Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 07:54 AM

5,321 posts, read 3,206,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Many places already do, or have a "family" type of bathroom. What is your point ?
I was actually trying to figure out your point regarding the fluidity of gender. If there are many places with family types of bathroom, I'm now trying to understand your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 07:56 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,512 times
As a woman, if a guy was that upfront about having his daughter there, I would have no problem with it. If he just walked and assumed everyone was OK, it would be more of an issue. Family restrooms are the best though. At one point I had 3 young boys and family restrooms were so helpful.

Old 12-03-2020, 07:58 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I was actually trying to figure out your point regarding the fluidity of gender. If there are many places with family types of bathroom, I'm now trying to understand your point.
The gender fluid comment was sarcasm...

Old 12-03-2020, 11:30 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Or we can just be adults and have unisex bathrooms.
Based on this logic, then, we should not be having this discussion because the man should have no issue taking his daughter in the men’s room given that gender and restroom use is immaterial.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:41 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
I'll let out a really dank load and clear the bathroom out pretty fast

I'm not one to leave feces strewn all over the walls and floor like some people though I'm a clean person just maybe a bit stinky.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:42 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
This guy wrote an article on why he wont bring his daughter into the men's room:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/f..._viY9CULUwbdwo

I am 42 and can remember going into the bathroom with my own dad. I remember it being weird seeing urinals, but I never had a bad experience. I do recall seeing men standing up peeing but I couldnt see their private parts or anything. I now have a daughter and a son. I bring my son into the women's room with me when we need to, it's never been an issue. I also recall my DH taking our daughter into the men's room (to give me a break really) when she was a baby sometimes to change her, etc. Normally when we're all out together, I would take our daughter to the bathroom but I know there's been times I havent been there that my DH has taken her.

I couldn't imagine my DH walking into the woman's restroom with our daughter and I'd also be pretty surprised to see a man come into the women's room with a daughter. I wouldn't be upset, but I would be like um ok, odd and just do my thing and leave. I dont notice when a woman brings her young son in. I certainly wouldnt bring my son into the men's room.

Women's bathrooms can also be pretty gross. We don't always sit down on the seat completely so we spray as well. As far as the changing table goes it seems gross to me in general, we always had our own thing to lay down on top of it then we'd wash it.

I dont know...I am just not sure about men entering the women's room with a baby daughter. It seems like many bathrooms today are just private stalls where only one person can be in at a time. But if i were in a group women's restroom and a man walked in he'd have some explaining to do. I dont know if it's time to make bathrooms unisex or what? Maybe we'd all just get over this stigma...we're in there to go to the bathroom.
It is for this reason i m scared to send my kids to bathroom alone. If the kids are young enough why tf hecant take it to his room? Until my kid was old enough to say i ll use mine, idid that.

Old 12-03-2020, 02:20 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
No a woman should be able to keep her dignity and not poop in a room with men in it.
so THAT'S how you got your CD name!! She's off doing the Toxic Waltz in the restroom=she'll be back in a flush, I mean flash!! All kidding aside, are your psyches that fragile that the rest of the world finds out that you, OMG THE HORROR, defecate, like everyone else does!!

Old 12-03-2020, 02:36 PM

5,321 posts, read 3,206,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Based on this logic, then, we should not be having this discussion because the man should have no issue taking his daughter in the men’s room given that gender and restroom use is immaterial.
But the reality is we have bathrooms labeled "Men" and "Women"

Old 12-03-2020, 08:30 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,579,035 times
UCK, Daddy brings little Daughter into the men's-room while I am straddling
the horse-trough, WTH?!?!?!?!

Last edited by tickyul; 12-03-2020 at 09:10 PM..

Old 12-03-2020, 09:03 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Glad I don't care about being naked in front of anyone. If someone is in there and I need to go, I will just go. I could care less what is going on as long as I am safe. If I need to fart, I will let it rip. Actually, if some broad is going to be in there, I might try and grunt one out. I will also say AHHHHHH! in a loud manner as I would if I feel like it. Oh well. I am in a men's room. Maybe talk a little sports talk or talk about some woman I had a few nights ago, might be a topic. Hey, it is a men's room, so oh well.

I am not changing for anyone in a **** room for men. Sorry. They have to change, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies