Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So Are you ever taking this COVID VACCINE ?
Yes, ASAP 145 50.88%
No, I'm against vaccines 19 6.67%
No, I already had COVID, I have the antibodies 6 2.11%
I might after a month of seeing thousands of other people take it 78 27.37%
No, I might take a vaccine only if a virus is deadlier like Ebola 37 12.98%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 04:51 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
300,000 deaths vs 330 million people?

You have a higher chance of living than dying of covid.

330 million people in the US have not had covid.

Additionally, covid is not a binary of either you recover completely or you die. Upwards of 10% of people who have covid are "long haulers" with ongoing medical needs for months if not indefinitely, including kidney failure, heart issues, lung issues, and chronic fatigue. We also know there is a higher risk for heart attacks and strokes, even among younger, healthier people.

You might be comfortable with a 1% chance of dying, but are you comfortable with a 10% chance of having life-altering long term health implications? And that percentage is just who we know about coming straight out of an initial diagnosis. We don't know what this is going to look like, especially in terms of vascular issues, in 5 or 10 years. We know that covid can cause heart damage even in mild cases for young people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 07:53 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You have been asked and you are in favor of mandatory vaccines.

You also have stated that it is the PERSON's fault they have adverse events. Not the vaccine

It's very clear what you believe. You have ZERO credibility.
Being in favor of mandatory school vaccines is not the same as wanting mandatory vaccines for everyone in the US. Unless you can find a post that says that, what you are claiming is false. Your attempts at snark and hyperbole do not support your case. I am not the one who lacks credibility here.

People cannot help having glitches in their physiology. For vaccines, such glitches can produce adverse effects. That does not mean the vaccine itself is defective or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coro...neca-vaccines/

"Six people died in Pfizer’s late-stage trial of the COVID-19 vaccine, the US Food and Drug Administration has revealed just hours after Britain became the first country in the world to roll out the vaccine."

Let's see, die from a vaccine that I would voluntarily take, or take a chance with a virus that has a high survival rate, and that many when they supposedly have it, don't even know it. Yeah, I don't want to be a part of the "acceptable" risk of death.

Choice is good, and by golly, there better be a choice!
Four of the people who died did not even get the vaccine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN28K2R6

"One of the vaccine recipients had a cardiac arrest 62 days after a second dose of the two-dose vaccination and died three days later. The other died from arteriosclerosis three days after a first dose of the vaccination. One of the placebo recipients died from myocardial infarction, another from haemorrhagic stroke and two others from unknown causes.

The FDA briefings clarify that the deaths were not deemed to be related to the vaccine: “None of these deaths were assessed by the investigator as related to study intervention”. They explain: 'All deaths represent events that occur in the general population of the age groups where they occurred, at a similar rate.'”

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Perhaps they are just following the current reporting protocol.
290,000 covid deaths. (145,000 died from covie, 145,000 died with a positive covid test)
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Just watch how you fold your proteins, lady!

You just never know what's put in vaccines for general use.

https://rense.com/general96/are-weap...9-vaccines.php
Rense? Really?

Old 12-10-2020, 07:58 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
300,000 deaths vs 330 million people?

You have a higher chance of living than dying of covid.
300,000 out of 330,000,000 is one in 1100 Americans, and the number is growing. You do not think that is a significant number? On a daily basis it is currently the #1 killer in the US, ahead of heart disease and cancer.

Old 12-11-2020, 12:33 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Nope.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:59 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Likely after the first round of people take it or if my job ends up requiring it. The latter is likely.
This, for me. I wouldn't be surprised if my job requires proof of getting the vaccine, at some future point. Where if that by some chance in the future my seasonal job (and hopefully we come back in 2021) requires it, I'll get the vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies