Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 03:16 AM

7,342 posts, read 3,514,319 times

Advertisements

In NJ and NY and surrounding states we all are wearing face diapers everywhere yet cases continue to go up. Also,everyone is disinfecting the hell out of everything and cases still going up. Perhaps it's a virus and we can't see it because it is so small and all of our safety measures mean nothing unless we just stay home indefinitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 03:41 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Trump Covid policy: "Covid, covid, covid. You'll never hear it again after November 3rd."

Biden: "Let's wear masks until things get better"

There is a difference.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:09 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Trump has never had a cohesive, consistent message on COVID. Now there will be, and all some of you can do is belittle and insult because that is what Trump taught you to do.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:15 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I always wear my seat belt, but I am firmly against mandatory seat belt laws and mandatory helmet laws. How is it that it's a okay for a woman to have the right to choose to kill the baby inside her, but I don't have the right to choose to not to wear a seat belt. Does that make any sense at all? Either we control our bodies or we don't.

I haven't said it, because I don't know, but I have seen him get addled, get lost in a topic, slur words, lose words, become aggressive and speak gibberish sometimes. It would not surprise me if he gets diagnosed at some point. But until then, I won't lay the accusation.
Everything I've ever seen him say/do, even back many years ago, has to do with the speech issue he has. My mother has the same lifelong type of stutter issue. She's now 76 and does the same things, but mentally, she is sharp as a tack. The brain really does a number in those words trying to come out but it's a speech issue and not a dementia issue. I've had several elderly relatives with dementia and/or Alzheimer's and it's totally different. But whatever, people have been fed that line and they will parrot it for 4 years.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:33 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Guess what I'll be telling the fool China Joe !!!
does it rhyme with yuck foo?

Old 12-04-2020, 05:13 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Joe Biden tells CNN that he's going to be calling for the nation to wear masks for the first 100 days after he takes office.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...26020482293764

Except most places have mask orders already. Polls show list already wear masks. So what will he be doing different?

And will he be asked how long after the vaccines we are supposed to wear masks? Sure you can’t just say take them off right away but there has to be an end date. It can’t go on forever right?
Arizonan's governor's talking point for why he doesn't enact a statewide mask order is it is up to the local municipalities and counties. This was after finally handing reign on that back in June as we hit the height of first spike. He still won't enact a mask order but we are in the second verse leading to the same chorus.

As for how long we need to mask up, probably until each state hits 70% immunity and we see case trend downward. This will take time and by this time next year, we will not need to wear masks or keep six feet of distance from people.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:50 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump Covid policy: "Covid, covid, covid. You'll never hear it again after November 3rd."

Biden: "Let's wear masks until things get better"

There is a difference.
It’s great when you hear just what you want to hear. I can cherry pick statements myself.
Biden: I will shut down the virus, not the country.

Trump(while wearing a mask): “We are United in our effort to defeat the Invisible China Virus, and many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can't socially distance”

There are already masks mandates, as others have said. It doesn’t seem to have made any kind of measurable difference in slowing the spread of the virus. I understand that in a lab you can see some kind of potential effect in how the virus is spread, but this doesn’t seem to play out in the real world with every day usage.

Biden promised a plan that was going to stop the virus dead in its tracks. The left has been going nuts every time Trump says the virus will be stopped and then ecstatic when they see cases rising, giddy with joy that Trump hasn’t been able to stop the virus.

Well, now it’s your turn. Let’s see what Biden’s got, he promised something different. Mask mandates have already been in effect by state governments, the federal government can’t do a national mask mandate. The virus has run rampant in big cities and amongst minority populations, mainly Democrat voters. So what’s this big plan?

I think the plan is do exactly what Trump has been doing, then cry about how its not working because of something Trump did or Trump supporters are doing. Nobody is looking up to Joe Biden as a role model, not even Democrats. A year ago I saw many of them saying how awful Biden was and how he was more of the same, so Democrats should nominate someone else.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:32 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Joe Biden tells CNN that he's going to be calling for the nation to wear masks for the first 100 days after he takes off

At which point it will be April 29. 2021.

A great deal of people will have been vaccinated by then.

Most people are already wearing masks.

Whatever Joe.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Joe Biden tells CNN that he's going to be calling for the nation to wear masks for the first 100 days after he takes office.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...26020482293764

Except most places have mask orders already. Polls show list already wear masks. So what will he be doing different?

And will he be asked how long after the vaccines we are supposed to wear masks? Sure you can’t just say take them off right away but there has to be an end date. It can’t go on forever right?
Joe Biden, Greg Abbott, nor Steve Adler are my daddy, or my Master.
I'm a grown ass man. I can make my own choice for myself, from the unlimited choices American fought for.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:40 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
How many posts has the OP started on this topic? I've lost count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies