Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 07:08 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,160,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Pennsylvania is now suing...Pennsylvania.
WRONG. (Not surprising given GatewayPundit as a source)

The State of Pennsylvania's official position is in opposition to Texas' motion, including the statement

"Texas’s effort to get this Court to pick the next President has no basis in law or fact. The Court should not abide this seditious abuse of the judicial process, and should send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated." Amen.

The fact that some Republican yahoos in the legislature joined the Texas side means nothing. The official position of the state of Pennsylvania is to oppose Texas' seditious, traitorous, and unAmerican lawsuit.

Pennsylvania's Official Filing

Old 12-10-2020, 07:09 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Let's get this straight...the PA House which failed to perform its oversight function is suing another entity for the PA House not doing their job? Not only that, the party of state's rights - in theory at least - is asking not a state court but a federal court to intervene? How the GOP has fallen into an alternative reality.
Amazing how the GOP politicians have become as insane as Trump.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

It's not insanity, it's cowardice. Many of them know Trump is dead wrong but they are afraid of angering Trump's base. They are literally putting themselves and party ahead of country.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:15 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Is there expected to be a change in the number of representatives in Pennsylvania this cycle? If not, they do not really have to draw any new maps.
All states must redraw state legislative districts by the 2022 election. Pennsylvania must make each district as equal by population as possible. So the Philadelphia suburbs will gain districts while rural Western Pennsylvania will lose districts.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:22 PM

18,715 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Pres View Post
no limits on stupid....courts are wasting time and money.... Trump’s horribly prepared arguments
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
the most despicable legal action in the history of this country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Texas' seditious, traitorous, and unAmerican lawsuit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The more insults, smears, and lies the liberals come up with, the more you can see just how worried they are.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:23 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
Quote:
WRONG.
Elliott, I think there's 2 different things going on here....and they are both "official"

your link is the state attny general....what he filed > https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...%20v.FINAL.pdf

..the other link is the house of reps..and what they filed > https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo5xu6rX...pg&name=medium

I'm not translating...you guys fight among yourselves

Old 12-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The more insults, smears, and lies the liberals come up with, the more you know just how worried they are.
I am personally not the slightest bit worried that the election will be overturned.

I'm very very worried about the direction our country is going in, with this absolute nonsense bullying power play.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Elliott, I think there's 2 different things going on here....and they are both "official"

your link is the state attny general....what he filed > https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...%20v.FINAL.pdf

..the other link is the house of reps..and what they filed > https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo5xu6rX...pg&name=medium

I'm not translating...you guys fight among yourselves

Only one is the official position of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and that is the one the Attorney General filed in opposition to Texas. The other one filed by the Speaker and the Majority Leader are as individuals, represented by a private attorney.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:32 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
Quote:
Only one is the official position of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and that is the one the Attorney General filed in opposition to Texas. The other one filed by the Speaker and the Majority Leader are as individuals, represented by a private attorney.
we'll see.....the one filed by the house is just as official (pay attention, I didn't say "official position"....I said official)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.