Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 08:13 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It does seem that if the authorities cannot confirm that the adults are the parents of the children, they do place the children in....foster homes until they can verify.

Not exactly the blanket policy of separating parents and kids and not tracking them at all......but if you feel better about it -- that's all that matters right?
oh really?

So you can answer the questions from my last post?

Let's start with - how many illegally crossed the border, but had valid identification to prove they were parent/child?

Old 12-10-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with everything you have said except for your comment that the ancestors of the Amerindians were not immigrants. Yes, they were. They migrated here just as the Europeans did. No one was native to this country/continent hundreds of years ago.
dude, the point is, everyone who colonized and formed this country were immigrants/the descendants of.

Every single human on the face of the planet is an immigrant in some way, having started somewhere in Africa or the Garden of Eden, whichever you choose. Yes?

Old 12-10-2020, 08:29 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Every single human on the face of the planet is an immigrant in some way, having started somewhere in Africa or the Garden of Eden, whichever you choose. Yes?
No. I disagree. An immigrant is specifically defined by the Oxford dictionary as:

“a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.”

A person born in a country is not an immigrant of that country. We are not all “immigrants in some way”.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:30 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
dude, the point is, everyone who colonized and formed this country were immigrants/the descendants of.

Correction:

Every single person is either an immigrant or descended from an immigrant.

I am not an immigrant. I was born in the US and have lived my entire life in the US. I am not an immigrant.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:11 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
They certainly were. They thought the Trump administration would let them in like the Obama administration.

Tell me, how did that work out for them? How many kept coming after the first few got the door slammed in their faces by the Trump admin?

But now that it looks like Harris/Biden will be in charge, they're starting up again. Who can blame them? "Hey, everybody, free stuff!"
Nope, you're incorrect. They came here because they were desperate. The motivation was greater than the perceived threat from Trump. Did the millions of illegal immigrants in the country get deported under Trump? Not really; they're still here. Just how scared should they have been then? Trump shouts a lot, but he was pretty ineffective in dealing with the problem. In the final tally, Obama deported more people that Trump. Obama's quiet approach was more effective.

Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers -- Jun 21, 2019

I'm unimpressed with your argument.

Last edited by rjshae; 12-10-2020 at 09:24 AM..

Old 12-10-2020, 09:53 AM

If people want open borders where anyone from anywhere can come here and live/work then we have to end our social welfare programs. Third world mass immigration here will turn us into "The Camp of the Saints".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints

Old 12-10-2020, 09:54 AM

how many angels can fit on these pinheads?

Old 12-10-2020, 09:57 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
The left: America is terrible, we pollute so much!

The left:. Let's import as many people (and as much pollution) as we possibly can.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:03 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
And I will be there welcoming them with open arms. Immigration is what made America great. Everyone who lives here is defended from an immigrant. they make our nation stronger they do the jobs that no one else wants to do they're vital to our economy. The reason why and the only reason why people will have problem with migrant caravans is because they're rooted in racism and white supremacy.
Ya, no one wanted a 30 dollar an hour construction job. Now anything labor related has been taken by illegals.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, no one wanted a 30 dollar an hour construction job. Now anything labor related has been taken by illegals.
That poster is doing nothing more than parroting the phrases being said over and over.
The only construction jobs left that Americans can hope to do is electrician and plumber because they are licensed through the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies