Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 03:59 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,775,011 times

Advertisements

Well it sure isn't because you touch the same surface as an infected person. If that was the case we'd have millions of new cases a day.

What is so hard to believe it's about breathing in air that someone just coughed or sneezed in? Or the same air someone just breathed out?

I am an example of masks and distancing working. Haven't gotten it yet, went to a 29 person outdoor, appropriately spaced thanksgiving dinner mixed in with a little bit of luck (apparently no one had it at the party)...

Always wear my mask and sanitize hands after going into any store. Only touch face at home and I live alone..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 04:04 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Well it sure isn't because you touch the same surface as an infected person. If that was the case we'd have millions of new cases a day.

What is so hard to believe it's about breathing in air that someone just coughed or sneezed in? Or the same air someone just breathed out?

I am an example of masks and distancing working. Haven't gotten it yet, went to a 29 person outdoor, appropriately spaced thanksgiving dinner mixed in with a little bit of luck (apparently no one had it at the party)...

Always wear my mask and sanitize hands after going into any store. Only touch face at home and I live alone..

If that were the case it would seem healthcare workers would only need masks and not gloves. And if "it sure isn't because you touch the same surface as an infected person", why do you feel the need to sanitize your hands after going in to any store?

Old 12-03-2020, 04:07 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,775,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If that were the case it would seem healthcare workers would only need masks and not gloves. And if "it sure isn't because you touch the same surface as an infected person", why do you feel the need to sanitize your hands after going in to any store?
Honestly I don't actually feel that I have to, however I do it because Dr's say to do it. I know many people who don't clean their hands ever, and they seem to be doing just as good as I am. They do wear their masks in public and avoid social events inside as well.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:06 AM

1,598 posts, read 855,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It has to be a lot more than people being in close quarters, and not wearing mask.
All the thousands that have recently gotten the virus tells me it cant be just those two reasons for the upswing in cases.
So what is the REAL cause of the huge upswing in cases all over the country?
Could this virus be everywhere in the air we breath?
It almost seems like that could be a very real possibility.
I for sure do not believe it is just being passed on from person to person.
There are way to many infections just this week to even consider it is a person to person thing.
In Los Angeles county, just in the last three days, over 5000 people have come down with covid 19, and Santa Ana in orange county holds the record for new cases in the county.
Something is going on, and it is really beginning to scare me.

It's certainly infectious and being hyped to the heavens by the media has a lot of people scared. Look at the pictures of people lined up in cars at Dodgers stadium to get a test. I don't for one second think that all of those people are there because they have symptoms. Some of them will still test positive which adds to the number of "cases" for the media to bleat about.

I know someone who woke up feeling great two days before Thanksgiving, ran a 5k that morning, then got preemptively tested before traveling for the holiday and tested positive. Still isn't sick, but had to go into quarantine.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:54 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,182,182 times
People have grown tired of the shut downs, so they make mistakes or just decide not to take the precautions they once did

Old 12-03-2020, 05:57 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,603,684 times
So what is really causing this virus to spread?

Looks like it could be Amazon !!!

What do Amazon employees know no one seems to be listening to !!!

Supper spreader business model ? Must be some of that white privilege the owner has !!!
Or is it just wealthy elite white privilege ? The same privilege China Joe shares with the political elites !!! After being lectured by democrats for years on white privilege they couldn't do without it as proven by making China Joe the leader of their party !!!

Coronavirus: Amazon workers strike over virus protection
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52096273

Amazon's practices are under scrutiny, as the number of reported coronavirus cases at its facilities increases, while demand for its services booms due to lockdowns across the world.

Last edited by phma; 12-03-2020 at 06:13 AM..

Old 12-03-2020, 06:13 AM

24,459 posts, read 9,322,722 times
I have a few ideas:

(Insert picture of election celebrations)

Old 12-03-2020, 02:53 PM

3,996 posts, read 1,852,931 times
So what is the REAL cause of the huge upswing in cases all over the country?

OP - The cause is a contagious virus. The part where you can't believe it's just numbers is related to math and science.

Do some legwork here - help yourself: DO NOT LOOK THIS UP. Seriously - help me understand. DO NOT GOOGLE ANYTHING - OP - Just answer these questions honestly.

1. About how many people do you think are CONTAGIOUS right now?
2. About how many people do you think will be infected TOMORROW?
3. About what percent of people are following guidelines?
4. About how contagious - on a scale of 1 to 10 - do you think COVID is?

Please - don't cheat - just answer so I see where you're coming from. I'll respond again ASAP.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:07 PM

15,740 posts, read 6,451,442 times
How does influenza and the common cold get around? It's not magic.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:14 PM

6,469 posts, read 2,879,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I have a few ideas:

(Insert picture of election celebrations)
Election celebrations.
Motorcycle rallies
Political Events
Churches
Bars
College parties
protests
family gatherings

No shortage of people just doing whatever in spite of it all.

'Murica.

We will get through this. I hope the ones taking precautions outweigh the ones who don't. It's just being a slow slog through it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies