Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 06:42 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times

Advertisements

define diversity.

to me, diverse means a diversity of views and ideas. biden, and the left, defines diverse as different skin colors or sexual orientations.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:43 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think its time to retire the silly nicknames now that Trump is leaving the white house. Its petty and immature. I don't like Biden but I was brought up to show civility and respect in life. Trump deserves the same.

Time to grow up?
I agree with the above. I generally avoid posting in threads thatuse childish nicknames (for any politician, not just Biden) in the hopes others will too and they will drop to the bottom quickly. It starts the conversation off on the wrong foot. You can even start out from a partisan perspective without using a childish nockname. Also, a thread is much more persuasive without using such nicknames. When someone uses nicknames like this, it basically negates anything substantive s/he may say because the reader has already been primed to view the thread as a childish snip.

Anyway I decided to make an exception to my usual guideline when I saw this reply so close to what I was thinking. I'm sure we aren;t the only two posters who feel this way.

Independent here so I don't limit this thought to any particular side.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:56 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times
Quote:

I think its time to retire the silly nicknames now that Trump is leaving the white house. Its petty and immature. I don't like Biden but I was brought up to show civility and respect in life. Trump deserves the same.

Time to grow up?

Regarding Biden. He can choose whoever he wants. If they need confirmation from congress then its up to them to decide. We have a representative republic not a democracy.

Really..after the following 4 years happened and we’re supposed to grow up....”blank you”

“We tolerated 44 (Obama) for 8 years and kept quiet.

Here is my issue with the whole, “let us all be a United States again” that we heard from Joe Biden.

For the last 4+ years, the Democrats have gone scorched earth. You have salted the fields and now you want to grow crops.

The problem is 72+ million of us have memories longer than a hamster.

We remember the women’s march (vagina hats and all) the day after inauguration.

We remember the 4 years of attacks and impeachments

We remember “not our president” and the “Resistance…”

We remember Maxie Walters telling followers to harass us in restaurants.

We remember the Presidents spokesperson being kicked out a restaurant.

We remember hundreds of Trump supporters physically attacked.

We remember Trump supporters getting Doxed, and fired from jobs.

We remember riots, and looting

We remember “a comedian” holding up the President’s severed head

We remember a play in Central park paid with public funding, showing the killing of President Trump

We remember Robert de Niro yelling “F" Trump” at the Tony’s and getting a standing ovation.

We remember Nancy Pelosi tearing up the State of the Union Address.

We remember the total in the tank move on the mainstream media

We remember the non-stop and live fact checking on our President and his supporters.

We remember non-stop in your face lies and open cover-ups from the media.

We remember the President and his staff being spied on.

We remember five Senators shot on a ballfield.

We remember every so-called comedy show turn into nothing but Trump hate fest.

We remember 95% negative coverage in the news.

We remember the state governors asking and getting everything they ask for and then blaming Trump for their problems.

We remember a Trump top aid verbally assaulted in two DC restaurants.

We remember people banging on the Supreme Court doors.

We remember that we were called every name in the book for supporting President Trump.

We remember that Hollywood said they would leave after Trump was elected but they stayed.

This list is endless, but you get the idea.”

Old 12-06-2020, 06:59 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Biden is free to select whoever he wants.

McConnell gets to decide. Pretty simple.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:15 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times
Quote:

Biden is free to select whoever he wants.
You’re right Mr MaGoo has right to select whoever he wants. Though I believe it won’t be the best people for the position.

Old 12-06-2020, 05:01 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I agree with the above. I generally avoid posting in threads thatuse childish nicknames (for any politician, not just Biden) in the hopes others will too and they will drop to the bottom quickly. It starts the conversation off on the wrong foot. You can even start out from a partisan perspective without using a childish nockname. Also, a thread is much more persuasive without using such nicknames. When someone uses nicknames like this, it basically negates anything substantive s/he may say because the reader has already been primed to view the thread as a childish snip.

Anyway I decided to make an exception to my usual guideline when I saw this reply so close to what I was thinking. I'm sure we aren;t the only two posters who feel this way.

Independent here so I don't limit this thought to any particular side.

I think most people would. The unhinged fringe love belittling people who are more successful, well known and important than they are.

Old 12-06-2020, 05:07 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Really..after the following 4 years happened and we’re supposed to grow up....”blank you”

“We tolerated 44 (Obama) for 8 years and kept quiet.
Yes its time to grow up. Elementary school kids give each other demeaning nicknames. Not mature adults. Maybe you are actually 9 years old in which case you get a pass. But my guess is that is not the case.

And no republicans did not keep quiet for 8 years of Obama. Even back then there were several nicknames like Obummer. There was the birther stuff. The muslim stuff. The gay rumors, etc. Trump ramped it way up.

Because you are not name calling does not mean you cannot discuss policy disagreements. You seem to think if you just call Biden, Biden somehow that means you agree with him. That is not true at all.

Old 12-06-2020, 05:10 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
So far I trust Biden's picks more than Trump's. I don't see a single family member handed an appointment. That lack of nepotism alone is a refreshing change.

Old 12-06-2020, 05:22 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why are so convinced that an asian or hispanic or black doctor can't also be one of he best surgeons available?
OP never stated any such thing. Go back and read the post!

Quote:
I never stated that! I believe MaGoo is picking cabinets members on their diversity not their qualifications!
Yeah, they have a "knee jerk" mentality. Well, with the pick of Kamala Harris (who is not black, and definitely not African American as they try to play up) I think it was obvious where the choices would go from there. Harris could get nowhere on her own in the primaries, so saying she is qualified to be VP with the chance of stepping into the presidency when Biden's last brain cell dies (fairly soon), speaks of how choices are being determined.

At this point, Biden is only playing "president", so I don't pay that much attention to anything other than how his play acting may end.

Old 12-06-2020, 05:28 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
If so, then let me ask you this. Let’s say you needed to have major surgery done. Would you want the best surgeons possible or instead a diverse group of surgeons?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...rse-cabinet-in
Why can't they be one and the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies