Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 02:20 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I found out last night working concessions at the game that my counties schools are actually using the school buses and distributing meals for the kids at their usual stops when there is no in school classes. Pretty awesome.
Mine too. I get voicemails all the time from my county, although my kids aren't needy. I fully support kids getting the nutrition they need, because they're not able to go out and work. Their sole job is learning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 02:26 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,650,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
people dont get it. what would we do WITHOUT the rich? who would pay for the welfare?

its america. you wont have a better chance to succeed anywhere.

But there are still manufacturing jobs in China and Mexico..... Or do you think everybody can succeed selling meals to each other and taking in each other's laundry?

Old 12-04-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree. The closest town to me is about 2500, the next 11K with lots of rural land and communities around.
For those that dont garden or can and are facing hard times there are food stamps and lots of food banks.
No one is going hungry unless they are dumb. And if your going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.

You must truly live in a miraculous corner of the world that you can harvest your garden as soon as you plant it. Here it takes few months. and skill in preserving food. Now some areas have plentiful rain and rich soil. But other places you also need to haul water and the soil takes few years to make very productive. I take it you dont garden yourself if you dont know these things.....

And yea lucky there are food banks, have you seen the miles long lines of cars full of Trump voters in RED STATES wanting their hand outs? Wouldnt want hungry Trump voters, they might start shooting and eating "leftists". Cause they have never heard of civil society or democracy. Its law of the jungle for them.

Old 12-05-2020, 12:51 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
America has the fattest poor people in the world.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Dont know how to break this to you, but fat people get hungry too. Cheap sugary starchy highly profitable diets Madison Avenue promotes from the mountain tops, will make you fat. Just like fattening hogs for market. Confine them and feed them a high starch diet. Guess they reach their BLISS POINT.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:14 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And you have this sadistic imbecile of a governor closing grocery stores in New Mexico
https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/...order/5931447/
It doesn’t matter if the stores are open or closed if you don’t have the income to buy food,

Old 12-05-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Beans and rice. And pasta. And peanut butter. And...

It's possible if you plan carefully to live off of SNAP benefits (not that I've ever received any) or eat even more cheaply than that, and still eat a balanced meal.
All that rice and pasta and cheap food is a large part of the obesity problem.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You wanna put money on that?

2020 Index of Economic Freedom

The u.s. does rank #1 in the number of incarcerated people per capita.
At least the State will see to it, some people get fed.
The very rich are paying less than a pittance of their wealth. It is the professional middle class that is slammed by taxes.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:29 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...d-19-persists/

With the holidays nearing, miles-long food lines are a hint at how hunger in America could soon surpass the peak of the 2007 recession.

Early one morning in mid-November, Trisha Cunningham, the president of North Texas Food Bank, arrived at a sprawling fairground in southern Dallas that hosts the annual Texas State Fair. Four lines of cars snaked for miles, from the entrance toward the skyscrapers downtown. Some of the drivers had arrived the night before and slept in their cars, waiting for a box of food that would help get them through Thanksgiving.

By the end of this year, more than 50 million people will experience food insecurity, according to Feeding America, the country’s largest hunger-relief organization. That’s one in six Americans and one in four children—nearly a 50 percent increase from 2019. A Northwestern University study in June found that food needs had doubled nationally, and tripled for households with children. The pandemic has laid bare how many people are one paycheck or medical bill away from hunger.
Pelosi would have been nice if you had worked with congress earlier

Old 12-05-2020, 09:07 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Unhealthy eating. Too many carbs, empty calories, sugary drinks, greasy fatty food w/ the bad fats used (fast food places). Education in school regarding diet should start early, kindergarten and up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies