Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 08:07 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,677,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I have said this before on a couple other threads but think it is worth repeating:

The same pieces of paper on which the Republicans did quite well in Senate and House elections were the ones on which Trump lost his election. So if you feel all those Republican wins were fraudulent also, I would give you credit for being reasonable. The most likely explanation, however, is that Republicans just didn't like Trump. They voted for their Republican candidates in the Senate and House but didn't vote for Trump as president.
Yeah, I don't think they understand that.

I voted for President on the same ballot as Senate, House and local offices. So did you. Likely did every other American.

Your logic is sound. Theirs is simply absent.

What speaks volumes is when House/Senate Republicans claiming that there was widespread fraud in a state like GA are asked if their OWN election was fraudulent... they say "no." That's all you need to know. They expect us to believe that somehow the votes for JUST President were problematic, but not House, Senate, Governor, etc etc. Even though they counted these votes multiple times, checked the hand count vs the machine tally and then checked the signatures.

What the past four years has shown is it that if you repeat a lie often enough, it can become truth to 74M people - enough that some subset of those people will attack the US government. And some of those 74M will still support that subset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 08:15 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,008,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Suckered? LOL, we weren't suckered at all, it WAS fraudulent voting!
So do you want all the other Republicans who were elected ON THOSE SAME BALLOTS to be thrown out of office too? You can't have it both ways.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:33 PM

20,736 posts, read 9,363,788 times
Quote:
Only in your fantasy delusions.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,642,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Mods have said in response to similar questions like yours that it isn't their job to discipline people for posting false information. That's the job of people replying in their threads.
Glad to hear that. I feel a little guilty sometimes about unloading on some of these folks, since they seem to be so out of touch with reality.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:44 PM

5,284 posts, read 3,150,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So do you want all the other Republicans who were elected ON THOSE SAME BALLOTS to be thrown out of office too? You can't have it both ways.
The funny thing is - those types probably would throw out all Republican votes to preserve their idol.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:35 PM

12,857 posts, read 7,066,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Yeah, I don't think they understand that.

I voted for President on the same ballot as Senate, House and local offices. So did you. Likely did every other American.

Your logic is sound. Theirs is simply absent.

What speaks volumes is when House/Senate Republicans claiming that there was widespread fraud in a state like GA are asked if their OWN election was fraudulent... they say "no." That's all you need to know. They expect us to believe that somehow the votes for JUST President were problematic, but not House, Senate, Governor, etc etc. Even though they counted these votes multiple times, checked the hand count vs the machine tally and then checked the signatures.

What the past four years has shown is it that if you repeat a lie often enough, it can become truth to 74M people - enough that some subset of those people will attack the US government. And some of those 74M will still support that subset.
Trump in 2016-2018 most republican's and lot of independent voters accepted him over the establishment myself being one of those voters. When the Ukraine incident happened I started to question my support for him he was getting more extreme. It seemed to me after the impeachment was over Trump became much more extreme with conspiracies like a lot of people thought it was just bad politics like the birther conspiracy. I didn't understand why Trump would risk so much if Biden was not a threat to getting reelected? The Ukraine incident highlighted Trump didn't think much of himself if he could not win the election over Joe Biden.

When covid hit Trump went down the rabbit hole I came to realize that Trump really believed in these conspiracies it wasn't a joke, or smearing a political rival. When he got up said to inject disinfectants I made up my mind I have to vote for a democrat get rid of an insane person. Fast forward to today confirms to me that Trump is really insane he truly believes the election was rigged. He has been able to convince 1000's of others that the election was rigged no matter what. You can have all the election commissions you want MAGA's are never going to accept the election results.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:05 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,677,165 times
All it took to swing some states to Biden were some independents and 1% of Republicans switching to Biden. So while the vast majority of Trump supporters remained Trump supporters, he lost some of those and that cost him dearly.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:32 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,520,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
The City-Data Politics/Controversies is the upscale version of Stormfront, for the more genteel (it's relative ) types who like to pretend they're different in substance from the the low-class poop-smearing rabble of the sort that went wilding through the Capitol.

They love to urge that mob on, while at the same time disdaining them and not wanting them in their neighborhood - not because of ideological differences but because they never deign to associate with the unwashed masses that they consider beneath them. But so long as that rabble does their bidding without asking anything in return but disingenuous platitudes, they're happy.
Sounds like Trump.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:20 AM

5,284 posts, read 3,150,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There is no way out for Biden otherwise, as the DOD has the goods on the dems. He knows it- just most democrat voters do not- yet.
Can someone ping the OP and have them come on to clarify his threads? I fear I'm blocked since some people don't like criticism.

I'd like to know when all of this is going down. Before he's inaugurated?

Old 01-13-2021, 07:29 AM

10,051 posts, read 6,340,546 times
Quote:
Sure, sure. Take it to the Supreme Court. Oh, that's right....... lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies