Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 11:28 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I know an actual "rocket scientist" who writes code for a living (a lot more jobs and $ in coding).

And I've seen code written by the people you're referring to - average intelligence people writing code.

Don't even pretend that the quality of the software doesn't suffer when you have monkeys banging out the code. Everyone's used well written software and buggy-as-crap software, and everyone knows it's the quality of the coders behind it which causes those bugs.
We see buggy as crap software because it somehow became acceptable for software companies to sell unfinished beta software, and use paying users as testers instead of doing actual QA. Dev Ops - lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 01:28 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Ha, ha, ha. I always laugh when I see some example of something that is suppose to be an average or norm. Life isn't binary. In other words if you can only think in binary ways, you can never grow into a man or woman. The yes and no part of life should start ending at 2 or 3 years old. Then you start realizing there is one heck of a lot of middle and possibilities that come into play. Just trying to help.
This post has literally nothing to do with my post.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:30 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How do you like this crapbag jerkoff Utah senator that passed the h1b1 bill that allows unlimited foreign workers.

Dam, they both suck.

Right leaning folks, Lol, they don't care about you.
Don't worry, this does not 'take jobs away' from your fellow Republican voters. This is for skilled jobs. You will still have Dollar General and truck driving.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:33 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Anything is better than a Democrat. Trump is better than Democrats and Republicans.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:41 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Anything is better than a Democrat. Trump is better than Democrats and Republicans.
A kick in the balls or a nasty shiner.

Take your pick.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:10 PM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
At this early juncture in the salary-reporting cycle for the Class of 2020, computer science majors have a projected average salary of $68,668. At $67,638, the projected starting salary for software applications graduates follows closely, while information sciences and systems majors are expected to earn $65,690.Mar 9, 2020

https://www.naceweb.org/job-market/c...%20%2465%2C690.

A bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science field can be expected to get you a salary in the range of $70,000-$80,000.

https://www.computersciencezone.org/...-degree-level/
I said entry-level. Of course average is higher.

But average salary usually means you're now at the earnings age where you have to support a family. Depending on where you're living $70,000 might not be great. My daughter is thinking of computer science as a major. It's better than a lot of degrees, but she's ridiculously smart, and I'd like to see her aim even higher and pick a branch of engineering.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:25 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Republicans claim they're against illegal immigration, but they've had decades to implement measures that would actually reduce illegal immigration effectively (not a $200 billion wall). Every time the GOP has control of the federal government and doesn't pass e-verify and a national ID system, they've failed you. I've been to sh*thole countries where it's still impossible to sneak in and get a job that's not cash-under-the-table, but we can't do it in the USA apparently.

I say this as mostly liberal who doesn't approve of illegal immigration, I'm not dumb enough to vote GOP over that issue because their actions show they don't care.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:26 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Trump is better than Democrats and Republicans.
Trump is a turd. His biggest points in 2016 were repealing Obamacare and building a wall, and he did neither.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:54 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Trump is a turd. His biggest points in 2016 were repealing Obamacare and building a wall, and he did neither.
If Trump didn't build the wall then we won't be hearing anything about China Joe trying to take it down will we ?

The open border clowns tried to stop Trump but the SCOTUS gave the OK to keep building !!!

What will happen to border wall construction under a Biden ...
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...cy/6271979002/

the Supreme Court announced that it would hear arguments in the legal challenge brought by the Southern Border Communities Coalition and the conservation group Sierra Club over the transfer of $2.5 billion in military funds for wall construction.

Lower courts had ruled that the Trump administration had unlawfully diverted the money, in defiance of Congress' authority to set the budget. The Supreme Court has allowed construction to continue while the case is litigated.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:56 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Republicans claim they're against illegal immigration, but they've had decades to implement measures that would actually reduce illegal immigration effectively (not a $200 billion wall). Every time the GOP has control of the federal government and doesn't pass e-verify and a national ID system, they've failed you. I've been to sh*thole countries where it's still impossible to sneak in and get a job that's not cash-under-the-table, but we can't do it in the USA apparently.

I say this as mostly liberal who doesn't approve of illegal immigration, I'm not dumb enough to vote GOP over that issue because their actions show they don't care.

And Democrats care?

Republicans are against illegal immigration. Its your liberal side that makes sanctuary cities and appoints judges in the courts to make deportations a long, costly and painful process that incites more illegal immigration. You have many in the Democrat party that wants amnesty and pay them health care and college. Talk about putting a big neon sign to the world to give the green light to the poor of the world to come and violate our laws and suck on our welfare and pay their education.

Republicans have issues over immigration that they ignored before Trump but Democrats take it to another level and crossed the line with identity politics and just offering a big carrot stick with welfare.

If you don't approve illegal immigration then you must have a big problem with the Democrat Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies