Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 01:02 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I was inclined to think so, but seeing as they spread it to others who have no say in the matter, I can't quite lean back and let Darwin do his thing.

Once everyone has the opportunity to get the vaccine there should not be anyone without a say so in the matter catching it. It least not many if its 95% effective. So the hospitals and morgues will be filled with anti-vaxxers. I am fine with that. These I assume are the same ones who refuse to wear masks and don't want to be told to stay away from large groups. People that have been making things worse with their behavior for months. Instead of a vaccine dose, it will be a dose of karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Not sure I'll be eager, but I will take it. It's a bit like wearing a mask: Not fun, but a small sacrifice if it can help restore a bit of normalcy.
I am not a candidate for the first few months I assume. So I will have plenty of time to observe how it is going. If something unexpected happens like long term side effects I can decide at that point.

One question. I remember back when this warp speed thing was planned there was talk of hundreds of millions of doses being pre produced so they could be distributed right away. Now its only 20 million doses or so. What happened to the huge stockpile that was suppose to exist?

Old 12-05-2020, 01:17 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,371 times
Quote:
I was inclined to think so, but seeing as they spread it to others who have no say in the matter, I can't quite lean back and let Darwin do his thing.
they wont spread it to others because "others" will be vaccinated.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:18 PM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Schools will require your young to get the vaccine because it "will keep everyone safe". They have to live long term with having a vaccine that has not been tested long term on anybody yet. The older folks who get it probably don't have much life left anyway so it doesn't matter to them if it causes cancer in 20 years. just another way to screw the next generation over.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:24 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Do you understand what a vaccine does and how it works? A vaccine injects the virus into your body in order to stimulate your immune system into developing and producing anti-bodies, T-Cells and B-Cells, which is what your body uses to attack the virus and provide immunity.

A vaccine tries to administer that to you in a controlled manner, but the truth is that there is no way these so-called "experts" can possibly know what the side-effects and unanticipated complications will be to people taking a vaccine, especially one that has been produced under the rushed conditions and panicked environment that this one has.

Your immune response is literally all you have to keep you "safe" in an encounter with the virus going forward.
Incorrect. The vaccine uses bits of genetic material to initiate an immune response. Live virus is not being injected into you.

As the previous poster accurately stated, much of the sickness and related issues from COVID is an overreaction of our immune system, so that should be avoided at all costs.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
they wont spread it to others because "others" will be vaccinated.

They will spread it to other like minded people. Which is fine.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Schools will require your young to get the vaccine because it "will keep everyone safe". They have to live long term with having a vaccine that has not been tested long term on anybody yet. The older folks who get it probably don't have much life left anyway so it doesn't matter to them if it causes cancer in 20 years. just another way to screw the next generation over.

You really do not understand how this particular vaccine works. But feel free to just say no to the vaccine.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:37 PM

7,118 posts, read 4,536,107 times
I am 66 with asthma so definitely getting the vaccine. Everyone can decide for themselves. My kids are all in their 40’s and healthy and all intend to get it. They all love to travel.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:37 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Incorrect. The vaccine uses bits of genetic material to initiate an immune response. Live virus is not being injected into you.

As the previous poster accurately stated, much of the sickness and related issues from COVID is an overreaction of our immune system, so that should be avoided at all costs.
So you yourself agree that it is up to our immunity system to protect us. That is the main point here. The vaccine does not do it. Our immunity system protects us, even if we take a vaccine.

The vast majority of people's immunity systems have been shown to perform brilliantly in response to this virus. Based on that, I cannot think of anything stupider that I could do with regards to this virus than to take something which would alter or diminish my immunity system's capacity to respond and protect me from this.

This looks like a remarkably foolish exercise to me. If you want to put your trust in these so called "experts" and this hastily produced vaccine, have at it. I am going to trust in God and my immunity system.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:41 PM

1,015 posts, read 786,892 times
Once the vaccine is researched more and i am seeing how it effects other people i will get it. I would love for life to return back to normal no masks, distancing etc. I am just worried about the short and long term effects of this vaccine. I am not anti vaxx i get flu shots every year.

I know people who follow all the protocols and they still caught covid and recovered really quick. I think if your going to get it your going to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies