Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 10:11 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Nope, you're incorrect. They came here because they were desperate. The motivation was greater than the perceived threat from Trump. Did the millions of illegal immigrants in the country get deported under Trump? Not really; they're still here. Just how scared should they have been then? Trump shouts a lot, but he was pretty ineffective in dealing with the problem. In the final tally, Obama deported more people that Trump. Obama's quiet approach was more effective.

Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers -- Jun 21, 2019

I'm unimpressed with your argument.
it helps to read (and see the charts) what you link, and if you're really interested, links from folks sympathetic to your cause (tinytrump's). and this one for you too.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/13/polit...ion/index.html

Old 12-10-2020, 10:13 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Hard working Americans need to open up their pocketbooks to pay for these illegals wanting to come here for a free ride. It's up to us to pay for these illegals. After all Biden warned up that taxes would be going up. Y'all voted for this so be careful what you wish for.

They will end up with more and better benefits that the legal people here get. Who cares if some legals can't pay for their own health insurance, education, housing, illegals come first. Geez

The more crime that comes in the better according to dems. They like crime. Why? I haven't figured that out yet.

It's so sad the direction this country will be going in.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:15 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
The left: America is terrible, we pollute so much!

The left:. Let's import as many people (and as much pollution) as we possibly can.
Any lefties care to address this?

Old 12-10-2020, 12:29 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Are you in favor of open borders? My ancestors were immigrants and came here legally. Did yours? If they did, why do you expect less from others. If they didn’t, your biased.
I think we live in a global society. We need to accept that, and not try to be isolationist. We are a very wealthy society, and we could do more to help people in need. I think saying "I got mine, so screw everyone else" is not the right way to think. People should have to come to the US legally, but it should not be overly difficult to legally become a citizen. I am not afraid of the tax implications that come from this viewpoint.

Old 12-10-2020, 12:41 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
dude, the point is, everyone who colonized and formed this country were immigrants/the descendants of.

Every single human on the face of the planet is an immigrant in some way, having started somewhere in Africa or the Garden of Eden, whichever you choose. Yes?
Someone born in a country is not an immigrant to it even if their ancestors were. My main point was that the Amerindian's ancestors were no more native to this country/continent than the Europeans were.

Old 12-10-2020, 12:45 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Nope, you're incorrect. They came here because they were desperate. The motivation was greater than the perceived threat from Trump. Did the millions of illegal immigrants in the country get deported under Trump? Not really; they're still here. Just how scared should they have been then? Trump shouts a lot, but he was pretty ineffective in dealing with the problem. In the final tally, Obama deported more people that Trump. Obama's quiet approach was more effective.

Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers -- Jun 21, 2019

I'm unimpressed with your argument.
Wrong! Obama counted those turned around at the border as deportations. He also gave millions of illegals a stay of deportation via DACA and DAPA. He instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegals unless they were "convicted" criminals. His deportation record was dismal.

Old 12-10-2020, 12:57 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I think we live in a global society. We need to accept that, and not try to be isolationist. We are a very wealthy society, and we could do more to help people in need. I think saying "I got mine, so screw everyone else" is not the right way to think. People should have to come to the US legally, but it should not be overly difficult to legally become a citizen. I am not afraid of the tax implications that come from this viewpoint.
Where have you been?

https://endhomelessness.org/homeless...lessness-2020/

"Seventeen out of every 10,000 people in the United States were experiencing homelessness on a single night in January 2019 during HUD’s Annual Point-in-Time Count. These 567,715 people represent a cross-section of America. They are associated with every region of the country, family status, gender category, and racial/ethnic group."

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-produc...11.1%20percent).

"In 2019, 34.9 percent of households with incomes below the Federal poverty line were food insecure. Food-insecure households include those with low food security and very low food security. Rates of food insecurity were substantially higher than the national average for single-parent households, and for Black and Hispanic households. Food insecurity was more common in both large cities and rural areas than in suburban areas."

https://www.air.org/center/national-...nited%20States.

A staggering 2.5 million children are now homeless each year in America. This historic high represents one in every 30 children in the United States.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/19/64963...g-energy-bills

"Nearly a third of households in the United States have struggled to pay their energy bills, the Energy Information Administration said in a report released Wednesday. The differences were minor in terms of geography, but Hispanics and racial minorities were hit hardest."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ter-bills-rise

"Exclusive analysis of 12 US cities shows the combined price of water and sewage increased by an average of 80% between 2010 and 2018, with more than two-fifths of residents in some cities living in neighbourhoods with unaffordable bills."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/11/this...ankruptcy.html

"Two-thirds of people who file for bankruptcy cite medical issues as a key contributor to their financial downfall."

Then, why the heck if we are so wealthy do these American citizens not have a home, be able pay their medical bills or are unable to pay their energy and water bills.

Also, the US is so much in debt, which means, the US can't even pay its own bills!

Illegal aliens should go back where they came from. They couldn't make it in their own country, and now they can't afford to make it here without the taxpayers carrying them. Those anchor babies are delivered and raised by citizen taxpayers with some of them barely able or unable to pay their own bills!

Old 12-10-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
so ....

1. enforce the laws on the books.
2. work to make the process of legal immigration less difficult (if it's consensus that it is)
3. change the American ethos from Land of Opportunity to Land of Beneficence

Old 12-10-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Someone born in a country is not an immigrant to it even if their ancestors were. My main point was that the Amerindian's ancestors were no more native to this country/continent than the Europeans were.
Several have failed to understand the simple qualifier of "in some way", which means nobody's ancestors going all the way back were BORN in the US (or any land except the Origin of Man).

I am a native American. My parents, and 3/4 of theirs. 1/2 of the great grandparents. But we all at some point trace our lineage to an immigrant. You too. Hopefully, they all immigrated in a fashion that was considered legal at the time.

Old 12-10-2020, 01:30 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
the caravan of lies is back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies