Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 11:31 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why doesn't "diversity" get applied to the NFL or NBA?

I have yet to find a good answer to this question.
Or Hooters?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2020, 11:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Or Hooters?!
don't give the nutbags anymore ideas....

Old 12-01-2020, 11:32 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It's dangerous to society and it's literally on the path communism which seeks to regulate equality of outcome
I said I agree its silly, but if you think its communism, then you obviously do not know what communism is. It also has nothing to do with equal outcomes, just silly politics pandering to the minorities.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I said I agree its silly, but if you think its communism, then you obviously do not know what communism is.
I said on the path to communism, and yes it absolutely is.

With communism unequal outcomes are viewed as the root of all evil, regardless of if someone has been sitting on their ass and another person has been working hard nights and weekends. Everybody is supposed to get the same, and in practice that just means bringing everyone else down

Old 12-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I said on the path to communism, and yes it absolutely is.

With communism unequal outcomes are viewed as the root of all evil, regardless of if someone has been sitting on their ass and another person has been working hard nights and weekends. Everybody is supposed to get the same, and in practice that just means bringing everyone else down
How on earth do you link her call to have minority groups on corporate boards to equal outcomes to all citizens?

You are not making any sense, which is why I suspect you have no idea what you are saying.

She is pandering to minorities for whatever reason. I don't know what her motivation is making such silly comments, but a person like her is probably the last to call for communism.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
How on earth do you link her call to have minority groups on corporate boards to equal outcomes to all citizens?

You are not making any sense, which is why I suspect you have no idea what you are saying.
I suspect, actually I know, that you are stubbornly ignoring the realities of the far left ideology.

Firstly, it's not just "minority groups" it's also specifically LGBTQ+ community members. What on Earth does it matter who you sleep with on how competent you are to manage a publicly traded company?

Secondly, what does someone's skin color have to do with competence? That's racist as you can get

The whole exercise is to redistribute outcomes, regardless of merit, which is COMMUNISM. There is just no way around that irrespective of her virtue signalling intentions.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
What on Earth does it matter who you sleep with on how competent you are to manage a publicly traded company?
It doesn't. That's why I call it silly.

Quote:
The whole exercise is to redistribute outcomes, regardless of merit, which is COMMUNISM.
Please explain the connection between these minorities in corporate boards and equal outcomes for all citizens. You insist there is a connection, but you can't even begin to explain it, because there is no connection.

NASDAQ, the company she runs, practically defines capitalism.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Please explain the connection between these minorities in corporate boards and equal outcomes for all citizens.
I just did, you are CHOOSING to ignore it.

So I'll repeat again, forcing employment positions based on superficial quotas is a communist principle of enforcing equality of outcome irrespective of qualifications.

In a functional society, everyone gets a fair shot to work their way up and earn the position.If it happens to be 10 straight white men, that's just the way it is no matter how much you want to put that square peg in the round hole

Old 12-01-2020, 12:19 PM

118 posts, read 77,647 times
Chair: This board meeting is called to order. First item, we need an LGBTQ+. We got any? Come on, don't be shy. Fess up.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:28 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2BeeHere99 View Post
Chair: This board meeting is called to order. First item, we need an LGBTQ+. We got any? Come on, don't be shy. Fess up.
This actually makes me think, is there going to be a test? Polygraph? If not, just have one person say "yea, I'm bi" and that's that. I can certainly see some straight guy or girl just saying that in order to move this along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies