Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2020, 04:41 PM

37,184 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I am a little surprised with McConnell.
McConnell is looking out for McConnell. He knows he will have to work with Joe Biden in some capacity, and that Trump is old news. He's trying to make peace with the incoming administration while at the same time trying to mollify Trump's base.

It's way too little from him way too late, but better late than never. Once the runoffs are done in Georgia, Mitch might not have to worry so much about Joe anyway. If Warnock and Ossoff win, Mitch may end up Senate Minority Leader (if he's lucky) and be relegated to pretty much a spectator position in whatever happens.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:41 PM

13,252 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Said it hear many times, but never underestimate the power of propaganda. They have been inundated with this poison for decades, so it is no surprise that a con-man like Trump could easily manipulate them.
I agree always wondered how Hitler was able to get 1000's of Germans decent people to get involved in Genocide. Yeah there were small number of sadist who enjoyed what they were doing, but many more just claimed they were getting rid of the enemy of Germany. Same thing with North Korea, Vietnam, China, Cambodia, and Stalin they all used lies, and propaganda to brainwash their society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
When you see it up close like this it really is striking and tragic. Before the Internet and social media platforms the crazy was more contained. Crazy attracts crazy. I've never seen so many people unwilling or unable to accept facts that go against their beliefs and desires.

In this situation, over and over, we have Trump's lawyers going into court, standing in front of judges and admitting they do not have evidence of widespread fraud, and still the cultists scream about the courts not willing to listen to evidence.

This is why I support the repeal of 230 then someone is on the hook for what is spread using their social media platform. Media has always been controlled by editors and attorney's who had to do some vetting before they published. Some promote complete free speech on social media but without any controls fraud, and propaganda has gotten out of control. These platforms are making millions off people arguing about politics they should be on the hook for lawsuits.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:42 PM

2,140 posts, read 361,829 times
I assume they aren’t listening because they are well versed in the law.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:47 PM

1,500 posts, read 885,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
At seventy five years of age I can't think of any time in my life that voter fraud came up in the media, in any university study, in any every day conversation, yet, we now find ourselves in a quagmire of open hostility to the system that sustained American politics since the nation was founded. That this has happened before in world history doesn't seem to set in to the Trump loving mind, but that hostility has been the foundation for dictators the world over for centuries.

When we as a country fail to stand up for ourselves, when we allow a whining, devious, man-child leader, to lead us down the path, to that point wherein we lose faith in our most basic political institutions, then we have failed the democratic process. And, by extension, we failed the country. Donald Trump will be remembered in history as the man who asked us to give up our political system and allow him to continue to lead without the bother of an election, and worse, he wants us to believe that the "system" is rigged, when he is in fact, working overtime to rig it in his favor. The Trump circus is over, and the OP is simply deluded, depressed, and wanting more of that hate which Trump fostered among his faithful followers..
Excellent

Old 12-15-2020, 04:53 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
As reality slaps the MAGAts in the face with loss after loss and a failure to produce evidence time and again, over and over, they are getting more and more belligerent in the delusions. Their feckless political leaders are agreeing with them in public but paint a completely different picture in court, where lying actually has repercussions. Their courtroom demeanor could only be called sheepish as the apologize to judge after judge for coming to court with nothing but made up claims and crazy people's irrelevant testimony.

It's amazing to see a third of my fellow countrymen going down the rabbit hole, that only a complete and utter rejection of democracy and American value (and common sense) could allow, of believing the USA is a third world country with crooked elections. Shameful and seditious. But they have no shame, they'll continue to espouse their fantastical theories that even if taken at face value only result in a couple thousand votes here and there when Trump was thrown out of office by millions of votes. Millions. We told him he was FIRED and we're the boss here.

I have to admit to a certain pleasure in listening to crazy people rant away about nonsense. Who doesn't at least smile at running across another episode of Don Jr.'s long running series - Life at the Motel 6?

Nonetheless, all these wild rumors, and unsubstantiated claims have done damage. I never thought I'd live to see the day that a political party would try to overthrow an election. That's wild.

Thank heavens judges continue to hold the line.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:58 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it's not like a military coup is being called for to overthrow a legitimate democratic election....... oh wait, yea, that's exactly what is being called for here.
Except the military from Miley on around made it clear they weren't getting involved.

No, sirree, Bob.

It's an attempt to overthrow a legal election using Roy Cohn's theory of how you don't have to know the law if you know the judge.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:00 PM

612 posts, read 240,469 times
In 2008 the DNC leader was totally against mail in voting because she said it was a perfect way to cheat.

2008 CNN report says Wasserman Schultz worried about 'signature fraud' from mail-in ballots

Regardless of this election I feel we need to find a way to assure both sides of election integrity going forward.

In 2016 Democrats falsely accused Trump of winning because he was a Russian spy.

In 2020 Republicans are falsely accusing Biden of winning because of massive voter fraud.

It's clear we need an open transparent revamping of election processes.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:01 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclaire View Post
No desire to put you in a a box, call you names, cheat you...just want an honest election.
Except for some of you an honest election means your candidate wins. If there was fraud in this election they had time to prove it over 60 lawsuits in all types of courts including the Supreme Court and in none of them was enough proof was shown to be taken seriously and lost all.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:05 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
there was a claim that US forces had seized the servers in frankfurt. somehow this violation of a sovereign nation occurred without any notice from the german government or media ( it also ignores the fact that dominion didn't have offices in frankfurt ).
It's amazing, I actually feel bad for people who believe that stuff, used car dealers & insurance salesmen must love them

Old 12-15-2020, 05:22 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque v2 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/CodeMonke...50031445536769

Why would Dominion Voting Systems delete any relationship with Solar Winds right before the CEO testifies before the Michigan legislature?

welcome back. why the "v2"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies