Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2020, 09:01 AM

1,969 posts, read 544,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
One in 3 Americans are morbidly obese I’m just saying
ya this is the same group that sits around calling americans obese and disgusting. now we are all starving.

same group that wants perpetual shutdowns, yet cry when they see the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You assumed all that from "a commercial"?

And is it pink hair, or purple? Seems like you weren't paying attention, so the credibility in the "details" you present is suspect. I'm wondering if there is any such commercial after all ...
trick please, the hair was fuchia.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ196 View Post
I am sure letting in millions more illegals will help. Or send factories and jobs back to china.
omg bingo!!!

dems scream about what meanies we are with immigration, and america first, now crying over the results.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yeah and these braindead politicians just want to keep locking down.... They're all multi-millionaires, so they don't care that they're destroying small businesses. I bet if you took away all their millions and made them stand in line at a food bank, they'd open things up real quick....
this is really the problem, they dont need anything. yet meanwhile i watch business after buisness close

Old 11-30-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Trump was and continues to ignore the hunger lines. A huge failure on our governments part. Churches should be stepping up way more than they have been. Do you see lines forming at the churches? Churches should lose their tax exemptions for their lack of response in places of great need.
they would need donations that they get from BEING OPEN

Old 11-30-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am a Libertarian and believe in personal responsibility but what you are saying is totally dumb. Having enough food in the past to become obese has nothing to do with being hungry right now.
a. its a commercial. if they want sympathy for hunger, dont put an obese person on it!
b. if she didnt eat 5000 calories a day, maybe there would be more $ for 2000 calories a day

Old 11-30-2020, 09:54 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Beans+rice is anything but high carb and malnutritious. It is a complete protein (similar to that of meat or soy), low in calories and high in fiber.
End the pandemic by minimizing the disease and subsidizing the public to stay home. Ignoring it and hoping it goes away has been the federal government’s M.O. for the past eight months and we’re now at record levels for infections. Try harder.

Beans and rice paired together has nutritional value It’s the exception to the list of non nutritions fillers.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You know what the food banks give a lot of? Beans, rice and pasta.
I’m aware. Just noting that people keep using the fact that we have a lot of obese and overweight people to deny the fact that many people are going hungry.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:59 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
a. its a commercial. if they want sympathy for hunger, dont put an obese person on it!
b. if she didnt eat 5000 calories a day, maybe there would be more $ for 2000 calories a day
The Ordeal of Herbert Hoover, Part 2

Defensive to the point of bewilderment, he told reporters, "No one is actually starving." In fact, said Hoover, he knew of one hobo who had managed to beg ten meals in a single day. He once offered Rudy Vallee a gold medal if the popular entertainer could come up with a joke to curtail hoarding of gold. Increasingly the joke, such as it was, was the man U.S. News called "President Reject." "Mellon pulled the whistle," went one Democratic campaign doggerel, "Hoover rang the bell, Wall Street gave the signal, And the country went to hell." (my emphasis)

Rinse and repeat some 90 years later ...

Old 11-30-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I don't deserve what I have.

I worked 50-60 hour weeks at $15 an hour while going to college and raising a family. Rather than play video games, drink with my buds, spend money on needless things, and chase tail, I spent 4 hours, two nights a week and Saturday morning, educating myself in a way to be more marketable. When I wasn't in class or working, I'd parent my 4-year-old daughter, put her to bed at 9 PM, and study for the next 3-5 hours. At 6 AM the following morning, I'd rinse and repeat.

I earned it.
people dont get it. what would we do WITHOUT the rich? who would pay for the welfare?

its america. you wont have a better chance to succeed anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies