Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2020, 08:55 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Ohh the possibilities! Quite wonderful I might add.

Maybe some do not ask what they are going to receive but better what Positive changes can be acquired for this great nation.

Been on this earth half a century. Have contributed to those positive moving stances to revive america. Thru Education Mentoring, to Health care. None of the Presidents during my life time have interceded on that contribution.

So I consider Biden, once elected will continue to be a positive role model for how to conduct the OATHED OFFICE of the Presidency.

The One exiting the arena will and has proven that an oath is just a gesture...not really something to adhere to. His only affect during his seated Presidency that I am aware of that has ebbed into my community is a HUGE level of IGNORANCE, INTOLERANCE and RIGHTS Be derned'. He empowered and supported this narrow minded and violent behavior.

After his 47 years in government - that will be a feat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Patriots support what is good for the country. Not themselves. Thanks for revealing your true self.

So, you know me? What a "hoot".

How about responding to the second sentence instead of deflecting and accusing.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:02 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Russia is a country that would be perfect for these folks.

A strong authoritarian charismatic ruler; an election system that is more or less a farce, and can be manipulated at will to provide the illusion of democracy; quick and easy ways to assassinate opponents that are getting too loud or disruptive. Icing on the cake? A strong system of political prisons, the suppression of intellectualism, and a government controlled "news" agency.

Everything they want here in the USA - and it is not that hard to emigrate there. They are losing population.
Check, check and check. Sounds like paradise for republicans/trumpers.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:30 AM

1,203 posts, read 617,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Biden will probably be what Bush #1 was- the last Democratic President of his generation. I think Trump was the last Republican of the baby boomers' generation who served as President. By 2024, I tend to think both parties will offer younger candidates to the voters.
Biden is not a baby boomer. He was born in 1942. He will be the only president of the Silent generation. I could see a late boomer president ala early 1960s but we need to stop having these extremely old candidates. The boomers need to hand off leadership roles to the next generation.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:18 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post
Biden is not a baby boomer. He was born in 1942. He will be the only president of the Silent generation. I could see a late boomer president ala early 1960s but we need to stop having these extremely old candidates. The boomers need to hand off leadership roles to the next generation.
Seems this is a problem with both parties. Once they get in, they do not leave until they stop breathing.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:43 AM

34 posts, read 42,497 times
Elections have results. You may not like Trump but he has brought prosperity to the USA. Just look at your investments , if you have any. He recognized that China is NOT our friend and should be considered a potential enemy. Russia?? They are a "has been' country. Not too be ignored entirely, but not as aggressive as they were. He slowed illegal immigration into the USA. Like it or not, they are Illegal. PERIOD!! Our tax dollars support them. Sure they want a better life than what they have. Do it legally. What is the problem with that? Every country in the world have laws to prevent people from flooding into their country. Walls work!
Europe has been abusing the USA for funds that they should be paying for their own protection of their own borders... He saw what was going on and made some adjustments. Good for him. Those European countries have been riding on our tax dollars for YEARS. Those are OUR tax dollars that they spend on them selves. Look at the recent peace Treaties between countries that have been killing each other for years, in the Middle East. Amazing!! Will they last ?? Time will tell. But it's never happened with former Presidents. Repub or Dems.
The list of accomplishments are truly unheard of from former administrations. You may not like the way he talks but he sure has strived to Make America Great again.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:45 AM

6,102 posts, read 2,723,766 times
Great cause I never saw Trump as mine

Old 12-12-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton1944 View Post
Elections have results. You may not like Trump but he has brought prosperity to the USA. Just look at your investments , if you have any. He recognized that China is NOT our friend and should be considered a potential enemy. Russia?? They are a "has been' country. Not too be ignored entirely, but not as aggressive as they were. He slowed illegal immigration into the USA. Like it or not, they are Illegal. PERIOD!! Our tax dollars support them. Sure they want a better life than what they have. Do it legally. What is the problem with that? Every country in the world have laws to prevent people from flooding into their country. Walls work!
Europe has been abusing the USA for funds that they should be paying for their own protection of their own borders... He saw what was going on and made some adjustments. Good for him. Those European countries have been riding on our tax dollars for YEARS. Those are OUR tax dollars that they spend on them selves. Look at the recent peace Treaties between countries that have been killing each other for years, in the Middle East. Amazing!! Will they last ?? Time will tell. But it's never happened with former Presidents. Repub or Dems.
The list of accomplishments are truly unheard of from former administrations. You may not like the way he talks but he sure has strived to Make America Great again.

The Biden lovers in here will defend the opposite once it happens to them.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:58 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
The Biden lovers in here will defend the opposite once it happens to them.
Well keep putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig .

Old 12-12-2020, 11:14 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
So, what is Biden going to do for you other that he's a democrat?

I'm worried what he's going to do to Americans.
Instead of asking someone else for their conclusions, why not begin paying attention to what Biden says and start drawing some conclusions of your own, based on his words?

There will always be a lot of stuff to worry over. These times overflow with it. You have a daily choice: either continue to worry over the unknowns, or try to become informed.

Your worry may not always decrease with information, but it's still better to fear what you know than what you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies