Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 04:19 PM

16,305 posts, read 8,126,207 times

Advertisements

This guy wrote an article on why he wont bring his daughter into the men's room:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/f..._viY9CULUwbdwo

I am 42 and can remember going into the bathroom with my own dad. I remember it being weird seeing urinals, but I never had a bad experience. I do recall seeing men standing up peeing but I couldnt see their private parts or anything. I now have a daughter and a son. I bring my son into the women's room with me when we need to, it's never been an issue. I also recall my DH taking our daughter into the men's room (to give me a break really) when she was a baby sometimes to change her, etc. Normally when we're all out together, I would take our daughter to the bathroom but I know there's been times I havent been there that my DH has taken her.

I couldn't imagine my DH walking into the woman's restroom with our daughter and I'd also be pretty surprised to see a man come into the women's room with a daughter. I wouldn't be upset, but I would be like um ok, odd and just do my thing and leave. I dont notice when a woman brings her young son in. I certainly wouldnt bring my son into the men's room.

Women's bathrooms can also be pretty gross. We don't always sit down on the seat completely so we spray as well. As far as the changing table goes it seems gross to me in general, we always had our own thing to lay down on top of it then we'd wash it.

I dont know...I am just not sure about men entering the women's room with a baby daughter. It seems like many bathrooms today are just private stalls where only one person can be in at a time. But if i were in a group women's restroom and a man walked in he'd have some explaining to do. I dont know if it's time to make bathrooms unisex or what? Maybe we'd all just get over this stigma...we're in there to go to the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 05:56 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
No. Just no. I am so tired of this. I was in a restroom last year and some woman was in there with her three sons, including one who was old enough to have a beginning mustache. Some other woman said something to her and she was all in a tither about pervs in the mens’ room. Uhm, there are three of them and one should be old enough to be responsible for the other two. This is on top of the both make and female transgender folks. We do not need Dads squeamish about exposing their daughters to their mens’ nasty bathrooms added to the mix. Once this catches on it will be only a matter of a very short time before fathers of boys decide it’s a good idea.

It’s like we have a bathroom for your average male who doesn’t give a second thought at peeing behind a tree, let alone peeing at a big trough, and the other is for everyone else. It’s ridiculous.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:50 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Just make unisex bathrooms with full length doors on the stalls...

Old 12-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I've seen restaurants with a few private bathrooms. It seems that's the way to go.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:11 PM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
No a woman should be able to keep her dignity and not poop in a room with men in it.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:13 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
IMO all stores should have a family restroom in addition to a Women's and Men's restroom.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:33 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
No a woman should be able to keep her dignity and not poop in a room with men in it.
Hence full height doors... In some establishments its basically a fully enclosed tiny room with a toilet in it. The only difference from a fully private bathroom is that the sink is in a shared area. In NYC, I've seen some buildings with three to four private rooms with the sinks to wash your hands (do you makeup and whatever) in the hall that joins them.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:37 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
I love peeing on trees and shrubs. It is one of the pure joys of being a man.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:40 PM

1,969 posts, read 543,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
IMO all stores should have a family restroom in addition to a Women's and Men's restroom.
pretty soon we will have as many bathrooms as alphabet letters and identities

Old 12-02-2020, 07:40 PM

5,645 posts, read 6,206,522 times
When I was a senior in college I lived in a co-ed dorm. The bathrooms were co-ed as well. Our floor's bathroom had around 4 shower stalls, around 4 toilet cublicles and maybe six sinks - the sinks were all together. Honestly I thought it was perefectly fine. Nobody thought it was in the least weird.

Out "in the world" though - I agree with the previous posters - where possible a unisex single seater or family restroom is great wheere the business has the space for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies