Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 09:49 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,483,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
there are actually people dying while he ignores the problem and tells his followers that it's a hoax.
This is precisely the kind of exaggerative language I find so loathsome.

Trump’s response to COVID has certainly been inadequate, but he most certainly is not ignoring the problem, and he isn’t calling it a hoax.

I just can’t engage with people who make so free with their words. I prefer more factual and specific language. People can’t stand Trump’s sloppy use of speech, but they do the same thing themselves when they talk this way.

Old 11-27-2020, 09:53 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,596,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
How do people reach a point in life that they voluntarily spend their days sharing every negative story on a person online? It’s an insane unpaid position with zero benefits yet they doggedly perform like a paycheck is on the way. It’s just ... weird, man.
Why fo you spend so much time engaging them? Are you getting paid?

Old 11-27-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Why fo you spend so much time engaging them? Are you getting paid?
If I could get paid to appeal to people to use language more properly, and stop communicating like eight year-old children, I’d take the job. It’s appalling to see grown adults exaggerate and expand their speech in such an untruthful manner. It just is.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:05 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,562,262 times
Quote:
Just stop it. There is absolutely, positively, ZERO equivalence on this topic. None. At all. For five years we’ve endured the most insane of Americans bleating 24/7 over Trump. It’s unprecedented. There’s never been anything like it whatsoever. It cannot be compared to anything that has ever happened before.

The guy lost the frickin’ election and people STILL can’t stop their daily bleeding over him.

It’s a sickness. It’s hysteria.
And Trump has earned every bad word that has been said about him, ten times over. And right now, we need to be very concerned about the dirty tricks he will probably try to pull, before he makes his exit.

Please, Trump, flee the country and save us all the further embarrassment and expense of charging and imprisoning you for your myriad of financial crimes and those against people. We should set up a settlement fund, financed by your assets that will be seized and pay out proper amounts to those you have swindled and assaulted.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:09 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,041,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
https://www.salon.com/2020/11/14/tru...r-and-a-cheat/

As the virus heads into a winter surge, our defeated president tweets, plays golf and runs a money-raising scam.

On Monday, 130,340 were diagnosed with COVID, and 745 died. On Tuesday, 139,746 contracted COVID and 1,465 died. On Wednesday, there were 142,860 new cases of COVID, and 1,431 died. On Thursday, a new national record was set with 163,402 new cases, and the country suffered its seventh day since the election with more than 1,000 deaths from COVID, a total of 1,172 succumbing to the disease.

There are now estimates that at the rate we're going, 400,000 Americans will be dead of COVID by the end of the year. Four hundred thousand! That is more than the population of New Orleans, and nearly the population of Minneapolis.

We've got more deaths from this virus than the number of soldiers killed in World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam and the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. The president of the United States we just voted out of office is sitting around watching Fox News, filing phony lawsuits, firing people he thinks are "disloyal," and running a new scam on his way out the door to line his pockets with dollars from his adoring base. Donald Trump is living up to every expectation we ever had about him. He's going out exactly the way he came in: lying, cheating and stealing.
You have no understanding of a virus. You just hate. fyi the 1918 flu killed 50 million. Now you actually know something...

We, have no sympathy for your ignorance.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:34 AM

13,032 posts, read 7,430,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
And Trump has earned every bad word that has been said about him, ten times over. And right now, we need to be very concerned about the dirty tricks he will probably try to pull, before he makes his exit.

Please, Trump, flee the country and save us all the further embarrassment and expense of charging and imprisoning you for your myriad of financial crimes and those against people. We should set up a settlement fund, financed by your assets that will be seized and pay out proper amounts to those you have swindled and assaulted.

Odds.watch/trump that Trump will leave office early, 8%, 11/27/2020
https://odds.watch/trump

Old 11-27-2020, 11:23 AM

9,804 posts, read 11,492,129 times
Man Some of you guys are sore losers, Quit making threads about our President Waah!
just ignore if you don't like anyone talking about President Trump

Old 11-27-2020, 11:54 AM

33,074 posts, read 12,328,151 times
Quote:
Jesus H Christ can you take a rest already?
Why?

Quote:
You’ve vomited multiple daily Trump angst threads here and the dude will be gone in less than two months.
The OP likely does it to get under the skin of Trump supporters, and that is obviously working .

There are only a few logical reasons that you would be upset......

Deep down you realize Trump was a poor choice, but you don’t want to be reminded of that, so you defend him/get upset when he is criticized.

You think the OP has a point, but you don’t want to admit that/give the OP the satisfaction of being right.

Quote:
Can’t you control yourself just a bit?
Pot meet kettle. Many people, if they think a person is wrong/that their points have no validity, will ignore that person. You could chose to ignore the OP and not respond, yet you don’t do tHat.

Old 11-27-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why?

The OP likely does it to get under the skin of Trump supporters, and that is obviously working .

There are only a few logical reasons that you would be upset......

Deep down you realize Trump was a poor choice, but you don’t want to be reminded of that, so you defend him/get upset when he is criticized.

You think the OP has a point, but you don’t want to admit that/give the OP the satisfaction of being right.

Pot meet kettle. Many people, if they think a person is wrong/that their points have no validity, will ignore that person. You could chose to ignore the OP and not respond, yet you don’t do tHat.
Does my tone really remind you of someone who is upset? Does my post history of the last twelve years here appear to be that of a highly emotional person?

I question why someone feels the need to behave in an extremely propagandistic nature even weeks after their candidate of choice has won the election. That’s a pretty reasonable question, and it’s been posed fairly politely. It seems more natural for one to feel relief and happiness that their chosen candidate won. So why froth and salivate and continue spreading propaganda? It’s indicative of a person voluntarily steeped in anger and confrontation. It makes no sense to continue this way once victory is yours.

... Unless of course you’ve become so steeped in anger and confrontation that you are loathe to see the opportunities for verbal confrontation dry up. And this, I submit, is precisely the OP’s attitude.

Old 11-27-2020, 12:23 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,673,490 times
Quote:
Does my tone really remind you of someone who is upset? Does my post history of the last twelve years here appear to be that of a highly emotional person?

I question why someone feels the need to behave in an extremely propagandistic nature even weeks after their candidate of choice has won the election. That’s a pretty reasonable question, and it’s been posed fairly politely. It seems more natural for one to feel relief and happiness that their chosen candidate won. So why froth and salivate and continue spreading propaganda? It’s indicative of a person voluntarily steeped in anger and confrontation. It makes no sense to continue this way once victory is yours.

... Unless of course you’ve become so steeped in anger and confrontation that you are loathe to see the opportunities for verbal confrontation dry up. And this, I submit, is precisely the OP’s attitude.
Unless Lech can afford to assign it a full-time psychiatrist, perhaps P&OC should be removed from public access for a month....or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.