Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 04:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Plandemic was proven to br false and there is no proof of voter fraud. What's next, Democrats were funding the Al Qaeda terrorists who attacked us on 9/11?
Don't give them any ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 04:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Well, not at the level of Dr. Stella and her alien sex DNA platform but another pro-hoax loon gets exposed.

NEXT!

Old 11-28-2020, 06:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Don't give them any ideas
I'm actually surprised that hasn't been used before.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:39 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Agree, but those with an agenda took what otherwise would have been an unremarkable and unremarked on student news article then splashed it all over the internet billed as a Johns Hopkins University study. Junk news happens all the time. That it involved those dying in a pandemic struck me as a new low. Not nice for sure.
At this point, anyone dumb enough to expose themselves and others to the disease are on their own.

If you really want to be outraged, go look at whom the national news gives a free pass to and whom they don't for gathering together without masks etc. (google things like brooklyn sweet 16 and wedding just as 2 examples.)

Regardless of political party, race, views on covid etc. young people are gathering nationwide and spreading the illness. Fake news around garbage like this are not influencing anyone that hasn't already made up their mind and are looking for confirmation of their bias.

SIDE COMMENT: I would add, be careful that you aren't being sucked into false perception not based on fake news but on what is selected to be reported that is equally as bad. (referring to the coverage of maskless gatherings of one party but not the other.)

Let me give you an example, CNN covers (nationally) every bad "Karen" moment and her bad actions towards minorities. They didn't cover this story: (gee, racially targeted serial killer ignored and doesn't make national news but a lady yelling at a neighbor does? wow.)

https://fox4kc.com/news/fredrick-sco...usiness-owner/

Old 11-28-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
At this point, anyone dumb enough to expose themselves and others to the disease are on their own.

If you really want to be outraged, go look at whom the national news gives a free pass to and whom they don't for gathering together without masks etc. (google things like brooklyn sweet 16 and wedding just as 2 examples.)

Regardless of political party, race, views on covid etc. young people are gathering nationwide and spreading the illness. Fake news around garbage like this are not influencing anyone that hasn't already made up their mind and are looking for confirmation of their bias.

SIDE COMMENT: I would add, be careful that you aren't being sucked into false perception not based on fake news but on what is selected to be reported that is equally as bad. (referring to the coverage of maskless gatherings of one party but not the other.)

Let me give you an example, CNN covers (nationally) every bad "Karen" moment and her bad actions towards minorities. They didn't cover this story: (gee, racially targeted serial killer ignored and doesn't make national news but a lady yelling at a neighbor does? wow.)

https://fox4kc.com/news/fredrick-sco...usiness-owner/
No offense to the story, but unless Kansas City is home to a terrorist bombing like OKC was, a school shooting or a presidential assassination, it isn't going to get talked. Chicago, Atlanta. Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington, Los Angeles and New York are the big cities where these stories get broadcast in. Nothing new. This happened in the 1970's with the Zodiac and Son of Sam murders.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Her choice, of course.

If an economist I might have started with an assessment of the economic impact. Impact of pandemic-avoidance on the economy. (Along with the governmental restrictions, of course.) One component of that is the death rate, along with hospitalization rate, those who want to avoid spreading the disease. What covid - and the response, yes - has done to the economy and to businesses, workers is compelling. Another topic though ... not this thread.

About your bold, I personally have not gotten into the whole death certificate issue. But if she were truly interested in the issue then an intro to it would have been helpful. How the states have been classifying impact from co-morbidities at the time of death. (As an aside, this is potentially complicated since covid is far from just a respiratory virus but appears to cause system-wide illness.). Instead she manipulated some death data - both badly and wrongly - then made an unsupportable accusation.

Not cool.
1) Good for you to consider all the other damage and mortality impacts of shutting down. This is a very complicated issue that has (like everything else) been politicized.

2) My sibling is in healthcare, if you have stage 4 cancer and covid kills you, the cause of death is Covid. If you die in a car accident with a metal beam through your head, the cause of death is car accident. This is the case in the vast majority of incidents, people with political motives have sought to misrepresent this.

We can avoid the entire argument by just pointing to the additional 250k deaths this year vs. what was expected. That's clean and statistical, no cause of death, no miscounting, just hey we have an extra 250k deaths this year beyond a regular pattern.

Anyone wanting to challenge me on this, bring your asbestosis underwear to the discussion because while your head may be rock, I'm still gonna light ya up. (Before crying, go look at my other posts in this thread, I'm clearly not on the "lock down" bandwagon, especially now and recognizing the reality that young people don't give a poop. Vaccine is the only saving grace, thanks big pharma...lmao...blasphemy!

Old 11-28-2020, 08:52 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
anybody seen Biden's plan?

Old 11-28-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No offense to the story, but unless Kansas City is home to a terrorist bombing like OKC was, a school shooting or a presidential assassination, it isn't going to get talked. Chicago, Atlanta. Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington, Los Angeles and New York are the big cities where these stories get broadcast in. Nothing new. This happened in the 1970's with the Zodiac and Son of Sam murders.
https://www.cnn.com/2014/04/13/us/ka...ing/index.html

Kill 3 people in a racially motivated shooting? National News.

Kill 6 people after stalking them and targeting them individually? Oh gee....nobody follows Kansas City.

Logical, non-partisan post in rebuttal to your vague unsupported claims.

You have any sort of supported argument against this beyond opinion and politically motivated hand-waving?

Support your points.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahopotato View Post
What does that have to do with the truth of the John Hopkin study? Focus please...
There was no John Hopkins study.

Focus please!

Old 11-28-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2014/04/13/us/ka...ing/index.html

Kill 3 people in a racially motivated shooting? National News.

Kill 6 people after stalking them and targeting them individually? Oh gee....nobody follows Kansas City.

Logical, non-partisan post in rebuttal to your vague unsupported claims.

You have any sort of supported argument against this beyond opinion and politically motivated hand-waving?

Support your points.
My point was about the media bias to where crimes take place and what crimes constitute news coverage. This long has been an issue before we even had 24 hour news channels on cable TV. I'm sorry this true point was lost on you in your biased diatribe against the MSM. FYI. I'm arguing a similar point and I normally do defend the MSM. I'm just saying this issue was a bit more accepted and not challenged really. I disagree with it but I dont know what we can do to stop the bias towards the big metro areas and mass murders versus whatever was the case with this one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies