Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2020, 09:33 PM

30,127 posts, read 11,754,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Weren't you one if those saying that this would go away Nov. 5th?

A lot of the chatter was the media was going to stop talking about it and blue states were going to stop covid related restrictions because all of this was done to hurt Trump. Guess what it is still here and worse than ever. I think without the holidays coming up it might peak soon and slowly go down. But from Thanksgiving to New Years there will be so many super spreader events that we are not going to peak for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
Agreed. Anyone that thinks the stock market is representative of the true economy is living under a well-protected rock.

Zero percent interest rates push the big money into equities.

Old 11-25-2020, 09:38 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,453,121 times
Things aren't even bad yet.

Think about how bad things will get when we enter into our unavoidable currency crisis and sovereign debt crisis. There will be no relief. No bailouts, no "stimulus" checks, no QE, etc. All those "remedies" that have "worked" in the past will fail pathetically this time, and in fact only aggravate the pain and suffering. We will not be able to print, borrow, and spend our way out of the next crisis.

Old 11-25-2020, 11:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,874,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
A lot of the chatter was the media was going to stop talking about it and blue states were going to stop covid related restrictions because all of this was done to hurt Trump. Guess what it is still here and worse than ever. I think without the holidays coming up it might peak soon and slowly go down. But from Thanksgiving to New Years there will be so many super spreader events that we are not going to peak for a while.
I dont get why they said it would. Anyone with half a brain cell knows it wouldn't all of a sudden not be a story unless there was an equally or bigger story in the news. Even the election chaos with the lack of transfer of power can't stop the media from talking about Covid-19. Imagine that.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:03 AM

422 posts, read 335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
3 in 4 americans are overweight/obese, believe me, you guys can stand to go hungry.

Because we all know, only thin people deserve to eat...

Old 11-26-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I dont get why they said it would. Anyone with half a brain cell knows it wouldn't all of a sudden not be a story unless there was an equally or bigger story in the news. Even the election chaos with the lack of transfer of power can't stop the media from talking about Covid-19. Imagine that.
Because you understand that there is a news cycle that has a life of its own. However if one believes that news is biased and controlled by the left and is used as a weapon against Trump then you believe anything is possible. So in their mind the "democrat controlled news media" can flip a switch at anytime and stop talking about the virus and it goes away since its really no different than the flu in their minds.

The funny thing is if Trump had made the virus the enemy instead of the left + the virus as the enemy he could have pulled the country together and won reelection easily. I really think Trump early on it thought it would fizzle out and making a big deal about it would hurt the economy and his chances for reelection. By the time it was clear he was wrong he had no backup plan and just kept doubling down.

It would be like with 9/11 and Bush had blamed the Democrats for it and conspired with the terrorists to make him look bad. Bush would have been a one term POTUS just like Trump.

Old 11-26-2020, 06:31 AM

45,199 posts, read 26,409,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Because you understand that there is a news cycle that has a life of its own. However if one believes that news is biased and controlled by the left and is used as a weapon against Trump then you believe anything is possible. So in their mind the "democrat controlled news media" can flip a switch at anytime and stop talking about the virus and it goes away since its really no different than the flu in their minds.

The funny thing is if Trump had made the virus the enemy instead of the left + the virus as the enemy he could have pulled the country together and won reelection easily. I really think Trump early on it thought it would fizzle out and making a big deal about it would hurt the economy and his chances for reelection. By the time it was clear he was wrong he had no backup plan and just kept doubling down.

It would be like with 9/11 and Bush had blamed the Democrats for it and conspired with the terrorists to make him look bad. Bush would have been a one term POTUS just like Trump.
I wish Trump would have made the virus the enemy, the leftist media would have reported it entirely different (i.e. honestly) and we wouldnt have a country of anxiety ridden virus phobes

Old 11-26-2020, 03:51 PM

8,199 posts, read 3,476,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I wish Trump would have made the virus the enemy, the leftist media would have reported it entirely different (i.e. honestly) and we wouldnt have a country of anxiety ridden virus phobes

Right

And the left would have been making fun of Trump and calling Trump a dictator and whatnot for all the restrictions.

But maybe millions of people wouldn't have lost their jobs and we wouldn't have lines of cars going down the road waiting for the food bank.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,876,507 times
Go fishing.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:26 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,459,011 times
poor people have always been fishing in river and lake for extra portein,what else is new.
also the Vietnamese came and show us there is plenty of meat in horse shoe crab,tastes like lobster meat.
snails,conch,frogs,crayfish,wild mushroom and fungus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies