Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 09:46 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times

Advertisements

China must have kicked out another round of checks again. This same post comes up about ever two months. And I have to point out that the only reason Trump's middle class tax cuts are not permanent is that it took 60 votes in the senate to make those cuts permanent when the bill was passed. Every Republican voted to give the middle class a break-NOT ONE DEMOCRATIC SENATOR DID. So when these tax increases some to pass-please, make it a point to thank the Democratic party for one of the largest middle-class tax increases in history.

It does get tedious-countering the lies of those on the left. I do wonder-just how much does China pay to divide this country and spread lies? I have to wonder-do those that promote this crap really think the American public is dumb enough to believe it?

I guess it's possible-Rapey Joe will be taking office in a couple months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2020, 09:48 AM

1,301 posts, read 663,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did you ever consider that if we allowed low income a substantial and permanent tax cut, the "rich tax payers" might not need to pony up as much for public housing, food stamps, medicaid, welfare, etc,?
Many low income folks already pay little or no income taxes.
A better solution would be to make it mandatory for ALL public highschools & colleges to teach financial literacy courses that cover a variety of topics such as: Credit, loans, debt, interest, stocks, bonds, crypto currencies, capital gains, LLC's & trusts, income streams, mortages, real-estate, tax deductions, etc.

We're a capitalist society but we don't actually teach our children how to accumulate and grow wealth.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:52 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,596,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Ahhh, good times. The libs are already trying to blame Trump for Biden's inevitable tax hikes.

There's going to be a lot of trying to blame Trump for Biden's stupidity and mistakes. Do the fools who voted for Biden really think they're going to get anything other than the mediocrity and malaise of the Obama/Biden presidency? LOL!

The good news is I have enough money to prosper notwithstanding anything the moron Biden tries to do. His voters will suffer though, which is fine with me.
so the actual tax cuts and stepped hikes that are in Trumps bill are now Bidens?

Here we go with the flim flam.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:54 AM
bu2

23,972 posts, read 14,760,934 times
This wasn't Trump's tax plan.

Its the Congress's 10 year planning horizon for the budget. They only write these reductions for 10 years because much of the negative impact on the budget happens after 10 years and they can only come up with revenue enhancers enough to justify 10 years.

Bush's tax cuts were the same way, even the very logical removal of the phaseout of exemptions and itemized deductions.

Almost all of the various special tax incentives have sunset provisions. And almost all get extended the year they were to expire.

If you buy this article, you are just ignorant about the tax law. Ignorant people get easily duped by propaganda.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:55 AM

8,293 posts, read 3,783,843 times
Quote:
Ahhh, good times. The libs are already trying to blame Trump for Biden's inevitable tax hikes.

There's going to be a lot of trying to blame Trump for Biden's stupidity and mistakes. Do the fools who voted for Biden really think they're going to get anything other than the mediocrity and malaise of the Obama/Biden presidency? LOL!

The good news is I have enough money to prosper notwithstanding anything the moron Biden tries to do. His voters will suffer though, which is fine with me.
I'm a conservative and I don't fall for this nonsense.

Do you people not read laws as they are passed? The tax hikes have Trump's signature on them. How stupid is someone to hold Biden accountable for something that Trump signed? Trump has the taxes going up starting next year.

Talk about massive ignorance and stupidity.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:56 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,713,073 times
This article lacks specifics, like what is going to expired to raise the tax. Then I read the other is from Columbia University, isn’t that where a Obama got indoctrinated from.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:57 AM

17,456 posts, read 6,784,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I'm a conservative and I don't fall for this nonsense.

Do you people not read laws as they are passed? The tax hikes have Trump's signature on them. How stupid is someone to hold Biden accountable for something that Trump signed? Trump has the taxes going up starting next year.

Talk about massive ignorance and stupidity.
No, you are not a conservative. You are someone who claims to be a conservative while embracing, adopting and defending anything any Democrat ever does or writes.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:00 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did you ever consider that if we allowed low income a substantial and permanent tax cut, the "rich tax payers" might not need to pony up as much for public housing, food stamps, medicaid, welfare, etc,?
The low income aren’t paying taxes in the first place. Fully half of all Americans don’t. You honestly think people on Medicaid and living in public housing are paying income taxes??

Old 11-29-2020, 10:01 AM

33,876 posts, read 47,070,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Many low income folks already pay little or no income taxes.
A better solution would be to make it mandatory for ALL public highschools & colleges to teach financial literacy courses that cover a variety of topics such as: Credit, loans, debt, interest, stocks, bonds, crypto currencies, capital gains, LLC's & trusts, income streams, mortages, real-estate, tax deductions, etc.

We're a capitalist society but we don't actually teach our children how to accumulate and grow wealth.
Good point. I didn't really learn about LLCs, partnerships, etc. until I had a few years in the work force.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-29-2020, 10:02 AM

8,293 posts, read 3,783,843 times
Quote:
No, you are not a conservative. You are someone who claims to be a conservative while embracing, adopting and defending anything any Democrat ever does or writes.
Only in your dreams. I'll never defend you are or you leftist party.

Funny how you leftists want to take credit for these tax hikes when the bills were signed by Trump himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies