Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 03:24 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
We don't know that yet.

That’s what the legislation says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 03:26 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That’s what the legislation says.
It's not the law right now. They don't even have enough vaccines for health care workers at this point.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
It's not the law right now. They don't even have enough vaccines for health care workers at this point.

It shows intent. One day we will have enough vaccines and I think they intend to make everyone get it.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:52 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The problem there is you still have the burden of proving that you're providing your children a "compliant education".

Government has so many ways to steal your time, money and labor it's actually quite impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You people should really look into case law. Mandatory vaccinations are perfectly legal. It’s not a violation of rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yes the state governments have the power to mandate vaccinations.

1905, Jacobson v Massachusetts
This isn't smallpox. Smallpox killed 30% of the people that got it.

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/history/history.html

"Smallpox was a devastating disease. On average, 3 out of every 10 people who got it died. Those who survived were usually left with scars, which were sometimes severe."

Isn't the percentage that die from COVID 19, or are said to die from it (more likely) less than 1%? Many people don't even know if they have had it. I see a big fight ahead for those states that try to mandate it, and for the states that don't, I see their population and wealth growing.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This isn't smallpox. Smallpox killed 30% of the people that got it.

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/history/history.html

"Smallpox was a devastating disease. On average, 3 out of every 10 people who got it died. Those who survived were usually left with scars, which were sometimes severe."

Isn't the percentage that die from COVID 19, or are said to die from it (more likely) less than 1%? Many people don't even know if they have had it. I see a big fight ahead for those states that try to mandate it, and for the states that don't, I see their population and wealth growing.

It drives me crazy that people trot out the Jacobson vs Massachusetts to argue for mandatory vaccines. It’s Wally not applicable for most illness, covid included.

Old 12-11-2020, 04:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:

It drives me crazy that people trot out the Jacobson vs Massachusetts to argue for mandatory vaccines. It’s Wally not applicable for most illness, covid included.
I guess legal precedents only mean something to you when they defend your stance then...

Old 12-11-2020, 05:03 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:

While the legal decision exists, it is up to the individual to avoid compliance by utilizing every legitimate exclusion possible, religious, medical, etc. and if all else fails, falsifying documents.
You have think like a jew in Nazi Germany to deal with these authoritarian leftists

Old 12-11-2020, 05:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
While the legal decision exists, it is up to the individual to avoid compliance by utilizing every legitimate exclusion possible, religious, medical, etc. and if all else fails, falsifying documents.
You have think like a jew in Nazi Germany to deal with these authoritarian leftists
Authoritarian righties too. Or so-called righties. Whatever. Even the most conservative governor in the U.S., whoever one decides that is, will show to be a megalomaniac of the highest order.

Also, it is important to note that deception and fraud are perfectly moral when combating the State so I second your recommendation on how to dance with the devil.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:04 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Maybe you should read the court case. It has nothing to do with children and gives states the right to make vaccinations mandatory. Better roll up that sleeve y’all.

“Massachusetts was one of only 11 states that had compulsory vaccination laws.[1] Massachusetts law empowered the board of health of individual cities and towns to enforce mandatory, free vaccinations for adults over the age of 21 if the municipality determined it was necessary for the public health or safety of the community.[2] Adults who refused were subject to a $5 monetary fine.[2] In 1902, faced with an outbreak of smallpox, the Board of Health of the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts adopted a regulation ordering the vaccination or revaccination of all its inhabitants.[2]

Furthermore, the Court held that mandatory vaccinations are not arbitrary or oppressive so long as they do not "go so far beyond what was reasonably required for the safety of the public".[2]“
Quote the entire article. Jacobson and his son had been vaccinated in Sweden as children. He claimed they had a very bad reaction to the vaccine. In today's world this would have been a case for a MEDICAL EXEMPTION.

He was only jailed because he refused to pay the fine. Once he paid, got of out jail, and that was the end of it. NOBODY strapped him down and stuck a needle in his arm which some posters seem to think mandatory vaccination means. Did not happen then, and won't happen now either. Monetary fines are the only penalty which can be imposed.

Sorry, No. This old lady ain't rolling up her sleeve for nobody. Take my fine out of my Social Security check.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:43 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Quote the entire article. Jacobson and his son had been vaccinated in Sweden as children. He claimed they had a very bad reaction to the vaccine. In today's world this would have been a case for a MEDICAL EXEMPTION.

He was only jailed because he refused to pay the fine. Once he paid, got of out jail, and that was the end of it. NOBODY strapped him down and stuck a needle in his arm which some posters seem to think mandatory vaccination means. Did not happen then, and won't happen now either. Monetary fines are the only penalty which can be imposed.

Sorry, No. This old lady ain't rolling up her sleeve for nobody. Take my fine out of my Social Security check.
Sorry no. The bottom line is that a mandatory order to take the vaccine is legal. End of story.

I really don’t care what you and other anti-vaxxers do, but once the restrictions are lifted you’re on your own. You may find that without proof of vaccination, you’ll have to either continue wearing a mask or be denied entry in stores. And yes, stores could bar entry since they are private businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies