Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 09:21 PM

592 posts, read 502,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What will the as yet unknown, long term effects of TDS be on these poor souls?

What does being so full of absolute hatred for so long do to a person's psyche when the object of their hate is no longer relevant?

How will their sudden lack of a boogeyman to blame all the evils of the world on manifest itself on the forum and in the media propaganda machine?
Trump was such a wreck that nobody could keep up with his corrupt nature and provided something to talk about daily. After he is gone, like all other Presidents he will likely disappear from mainstrean TV, but fringe TV will probably give him a platform.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
LOL. The OP does know this message board was around before Trump right? Im looking forward to debates on spending, and the right path forward for our country as a whole (yes you too conservatives). I will also call out Biden and his team for things they do wrong.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:36 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Watch how they try to give Biden all the credit for distributing the vaccine, claiming that developing it was the easy part but getting it to the people is what really takes competence. I’ve already read something to that effect.
The vaccine hasn't been approved yet so it hasn't even been distributed. They should be held accountable for how they handle the pandemic before one is created though. Trump failed. If he had taken this seriously from the beginning and actually got a command of this, he may have been re elected.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:40 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Prolly make fun of people who try to pick on every fault of Biden.

It's gonna be hilarious.

I am however looking forward to a boring news cycle and not seeing our President doing something super dumb every day.
It'll be every other day instead-though the media won't report anything wrong that St Joseph of Hebeophila does. They will also praise St Kamilla, while ignoring her history of wrongdoings against blacks.

Here's my take on how they will occupy their time- cause it sure won't be occupied by working!!

What the" hypocritical/no-standards-except-for-double-standards" crowd will do, is probably what they do best-act morally superior, while being just as bad as the trumpers the past 4 years; they'll find SOMETHING to be offended about on behalf of people who aren;t offended by it, doing nothing but make fact-less virtue signaling posts on social media, all the while thinking they are "woke" and MLK Jr on steroids. They'll go on about how against hate, sexism, and bigotry they are, while being hateful, sexist, and bigoted;
They will use non-whites as virtue signaling props, turn their white guilt complex into the white savior complex, and act as if non-whites are incapable of independent thought and that blacks won;t survive without their White Saviors. Never mind that these same "woke jokes" are as prejudicial as the "other side

They'll have a soft-on-crime stance, but they live in gated, private communities where there is no threat of crime. Lily-white communities, with a lily-white social circle, while calling other racist, and themselves woke. They'll go on Defcon 1 when they see 2 or more black people near them

- They tell people to ride bikes and use public transportation to reduce oil consumption, while themselves traveling around the world in private jets and luxury SUVs.

- They join organizations like PETA because they believe that killing animals is wrong, but they wear expensive leather belts and shoes.

-They'll believe that consequences of committing crimes are "white supremacy" as long as someone else is the victim.

I used to feel that the TRumpers were the warped, disturbed ones. Congrats, you racist slacktivists-you outdid them!!!

Old 11-24-2020, 09:44 PM

592 posts, read 502,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Don’t worry, every thread will still be about Trump.

They’re convinced he’s going to jail.
And Trumpist's are still convinced he will get a second term..delusional. And that is what Trump has been for the last 12 years or so.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:53 PM

5,645 posts, read 6,206,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. The OP does know this message board was around before Trump right? Im looking forward to debates on spending, and the right path forward for our country as a whole (yes you too conservatives). I will also call out Biden and his team for things they do wrong.
^^^ This....I'm an independent but no fan of Trump. I tried a couple of times over the last few years to start threads for moderates and addressing this like thr national debt or other issues boring middle-of-the-roadrs care about but they fizzled in the onslaught of the latest Trump tweet where he was insulting some world leader of threatening to withhold funds from states he didn't like or some other thing. I'm hoping (perhaps quixotically) for more substantive and less combative discussions.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:01 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What will the as yet unknown, long term effects of TDS be on these poor souls?

What does being so full of absolute hatred for so long do to a person's psyche when the object of their hate is no longer relevant?

How will their sudden lack of a boogeyman to blame all the evils of the world on manifest itself on the forum and in the media propaganda machine?
I'll breathe a sigh of relief and happily move on.

But I wonder what you will do. TDS is a 2-way affliction, and I'm sure it hit you just as much.
What are you going to do when the absolute need to defend your choice is gone forever? Blame the Democrat in charge? Call him a boogeyman?

Old 11-25-2020, 02:31 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
That poster’s Canadian?! It takes one hell of a nerve for a foreigner to come onto a thread about American politics, and trash the politicians.

That Trudeau is a jerk, though, isn’t he?
Trudeau is such a jerk, he nationalized recreation marijuana (rather than let the individual states decide) and he nationalized Physician Assisted Suicide (rather than let the individual states decide) and how I wish we had had a jerk like that in the U.S. the last 4 years. Why didn't Mr. BankTrumptcy do that?

Old 11-25-2020, 02:32 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
You fantasize about people killing themselves? That makes you happy? SICK.
Where or where in my post did you pick up on my fantasizing about people killing themselves? I said I was worried about that happening!

Methinks you're projecting!

Old 11-25-2020, 03:39 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Sure, I was here then too.

And as I recall, the resident left wingers on the forum here were largely occupying their time with calling anyone who criticized any of Obama's policies racist, sexist, homophobes, Islamophobes, wanting to throw Grandma off a cliff.....etc, etc.

So it seems things haven't changed much.....y'all have just been using the same arguments against Trump, while throwing in some brilliantly original comments about his hands or calling him the Orange Hitler.....

So I guess you better hope that the old white guy you elected, with a long history of racist comments and unwanted touching of women and children doesn't last long before Kamala takes over so you can keep playing the race card and shuffle the misogyny card into the deck too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies