Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 07:50 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump may be immune from federal charges but not state charges. Plus if Trump is innocent and his family/cronies why would they need pardons only criminals who committed crimes need pardons

When you accept a pardon it means you admin you committed crime/crimes.
I'm just glad this whole "who will he pardon????" is keeping some of you people entertained for the next 5 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 10:29 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,153,979 times
Boo Hoo!

Don't shed anymore tears on me.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:31 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,153,979 times
Well it's obvious the current president is only entertaining it for the next 5 weeks and not catering to the country's business especially the Trump virus at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'm just glad this whole "who will he pardon????" is keeping some of you people entertained for the next 5 weeks.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:36 AM

2,450 posts, read 971,476 times
Everyone is going to jail, and no one goes to jail.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:41 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
https://www.politicususa.com/2020/12...-new-york.html

The criminal fraud investigation into the Trump Organization has New Yorkers wondering if Ivanka Trump could go to jail.

There are currently two New York state fraud investigations into President Trump and his businesses, which have expanded to investigate consulting fees that may have been paid to his daughter, as reported by the New York Times. Ivanka Trump is not the focus of the investigations.

Any criminal indictment of the Trump Organization and its officials will be an indictment of Ivanka Trump, who will carry the damage and the stain of the criminal matter even if she is not the focus of the investigation.

If investigators do look at Ivanka Trump, the odds are good that they could find a ton of skeletons in those closets.

Given the seriousness of the criminal probe and future investigations that might follow, it is easy to see why the White House is discussing preemptive pardons. But who does that and what does that say about soon to be former president?

Ivanka Trump could end up a convicted felon or in jail.
Identify the "people"

"For more discussion about this story join our Rachel Maddow and MSNBC group" Nuff said!

Old 12-04-2020, 10:54 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
https://www.politicususa.com/2020/12...-new-york.html

The criminal fraud investigation into the Trump Organization has New Yorkers wondering if Ivanka Trump could go to jail.

There are currently two New York state fraud investigations into President Trump and his businesses, which have expanded to investigate consulting fees that may have been paid to his daughter, as reported by the New York Times. Ivanka Trump is not the focus of the investigations.

Any criminal indictment of the Trump Organization and its officials will be an indictment of Ivanka Trump, who will carry the damage and the stain of the criminal matter even if she is not the focus of the investigation.

If investigators do look at Ivanka Trump, the odds are good that they could find a ton of skeletons in those closets.

Given the seriousness of the criminal probe and future investigations that might follow, it is easy to see why the White House is discussing preemptive pardons. But who does that and what does that say about soon to be former president?

Ivanka Trump could end up a convicted felon or in jail.
I'm a NYer and I'm not concerned at all - it seems the TDS is in your mind only. Nothing to see here folks but another TDS sufferer trying to get their daily fix.

Old 12-04-2020, 11:12 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
As the prosecutor pointed out, the ballroom that Trump rented to his inauguration at 175K? The last day was a 1/2 day...and they still paid 175K for it. because the other half of the day was rented by another group beforehand......for 5K.

Yeah. But sure thats not overcharging.....The problem with the argument isn't that there's no email saying "lets soak them", its that actions speak louder then words, and 175K rental is a insane overcharge. I bet they've never rented it out for that much before.....ever.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:30 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,271,866 times
Good Lord there’s a lot of “if’s” in this OP!

Old 12-04-2020, 01:33 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,560,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Good Lord there’s a lot of “if’s” in this OP!
It's what the entire Trumpian universe is predicated on...

Old 12-04-2020, 01:41 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I guess if Hunter Biden can avoid jail time, Ivanka should have no problem.
Hunter has Washington on his side, so he has a free pass. The Trumps don't have that luxury, not to mention all mainstream media hates Trump since he bypassed them. I don't want to see Trump or his wife go to jail as that could hurt a lot of people's jobs. I also don't think he ever got a fair shake at all. I didn't vote for him, but am an American patriot that wants what is best for the US. I can't get over how poorly Trump was treated from before the election to present. It is nuts really. TDS is very real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies