Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 06:57 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
That is why I never participated in any social media except City-Data. I suggest all Conservatives ditch the rest of them, & cable TV and any newspaper subscriptions theymight have.

These media companies cannot survive with only 1/2 of Americans seeing their ads. Cut them off.
Half of America is not conservative.

1/3 of eligible Americans didn't vote, it seems fair to put them down as apathetic or apolitical since we can't know their views.

That leaves Republicans and Democrats at about 1/3 each.

Trump has proven that not all who vote R are conservative.

You and your conservative friends do not control 50% of the buying power. Maybe 25% on a good day and that's a generous assessment.

We all like to think we are more important than we really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2020, 07:01 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A Radical is a man with both feet firmly planted--in the air. A Conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward. A Reactionary is a somnambulist walking backwards. A Liberal is a man who uses his legs and his hands at the behest--at the command--of his head.
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
"Liberal" doesn't mean the same as it did decades ago. Now, "liberal" denotes statism, censorship of ideas, and obedience.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:03 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
"Liberal" doesn't mean the same as it did decades ago. Now, "liberal" denotes statism, censorship of ideas, and obedience.
Plus extreme transfers of wealth and income in the name of climate change, reparations etc, Identity Politics, and Open Borders among other idiotic things

Old 12-01-2020, 07:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
haha.. I was recently given a 10 day suspension for asking why the Hunter Biden post had a sticky.

This site is no different than “liberal” sites like twitter.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:04 AM

5,984 posts, read 3,459,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post

You and your conservative friends do not control 50% of the buying power. Maybe 25% on a good day and that's a generous assessment.

Agreed, I'd wager that at least 75%+ of people understand that modern "conservatism" is nothing more than a farce.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
So, you would have us believe a sample size of one should be held to represent an entire political faction, eh?

Then I guess it would also hold that someone like David Duke represents the entire right, correct?
THIS!!!!!

Old 12-01-2020, 07:12 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
It amazes me why anyone would stay with twitter. Its over rated, dump the turkey.
Best news aggregation site.

Twitter is just a tool. It's how you use it that matters.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:12 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Why do I say this?

Well, over on twitter I told a young lefty that she had been scammed, because Covid 19 has a 99.7% survival rate if you get it and are < 70 years old.

Instead of disputing that fact or trying to learn something, I got blocked.

I rest my case.
So one "young lefty" blocked you, therefore all leftists don't like facts, numbers or free speech?

First off, I don't know what you categorize as a leftist; I tend to think of radicals when applying that term. I consider myself a liberal, not a leftist. And I love facts, numbers and free speech. I make my living analyzing facts and numbers, and I have often used facts and numbers on this forum to rebut "righties" like yourself.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:15 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
You're confusing liberalism with leftism.

Liberals are ok. We disagree on methods, but share the same goals.

Leftists have entirely different goals.

It's leftists who have subverted the major institutions in our country and have pretty effectively taken over the Democrat party. The true liberals are on our side in this.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:15 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
A Radical is a man with both feet firmly planted--in the air. A Conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward. A Reactionary is a somnambulist walking backwards. A Liberal is a man who uses his legs and his hands at the behest--at the command--of his head.
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Great quote. We seem to have a lot of reactionaries on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies