Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2020, 09:02 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,126,927 times

Advertisements

A nurse posted a video online flaunting that she travels, doesn’t wear a mask in public, and her kids have play dates. She said she was a nurse. People quickly identified her. She is indeed a nurse ..and get this, not just a nurse in something like a dermatology office. She is an oncology nurse, working with critically ill immunocomoromised patients! She has been placed on administrative leave.

I know she seems to be young, but she is old enough to be a nurse. Years ago nurses in their thirties and even twenties wouldn’t be so cavalier. If any patients she worked with died of the virus I think she should be charged, although her lawyer would argue that they were terminally ill anyway.

I know there is a sort age of nurses, but this is one nurse we don’t need!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...pdq-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 09:05 AM

17,331 posts, read 14,601,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
A nurse posted a video online flaunting that she travels, doesn’t wear a mask in public, and her kids have play dates. She said she was a nurse. People quickly identified her. She is indeed a nurse ..and get this, not just a nurse in something like a dermatology office. She is an oncology nurse, working with critically ill immunocomoromised patients! She has been placed on administrative leave.

I know she seems to be young, but she is old enough to be a nurse. Years ago nurses in their thirties and even twenties wouldn’t be so cavalier. If any patients she worked with died of the virus I think she should be charged, although her lawyer would argue that they were terminally ill anyway.

I know there is a sort age of nurses, but this is one nurse we don’t need!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...pdq-story.html
Wait.

I thought we were supposed to listen and believe all the nurses and their experiences and beliefs about covid?

Are we not now?

It's so confusing.

Old 12-02-2020, 03:54 AM

130 posts, read 77,173 times
This nurse IS NOT going along with thier agenda so NO they dont want us listening to her.....

Old 12-02-2020, 04:08 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,626,826 times
There's idiots in every profession. She's not a COVID unit nurse because if she were, she'd have a very different perspective on the virus. It's pretty shallow of her to care so little about her immunocompromised cancer patients that she'd be so cavalier in her personal life, though...probably one of those who got into it for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
This nurse IS NOT going along with thier agenda so NO they dont want us listening to her.....
There is no agenda, grow up. Cancer patients can have extremely low white-cell counts which leaves them much more vulnerable to infection than even your average sickly person. I normally wouldn't agree with someone's personal life being dictated by their employer, but she is willfully engaging in behavior which will get her a deadly virus which can and probably would kill her patients.

Old 12-02-2020, 04:48 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,647,017 times
While I've had some great nurses care for me in my life; I've also had one or two give me shockingly bad advice. Some of them get a "god" complex with their nursing credentials. Weird. I remember many years ago when I had my thyroid removed, the nurse tending to me said I was "lucky" because now I could double up on my thyroid meds and keep my weight off and told me she wishes she could do that. I had another one tell me to keep feeding my son peanut butter after his first stint with anaphylaxis after eating peanuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies