Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:05 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,510 times

Advertisements

The backwardness on this thread is incredible. Either a fair amount of the posters on this thread are uninformed and non thinkers or they are unapologetic sociopaths, whatever the case such barbarism is nothing to be proud of.

Iran is not our enemy. Let me repeat; Iran is not our enemy! Iranians would LOVE to do business with the US. Unfortunately it is the US who does not want to do business with the Iranians. What's worse, we want to dictate to them how they should go about doing business in their own country as well as with those other countries who have business dealings with Iran. Because Iran would dare have the audacity to do things their own way, that makes them America's enemy.

Many Americans need to be aware of that, before they start spouting off neocon talking points. It's shameful and unintelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 03:07 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Relieve them of their command.

Replace them
He would immediately be impeached if he did that.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Thanks for the link, and now I do remember seeing it. No proof, though, only allegations. Lot of difference.
I think when the head prosecutor who just resigned a few months ago appears voluntarily as a defense witness, the administration has some trouble. I would regard a career military prosecutor as a credible witness.

Quote:
---
I hope no such condition actually exists - imminent attack; however, on 9/10/01, the U.S. thought everything was hunky-dory, too, yes? Drop your guard, drop your opportunity for quick retaliation.
The President is certainly within his set of delegated powers to have shot down any of the planes that launched on 9/11.

Quote:
---And who really knows what is going on in Iran, in Imanutjob's mind (sorry, can't remember his real name, only kinda phonetically at the moment) other than he, himself. And If he or his country continue to thwart the embargoes - real or imagined - about the nuclear development, well, is it saber-rattling or just an empty threat, as you write? I'd hope it's an empty threat, too, but just in case it's not...well, I hope you can get my drift?

GO USA!
I don't need to get your drift. We know from previous on-site inspections that Iran is years away from having the capability to build a nuclear weapon. But having a nuclear weapon is not in itself an act of war. Even if we knew Iran had a nuclear weapon the President would need Congressional authority to order a mission attempting to take them out. The president's unilateral authority extends only to defensive acts, where we are attacked first or someone is about to launch such an attack.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:15 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
He can relieve the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, he can't unilaterally replace him. Congress has to approve. Were still at the point where no one is obeying George Bush's order.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
They serve at the pleasure of the President. It is well within his Constitutional authority as CIC

Old 05-05-2008, 03:19 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
The backwardness on this thread is incredible. Either a fair amount of the posters on this thread are uninformed and non thinkers or they are unapologetic sociopaths, whatever the case such barbarism is nothing to be proud of.

Iran is not our enemy. Let me repeat; Iran is not our enemy! Iranians would LOVE to do business with the US. Unfortunately it is the US who does not want to do business with the Iranians. What's worse, we want to dictate to them how they should go about doing business in their own country as well as with those other countries who have business dealings with Iran. Because Iran would dare have the audacity to do things their own way, that makes them America's enemy.

Many Americans need to be aware of that, before they start spouting off neocon talking points. It's shameful and unintelligent.

Well Im half with you here. You are only wrong about one thing. Iran is our enemy and the Irainan people see us as the enemy. But, it is because the things you say. You are right indeed that we have no right to dictate to them how they should run their country. Why dont this govt mind their own damn business? Why do they have to butt their noses into every other countries business?

I would hate some one too if they always tried to run my life and change my customs. Customs that they been living with for 3000 years. And here comes big bad America who is only 300 years old and trying to change them.

It goes both ways though. Just as most people from other places hate us because of this govts policies, we hate other people for their govts policies. We all have to remember here, it is not the people of the USA or the people of any other country who are bad. It is the governments who are bad. We all know this govt is evil, corrupt, thieves, liars and bums. How do you think others see this?

Old 05-05-2008, 03:26 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Seems some of you are reacting to the headlines, instead of actually reading the article:

The US military is drawing up plans for a “surgical strike” against an insurgent training camp inside Iran if Republican Guards continue with attempts to destabilise Iraq, western intelligence sources said last week. One source said the Americans were growing increasingly angry at the involvement of the Guards’ special-operations Quds force inside Iraq, training Shi’ite militias and smuggling weapons into the country.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:33 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
They serve at the pleasure of the President. It is well within his Constitutional authority as CIC
Just like it's well in the constitution to remove the president if it suits the legislative branch. Got to love balance of power

Not that it's probable, but call a spade a spade.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:36 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Wipe Mecca off the face of the earth just to prove the allah isn't the real God. Maybe then these suicide bombing, magic carpet riding, durka durka chanting, child raping human guillitines will realize that their religion is completely wrong. These guys are worse than the Nazi's.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:40 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Seems some of you are reacting to the headlines, instead of actually reading the article:

The US military is drawing up plans for a “surgical strike” against an insurgent training camp inside Iran if Republican Guards continue with attempts to destabilise Iraq, western intelligence sources said last week. One source said the Americans were growing increasingly angry at the involvement of the Guards’ special-operations Quds force inside Iraq, training Shi’ite militias and smuggling weapons into the country.
Iran is trying to destabilize Iraq? That makes no sense whatsoever. Iraq is a neighboring country, if anything, Iran has an interest in a stabilized Iraq with a strong central government. Actually, it is the US who gains from a destabilized Iraq. Don't believe me? I think that the defense contractors would disagree with you. The military industrial complex has made a killing off of this Iraq military adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies