Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 01:42 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My adult son is allergic to peanuts, shellfish, and tree nuts and it's been lifelong. He carries an Epipen. It's never been true that we've had to be cautioned or concerned about regular vaccines as some have stated here. If you have an egg allergy, you might need to be concerned about vaccines grown in eggs, but that's about it. Nut allergic folks don't have any special concerns with vaccines. So this news is a bit of a downer for us.

I was watching the news reports this morning and they stated that, purposefully, no one with severe allergies was enrolled in the clinical trials. So they really don't know the extent of how this will go. They are examining the ingredients now to determine what might be the culprit.

Told my son that until more is known, he should not get the Pfizer or Moderna type vaccine and go with one of the others.
Well, who knows which reporting is correct, but the article posted here said that only if people had severe allergies to any of the ingredients in the vaccine were they left out of the study.

Big difference whichever it turns out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 03:00 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Get over it.

You are supposed to mount an immune response to a vaccine- that is the way they work.

The benefit of vaccines far outweigh the side effects.
Unless you're dead or paralyzed like what happened in the 70's with the flu vaccine.

Or you could just get Covid and have a 99.9% chance of surviving.

Old 12-09-2020, 03:02 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Get over it.

You are supposed to mount an immune response to a vaccine- that is the way they work.

The benefit of vaccines far outweigh the side effects.
Actually they don't. Most people get side effects from the vaccine per the clinical trials.

Very few people who get infected actually get COVID.

Old 12-09-2020, 03:26 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Well, for those stating "how was this a big surprise", well, obviously it was because there was zero warning regarding this reaction.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:11 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,876,931 times
Very few people who get infected actually get COVID.

How few? What's your number? Where's your link? Got any data?

Old 12-09-2020, 04:15 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, for those stating "how was this a big surprise", well, obviously it was because there was zero warning regarding this reaction.
We dont really know this.

All we know so far, is that per usual the main stream media reporting is extremely sloppy.

It will be a week or so before they sort out their reporting much less get any real info from the players involved and Pfizer.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:20 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
We dont really know this.

All we know so far, is that per usual the main stream media reporting is extremely sloppy.

It will be a week or so before they sort out their reporting much less get any real info from the players involved and Pfizer.
Show me out of all the info that has been provided, that this was part of it. I have read extensively Pfizer's own published info on this, and not one time have they mentioned this.

So as far as I am concerned, until someone shows more info, this was a surprise to Pfizer.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:22 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Every single vaccine I've ever gotten, the doctor or nurse who gave me the vaccine asked me if I'd ever had an allergic reaction to a vaccine. Why should this be any different?

Some people have allergic reactions to vaccines. That doesn't make it dangerous.
I think this might be a shade different. There are people who are allergic to the ingredients used to make and preserve vaccines. Generally, they'll have reactions to all those similarly manufactured vaccines. The healthcare workers in the UK who had the allergic reactions did not previously react to vaccines. They have other allergies, though, to other (unidentified in the press) things that require them to carry Epipens. This could be for bee stings, peanut butter, shellfish, etc. They reacted to this vaccine so something in the vaccine may trigger the same type of reaction in people that are allergic to other things.

Someone I know involved with this says they are looking at the "lipid sphere" in the Pfizer vaccine. It is the only unique ingredient in the vaccine. Other ingredients seem to be standard, inert things. The lipid sphere is the new thing and, I suppose, there could be some cross-reactivity to it for certain other allergens. For instance, those allergic to latex may be allergic to bananas also.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
The roll out to the public is always part of the trial testing of any new drug. Lessons will be learned.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:28 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
2 people out of 42,000? sucks to be them.....keep that vaccine coming..
The 2 that suffered an allergic reaction or the 2 that died after receiving the vaccine during the trials.

6 people died during Pfizer vaccine trials

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coro...neca-vaccines/

A total of 6 people died during the Pfizer vaccine trials. 2 recieved the vaccine and the others a placebo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies