Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2020, 01:01 PM
 
21,380 posts, read 8,001,426 times
Reputation: 18160

Advertisements

Of course they are.

You are fooling yourself if you think they aren't.

Just 2 weeks ... just flatten the curve ... just wear a mask ... just get the vaccine .... just carry you vaccine ID card ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2020, 01:02 PM
 
21,380 posts, read 8,001,426 times
Reputation: 18160
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
No - because, like the flu, the goal is not to eliminate it entirely (as that would be impossible with the flu) - but to reduce its spread to some level waaaaay below that which threatens to damage the health care system.


That's it.


Some of you have really run amuck with your conspiracies - you think "everyone" is "in on it." Governors and mayors and leaders everywhere - the world around - want MONEY - not shutdowns - the two are mutually exclusive. When it's feasible to "open up" - full-throttle - they will.
the illness has a 98-99% recovery rate.

Why is anything shut down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 02:19 PM
 
4,038 posts, read 1,906,898 times
Reputation: 8701
Why is anything shut down?

because if it had a 100% recovery rate - the road to recovery involves hospitals and doctors, and they are in short supply.


That's it. Really. That is THE reason for the policies. That is not my opinion - that's the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 02:22 PM
 
47,055 posts, read 26,160,135 times
Reputation: 29543
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
A vaccine? Just like how there are still deaths from the flu despite a vaccine? What do you think?
Sure.They're just doing it because they can, out of nothing but spite, malice and a desire to show you who's boss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 02:25 PM
 
47,055 posts, read 26,160,135 times
Reputation: 29543
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
the illness has a 98-99% recovery rate.

Why is anything shut down?
Around here, because ICUs are down to 15% capacity. And having access to an ICU when needed is considered a bit of an essential feature of modern civilized countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 02:30 PM
 
47,055 posts, read 26,160,135 times
Reputation: 29543
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And the. How do public places know who had the vaccine or not?
For the general population, the goal is herd immunity. Once you reach a certain percentage of the population that won't be infected, new outbreaks fizzle. The problem is that we don't know what percentage that is.

For controlled environments like airplanes and workplaces, it's not difficult to ask for documentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Kansas
26,104 posts, read 22,297,853 times
Reputation: 26905
If it is any governors, it will be the Democratic ones. Ours is a plague, old UnConstitutional Kelly. They are milking the numbers, herself and the Administrator of KDHE (Kansas Dept of Health & Environment), to get federal funding. I suspect other Democratic governors are doing likewise.

They lied about masks: https://sentinelksmo.org/covid-cases...mask-mandates/

And, now it has been discovered that they are using a very high threshold on testing, far above what even Fauci suggested, and most likely producing a wealth of false positives:

https://sentinelksmo.org/kdhe-shows-...hegfWdDI6mf7f0

Despite it being clear the State of Kansas is using overly-sensitive COVID tests that, according to officials, will return positive results for non-contagious dead genetic material, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment is apparently unwilling to request cycle threshold data from labs to eliminate ‘false positives’ from the case count. Fauci even states that the "cycle threshold" should be 34 or below, and the state allows up to 42.

Kansas must rid themselves of a Democratic governor! And, many of our Republican elected officials are almost as bad, at least the ones from my county. I continue to think that when federal funding dries up, many of the COVID 19 cases will disappear. I wonder how many people diagnosed with COVID 19 actually have the flu or a reaction from the flu shot. Well, at least now, people aren't dying from other diseases as those numbers have all dropped, maybe COVID 19 is the cure for cancer, dementia, heart disease, etc., because it has scared away those deaths.



With the way they are testing, they can keep reporting false positives as positives probably indefinitely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 03:27 PM
 
Location: mancos
7,789 posts, read 8,054,113 times
Reputation: 6707
These Governors need to put their foot down NOW! Make your subjects wear helmets and knee pads.The real problem is they do not know they have been conquered and are no longer free.Time to remind them they are only subjects and must obey all mandates imposed by their rulers.Be fast and swift or they might figure it out .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 04:12 PM
 
21,380 posts, read 8,001,426 times
Reputation: 18160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Around here, because ICUs are down to 15% capacity. And having access to an ICU when needed is considered a bit of an essential feature of modern civilized countries.

Your point makes no sense.

Open up the country. Make sure hospitals are fully staffed.

it's an issue because hospitals are not fully staffed. Not because they don't have the room.

Stop being so terrified. 98-99% of people are FINE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2020, 04:34 PM
 
47,055 posts, read 26,160,135 times
Reputation: 29543
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Your point makes no sense.

Open up the country. Make sure hospitals are fully staffed.

it's an issue because hospitals are not fully staffed. Not because they don't have the room.
Yeah, see, here's the issue: ICU staff are what we call "highly trained specialists". You can't just grab some random orthopedic surgeon and tell him to go take care of things in the ICU. Well, you can, but it kills people.

But more to the point: When ICUs are loaded, it's because more people are sick. And when more people are sick, more people die. See how that works? Now if you're fine with killing off the elderly a bit early to preserve your stock portfolio, well - that's certainly a point of view.

Quote:
Stop being so terrified. 98-99% of people are FINE.
100 M&Ms in a bowl, two of them spent time up somebody's nose. Do you take an M&M?

Incidentally, erectile dysfunction is turning out to be a common side effect in COVID survivors. Again, everyone has their priorities, but I'm thinking that fact might induce a few of the physically perfect male specimens who post here to perhaps rethink their stance just a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top