Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 08:01 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People with one allergy may have more. The issue is not so much the cause of the allergy as it is the severity.

If you have been advised to carry an EpiPen because you had a reaction that caused swelling of the face and throat it is probably best not to take the vaccine right now.

Probably? They advise not to at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 09:20 AM

8,229 posts, read 3,490,786 times
I have allergies to bee stings, mold, peanuts, coconut, mushrooms, elastic, latex, many different medications, and have trouble using most soaps and lotions. There's probably other things I am allergic to but don't know about or have forgot about at this time. I even break out from some stuff for babies.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:24 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have allergies to bee stings, mold, peanuts, coconut, mushrooms, elastic, latex, many different medications, and have trouble using most soaps and lotions. There's probably other things I am allergic to but don't know about or have forgot about at this time. I even break out from some stuff for babies.
You should consult your physician, but personally I would wait for another vaccine.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
You should consult your physician, but personally I would wait for another vaccine.
I have a suppressed immune system. They don't let me get vaccines anymore anyway.

The more info that comes out about this, the more I know I don't want it.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:55 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
While none of the specific questions about the patients has been provided in the news, I think it's safe to say they reacted to something in the injection. "They" aren't going to go out with an allergy warning if someone got a severe rash/breathing difficulties, or what they are calling "anaphylactoid" reaction if it was due to someone's perfume or an adhesive.

If you watched the reports of people in the UK getting the vaccine, once given, they were directed to go sit in a chair close to where the vaccine was given to observe for reactions. Generally they have you do that for 15 or 20 minutes. This is when those reactions likely occurred. Believe me, Boris Johnson in the UK didn't want anything to go wrong with this so if the information comes out that this is an allergic reaction to the vaccine then I think we can be quite sure they vetted it pretty well before they made such a public announcement.

But, you're correct, the public is not going to get the "facts."
You are probably right, just frustrated with the hair on fire alarmist reporting which contained relatively few facts.

Now Reuters is saying they have specified anaphylactoid reaction rather than just saying severe reaction.

Also, saying it may be the polyethylene glycol solution that caused the allergic reaction which would be a huge difference from food or medicine allergies.

As well as some American doctors saying it was overly broad guidance and overreaction by the Brits.

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN28J1D1

Old 12-10-2020, 03:43 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...cs-latest-news

Australia scrapped its vaccine.

Old 12-10-2020, 05:22 PM

43,091 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
LOL..go in healthy and come out testing positive for HIV (falsely though).

Old 12-10-2020, 05:35 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Did that guy (Lester Holt) add that new recommendation himself ? He's a journalist, not any type of medical doctor.

Because that's not what Pfizer nor the UK recommend.
Must have..not sure.

Old 12-10-2020, 05:41 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Probably? They advise not to at all.
And not all vaccinologists agree.

There are relatively few ingredients in the vaccine. If the culprit is PEG, as suspected, then an allergy test for it (and any or all of the other ingredients) could be done. Someone with other allergies who tested negative to the vaccine components could safely take it.

If the two who had anaphylactoid reactions to the vaccine are indeed allergic to PEG they need to know about it, because it is in a lot of products, including other drugs (for example Miralax. as a prep for colonoscopy, and many injectables), foods, and skin care.

Old 12-10-2020, 05:43 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
And not all vaccinologists agree.

There are relatively few ingredients in the vaccine. If the culprit is PEG, as suspected, then an allergy test for it (and any or all of the other ingredients) could be done. Someone with other allergies who tested negative to the vaccine components could safely take it.

If the two who had anaphylactoid reactions to the vaccine are indeed allergic to PEG they need to know about it, because it is in a lot of products, including other drugs (for example Miralax. as a prep for colonoscopy, and many injectables), foods, and skin care.

You never seem to miss out on any opportunity to promote vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies