Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 09:27 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Rioters aren't rioting in favor of Biden becoming elected.
Of course they aren't. They are rioting because a certain percentage of any population consists of troublemakers and heathens who simply want to victimize others for no particular reason other than those troublemakers and heathens are just ****** people.

At one time, those sorts of individuals were either warehoused in prisons, mental institutions, or they were just not tolerated at all and executed. Since that is no longer the case, the public at large will simply have to tolerate them until their numbers become so large that armed confrontation is the only viable option for future peace. It goes back to the old saying that "freedom has a price." The price is that those who wish to remain free will often have to fight for that freedom. Nothing new. Just the next threat to freedom presenting itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2020, 09:29 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-p...dows-4-arrests

Guess they don’t care about you Joe..and why isn’t Joe denouncing this crap telling them to stop destroying businesses..to stop this craziness. Because BLM doesn’t care who is in office they will keep this crap up, til they get what they want. No police...watch the murder rate.
That's something many of us knew. BLM are "trained Marxists." They hate the culture of the USA, they hate our laws and our Constitutional form of government, they hate everything about the US, including the Democratic Party.

In fact, black people who belong to black Lives Matter, if they are honest with themselves and familiar with US history, despise the Democratic Party for all the hateful things they did to blacks over their history.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Of course they aren't. They are rioting because a certain percentage of any population consists of troublemakers and heathens who simply want to victimize others for no particular reason other than those troublemakers and heathens are just ****** people.

At one time, those sorts of individuals were either warehoused in prisons, mental institutions, or they were just not tolerated at all and executed. Since that is no longer the case, the public at large will simply have to tolerate them until their numbers become so large that armed confrontation is the only viable option for future peace. It goes back to the old saying that "freedom has a price." The price is that those who wish to remain free will often have to fight for that freedom. Nothing new. Just the next threat to freedom presenting itself.
I see what you're saying, but I also see the flipside.

MAYBE the "price" of unfettered first amendment rights is a little destruction of property along the way.

Another "threat to freedom" is taking away first amendment rights, because it's likely that during a large passionate protest, there will also be those who come to steal and burn, and not merely to make their voices heard.

And if you want to not have that happen, then you need to infringe on the freedom of assembly and free speech of the others.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:34 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I see what you're saying, but I also see the flipside.

MAYBE the "price" of unfettered first amendment rights is a little destruction of property along the way.

Another "threat to freedom" is taking away first amendment rights, because it's likely that during a large passionate protest, there will also be those who come to steal and burn, and not merely to make their voices heard.
Free speech and property destruction have nothing to do with each other. When someone destroys another's property, they are no longer exercising civil rights. They are criminals. The democrats have coddled these criminals all summer and attacked anyone who dared stand up to their criminal actions.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:36 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, it's probably those 4 invisible (to cameras) frat boys from Madison that did it.
You also didn’t read the article or ignored exactly what it says. Some people only see what bothers them the most.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:36 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, tell you what... if I were a resident of early 1920s Germany, watching what was transpiring in the streets of all the major German cities, would I be seeing much different than I'm seeing here in the US in the 2020s? Not really, other than the technology change and a different language being shouted in the streets. The SA and BLM/Antifa are simply two varieties of rattlesnakes with different patterns on their backs.
I actually have pre-war german currency in my collection, given to me by a US soldier since passed on. Ever held a 100,000 mark note? Why such large bills? Any idea?

When it takes you a fist full of benjamins to buy a loaf of bread here in the USA, then you'll better understand the life of a german resident in the 1920's of course you're probably missing a limb (or dead) from WW1 that just recently ended as well.

I'd highly recommend reading up (or perhaps a good podcast or three by someone like Dan Carlin) on that inter-war period of germany and I think that your imagination of how it was similar to today might change once you actually know what was going on there at the time.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:38 AM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, that poster is trying to spin violent rioting as lawful protest and that standing up to the mob as they burn and loot neighborhoods, burn down affordable housing buildings and beat people is some sort of tyrannical act.

If Biden decided to bomb the crap out of Canada, they'd likely call it an enhanced diplomatic mission.
Exactly. Scary that so many on the left, and probably a few on the right, think that way.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:38 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
You also didn’t read the article or ignored exactly what it says. Some people only see what bothers them the most.
A hit dog hollers. <walks away laughing>

Old 12-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Free speech and property destruction have nothing to do with each other. When someone destroys another's property, they are no longer exercising civil rights. They are criminals. The democrats have coddled these criminals all summer and attacked anyone who dared stand up to their criminal actions.
I know that.

What I'm saying is, when you allow unfettered free speech and free assembly, you're going to get some people who slip in and cause chaos.

Like if you leave your windows open to enjoy the ocean breeze, you'll get a few flies.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:40 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
BLM was never an organic movement. It was created, organized, and financed by political activists who hoped to use it to mobilize minority voters and to undermine the Trump administration. To the extent BLM or antifa still exists, it is either because special-interests perceive it to be useful to them, or the people they radicalized haven't been ignored long enough to become apathetic again.

With that said, BLM will never really go away as long it is politically-useful, primarily for "identity-politics" purposes.

Neither antifa nor George Soros care about BLM or black people for that matter. They are merely "allies" in a larger fight.
BLM actually started during the Obama years. I remember it from the Ferguson riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies