Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2021, 04:29 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Give me an example of a story proven false.
Give us an example of one proven true. It's a much shorter list.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:42 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,058 times
Quote:
No, he didn't. They cheated. They stopped counting when they saw Trump was winning so they could quickly import and cheat more ballots. You guys really need to read a little.
They totally cheated! The proof is everywhere!

Except in court.

This is ripping the republican party in two. Over a two-bit real-estate/reality TV ******? It's unbelievable. All these in congress and the senate that are going to cause a stir on 1/6 are signing their own termination papers. Disenfranchising millions of voters doesn't play well with those millions of voters. The extra cowardly act is that they are disenfranchising voters from states they don't even represent. How on earth could a republican agree to that?

Edit: Is ****** a dirty word? Edit again: I guess so on CD. c o n m a n

Old 01-02-2021, 04:46 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziablo View Post
For sure! Look at this list of false stories posted by Gateway Pundit.

Go deeper: Digging into Trump’s latest "Spygate" tweet

Here's a list of false stories posted by Gateway Pundit.
  • Parkland survivor and activist David Hogg had been coached on anti-Trump rhetoric, which the site linked to his father, a former FBI agent.
  • The Washington Post paid Roy Moore's sexual misconduct accusers for their claims that derailed his Alabama Senate campaign.
  • It misidentified the Las Vegas shooter as a liberal Democrat with no connection to the incident.
  • It misidentified the driver of a car who killed Heather Heyer during the Charlottesville marches, prompting a defamation lawsuit.

Why are most people on this earth unable to determine if they are citing a credible source? I am absolutely puzzled by this!
As someone who no doubt trusts CNN, NYT and WaPO.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:57 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziablo View Post
I provided you with evidence of the false stories that the Gateway Pundit put out and the best you can do is come back with a straw man fallacy?
I could give you evidence of those sources' lies but frankly, I am too tired. And it's harder to find on the internet since Big Tech is in the tank for liberals and their media sources.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:05 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. All we know (both you and I) is what we are told by the media, ....
the media, state election boards and the electoral college to be exact.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:09 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
You should have NO objection to this, ....
i would object since this comes after the safe harbor deadline, the date set to challenge state election results.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:17 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
I know of 74 million (and it's really more) who disagree with you.
Judging by the number of people right here on C-D who voted for him but now say they are so disgusted by his post-election seditious behavior that they regret their vote, I'd say it's more like considerably less than that 74 million now. And dropping by the day.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:21 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Remember: the GOP representatives from Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, were elected on the same ballots, under the same rules, as Joe Biden, and so are equally subject to the fraud that some allege.

If these representatives take their oath of office tomorrow, they will be attesting to the legitimacy of their states' elections.

If these members then turn around and refuse to certify the President election, because they believe the rules in their states enabled fraud, or require some additional audit or investigation, they will be calling their own elections into question.

Source: Tom Malinowski on Twitter. Since I'm reading it on my phone, I decided to simply type it in here, since I couldn't copy and paste on my computer. Yet, I agree with his sentiments.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:32 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,064,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i would object since this comes after the safe harbor deadline, the date set to challenge state election results.
Even if it would have no effect on the results (presumably due to safe harbor), you wouldn't want the supposed fraud to be proven or disproven, and more importantly, its effect quantified? If not, why not?

Does anyone find it a bit silly that within a couple of weeks of "This election deemed being the most secure in history", the biggest hack on the U.S. Government in history was exposed? If the folks in charge were unaware of the hacking until well after it happened, why should their judgment on the election have any validity?

Old 01-02-2021, 05:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
No, he didn't. They cheated. They stopped counting when they saw Trump was winning so they could quickly import and cheat more ballots. You guys really need to read a little.
There wasn't cheating, people didn't like Trump and voted him out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies