone doesn’t have the motivation to complete a simple ballot application, then they don’t get to vote. Just how lazy and/or incompetent ARE the voters??

Old 11-24-2020, 07:49 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
There is evidence. There are 400+ sworn affidavits. That’s testimony under oath, and that is evidence.
There are also thousands of people who see UFO's, believe in lizard people, etc and will say under oath that what they saw was real.

You also have people who will accuse others of crimes to spite them - accusatons of sexual assault, theft, threats, etc for the sake of screwing over that person or currying favor or sympathy themselves.

Hell, Trump has been taken to litigation 1400+ times.

Accusatons are not automatically proof. They are not automatically evidence.

Trump's team has failed to prove their case to the courts and is losing.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:50 AM

15,827 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Still funny to hear Republicans complaining about investigation of their President after having lived through the Clinton years. Yeah, sure. Poor guy. Whatever.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:50 AM

2,003 posts, read 760,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Of course they're not. Because, BY LAW, ballots are private. No one but you has the right to see how you voted.

You really wanna give that up?
Me personally, since I know that is the way to truly get rid of corruption in elections, by making the ballots public and be open to scrutiny, I have no problem with it.

I also don’t have anything to hide and have no reason to hide who I vote for.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:54 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
These affidavits are things like

“I swear I think my vote didn’t count”
“I swear I think I saw some guys who were up to no good”
“I swear I ran a single poll that has me convinced that cheating occurred”
“I swear I watched Newsmax last night and they said cheating happened”

They are not real evidence.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:55 AM

546 posts, read 243,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LMAO. The people that are still supporting Trump at this stage are rabid R's. They're not going to jump party in any material numbers.

They're not going to stick with Trump any more than the reaction Hillary got when she started hinting around at a 2020 presidential run.
I think you're underestimating Trump support...Hillary is a crooked joke.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:56 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
There’s a lot of delusional republicans around that based on their countless nonsensical posts need to go find a job in this ‘wonderful Trump economy’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies