Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 04:39 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,320,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nothing scary happened when Trump stood up to China, Iran and North Korea. There was lots of shouting at the Southern border when Trump began building the wall, but that subsided, too.
Trump attacked Europeans who did not contribute properly to NATO. Arab nations did not unite and attack America when ISIS was destroyed.
And no wars began when the US embassy was moved to Jerusalem. In fact, Israeli/Arab relations have improved.

So what will Biden do? ........... My feeling is that he will maintain the course as it has been set. There will be speeches and small changes, but I don't look for wholesale changes.

You? .... What do you think?
They will be in a race to undo all the progress Trump made.

How can you honestly think he will stay the course? Just thinking that is complete insanity. We know who Biden is. He will do everything he can to cripple this nation, just as all presidents have done going back to Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 06:05 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,577,314 times
Stand up to China over what exactly?! China has become a pretty decent country by now. I dare say it is less of a rogue state than the US. So, I don't get the point, frankly.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Stand up to China over what exactly?! China has become a pretty decent country by now. I dare say it is less of a rogue state than the US. So, I don't get the point, frankly.
China is doing a lot of good things for the environment and human rights.

Said no one ever.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:19 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,577,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
China is doing a lot of good things for the environment and human rights.

Said no one ever.
They actually are. We should be grateful that the ecological footprint of a Chinese citizen is only half that of an American citizen, else our planet would be in much bigger trouble.
And they are investing a whole lot in green energy and they are cleaning up their environment.

Human rights in China are ok. If I were black, I would be safer in China than in the US or Brazil or Europe.
Fighting criminals in Hong Kong as well as Muslim terrorists and separatists in the West is something I understand, it needs to be done.

And, oddly, I even think that the Chinese have a more democratic country than we in the West. Here we have like a half dozen parties, each of which has a program written by just a few leading party members. The voter has to pick the lesser evil.
In China people can actually participate, every one of them. Before the government drafts the next 5-year plan, there is a call to action, all Chinese are invited to submit constructive criticism, problems, suggestions and ideas on an online portal during a two-week period. Nobody here in the West cares what I personally have to say. Once a party got my vote, they don't give a crap about me.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:21 PM

12,610 posts, read 9,122,145 times
Quote:
Nothing scary happened when Trump stood up to China, Iran and North Korea. There was lots of shouting at the Southern border when Trump began building the wall, but that subsided, too.
Trump attacked Europeans who did not contribute properly to NATO. Arab nations did not unite and attack America when ISIS was destroyed.
And no wars began when the US embassy was moved to Jerusalem. In fact, Israeli/Arab relations have improved.

So what will Biden do? ........... My feeling is that he will maintain the course as it has been set. There will be speeches and small changes, but I don't look for wholesale changes.

Basically, Biden won't be strong for ANY foreign country, especially China. He's too weak, not to mention he has some "investments" there. I hope I'm surprised.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:25 PM

21,649 posts, read 9,221,736 times
Quote:

lol. Are you kidding? China has Biden by the ba$$s.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
They actually are. We should be grateful that the ecological footprint of a Chinese citizen is only half that of an American citizen, else our planet would be in much bigger trouble.
And they are investing a whole lot in green energy and they are cleaning up their environment.

Human rights in China are ok. If I were black, I would be safer in China than in the US or Brazil or Europe.
Fighting criminals in Hong Kong as well as Muslim terrorists and separatists in the West is something I understand, it needs to be done.

And, oddly, I even think that the Chinese have a more democratic country than we in the West. Here we have like a half dozen parties, each of which has a program written by just a few leading party members. The voter has to pick the lesser evil.
In China people can actually participate, every one of them. Before the government drafts the next 5-year plan, there is a call to action, all Chinese are invited to submit constructive criticism, problems, suggestions and ideas on an online portal during a two-week period. Nobody here in the West cares what I personally have to say. Once a party got my vote, they don't give a crap about me.
You are completely delusional. Hopefully you are actually Chinese or at least being paid by them. Sadly you are probably an American of voting age.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:45 PM

14,010 posts, read 4,434,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You are completely delusional. Hopefully you are actually Chinese or at least being paid by them. Sadly you are probably an American of voting age.
Democrats worship China.
Democrats also worship muslims.
But China does not play nice with their minority muslim Uighurs.

What do?!

Old 11-25-2020, 06:49 PM

7,076 posts, read 4,677,115 times
Quote:
Riiiiiiigggghhht.
Slave labor reeducation camps are "pretty decent" aren't they. Good grief.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:54 PM

7,076 posts, read 4,677,115 times
China Joe will usher in the decline of America and escalate China at warp speed to the top of the global governance tier. Thanks to low-information democrats, all will bow to Communist China which probably released the virus on purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies