Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 09:57 AM

1,969 posts, read 544,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Really?
If there is sticky food on them.
To taste food.
Salt.
If you cut your finger.
Turn a page.
Clean a smudge.
never, ever. its disgusting. i use to work at retirement home and they would all come to the bus book and lick every finger/page and i had do hold my gag back.

i cant watch or hear anyone spit. its foul.

i cant eat without washing my hands first. if i handle metal i can smell it.

i wash my hands 5x a day at least and putting my finger in my mouth is akin to licking the wall to me

probably why i dont get sick often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 10:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
never, ever. its disgusting. i use to work at retirement home and they would all come to the bus book and lick every finger/page and i had do hold my gag back.

i cant watch or hear anyone spit. its foul.

i cant eat without washing my hands first. if i handle metal i can smell it.

i wash my hands 5x a day at least and putting my finger in my mouth is akin to licking the wall to me

probably why i dont get sick often
Ok.

Old 12-03-2020, 10:40 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I am even more cynical about politicians than before - and that is really saying something.

And I am extremely negative on our political system - it's rotten to the core.
Yes, we KNEW there was Corruption - but never anything like this Organized Leftist Corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
After the election-I learned that I underestimated the stupidity and greed of the voting public.
Not just Stupidity and Greed, it’s evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
2020 has made me realize how deceitful democrats are. I never thought about it before. It has made me realize we have fraud in our elections and I don’t know if I will ever trust an election again.

I am sick of the woke and cancel culture. I will never understand how antifa and blm could destroy minority owned businesses to prove what they said was their point. Many black businesses still haven’t recovered.

How black on black crime isn’t important.to the blm, they don’t seem to be concerned at all. chicago breaks my heart..I don’t know what the answer is but something needs to be done.

I will never see our country the way I use too...Covid has changed people. In the beginning people were kind to each other went out of their way to help. What I see now is people short on patience, money and worry about their future.

And how our police became public enemy #1, if we were to get rid of all police what would become of our country..you know as well as I do the gangs would take over. Defund the police was the most insane thing I heard of this year.

I pray 2021 will be better....
2021 will not be better and 2022 will be worse. They think that disenfranchisement of 75-80 Million Citizens will work out fine ..... it won’t.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:24 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I know we have a few more months of isolation, and all of the holidays are gone. It's okay. There will be others.
Unless people rise up and raise hell, to take back their rights, there will NOT be other holidays. Masks, social distancing, and lockdowns will be here to stay. Forever! All while Democrat politicians continue to have their private mass gatherings.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:30 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Hmmmm,

International bio warfare
Stolen election
Mass hysteria
No more concerts or live sports
Altered work schedule

Other than those things, 2020 has been completely bonkers.
Don't forget the murder hornets...

Old 12-03-2020, 12:03 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
What a horrible, horrendous year... we have all been affected by this year’s life changing events. What has this year done to you? How has it changed you?

For me, and in no particular order:

1. I trust our government even less than I did before.

2. I used to think people were basically on the side of good...now I think most people are in it for what they can get for themselves. Basically, I trust people less.

3. I have a weird dichotomy of missing human interaction, but preferring less crowded public spaces.

4. I feel uncomfortably hyper aware while out in public...making sure I’m not in too close in contact with anyone. I don’t think that is psychologically healthy.

5. I have to consciously not think about germs or I will freak out.

6. I miss the normal everyday things I used to take for granted and even complain about, such as going to performances at my kids’ schools.

7. I am more convinced than ever that life is for living. I am grateful my husband and I travelled frequently when we were young and broke. I don’t know if those opportunities will ever come our way again.

8. I am more profoundly grateful than ever before for music, books, and good TV/film.

9. I have zero tolerance for “wokeness”. I think it is completely idiotic and find those who preach it are mostly hypocritical.

10. I fear for the future of our country.

11. I usually enjoy planning and concentrating on future goals. I am being forced to take a more “wait and see” approach to the future.

12. On my husband’s behalf: he can get along just fine without watching sports!
Other than the stuff about your husband, I could have written this. Also, to add:

1 I really miss going to the movies.

2. LA traffic has been amazing with the lockdowns.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:15 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
I'm learning to have more patience with people in these volatile times. It's starting to affect people mentally and it's showing.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-03-2020, 03:22 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I would agree with that. I would have thought rural people would be the first to try to protect their communities and each other from harm. They know each other, very often. But what we've seen, is that very crowded urbanites are quicker to try to protect people they don't even know and never will know, anonymously, than very rural people who know their neighbors and don't care to even put on a damn mask to protect them. They're not willing to endure that tiny little bit of irritation (and masks ARE irritating!) to protect people they likely know, or are connected to somehow.
I’m not sure these comments hold up under scrutiny.

—cities such as LA are now seeing a huge surge, while cases are holding steady or even declining in rural areas

—I disagree with your assumption / conclusion that rural people are selfish or uncaring. IMO, rural people are much more likely to be familiar with death and loss and hardship and likely to take this outbreak in stride.

—studies have shown that the outbreaks in rural areas were due to high population households

Old 12-03-2020, 03:24 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm learning to have more patience with people in these volatile times. It's starting to affect people mentally and it's showing.
Boy isn’t this the truth!

My husband’s boss has gone completely crazy. You can’t even use logic; everyone is so over the top emotional!

~~~~~

I’ve really enjoyed everyone’s comments. Glad to know I’m not alone! Some of you I couldn’t rep again, but I’ve tried to rep where I could.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:40 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
The 2020 pLandemic made me flip-flop politically. I went from moderate-left, where I used to poke fun at Trump, to far-right. I now consider Democrat politicians to be the lowest of the low, and wouldn't even put QAnon past them. (Although I think the latter is a stretch.) Because Democrats hate freedom and they hate America.

Covid served its purpose: Biden won. It's time to end the charade, fire the crisis actors, stop bribing hospitals to classify everything as Covid, and get back to the OLD normal.

I don't consider you a "far-right" but more of a libertarian like myself. The "far right" has too many religious/Christian ties and I've seen you post that you're an atheist. I'm an agnostic Hindu and refuse to convert to Christianity to appease the Christian party like Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley did. I'd like to see a STRONG Libertarian or moderate Republican run and win in 2024. We need freedom to live our lives as see fit as long as it doesn't cause harm on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies