Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 06:18 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Time to protest against Ben & Jerrys Ice cream.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ben-je...nick-ice-cream

Kaepernick said in a statement. "My hope is that this partnership will amplify calls to defund and abolish the police and to invest in futures that can make us safer, healthier, and truly free."
"Time to protest against Ben & Jerrys Ice cream."
Have NEVER bought from them.

Just like the "peaceful" protesters in many cites that broke all the windows and stole every thing not tide down, then set fire to them and when they call the police......!

Maybe they would share some of their stolen ice cream with pelosi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
So Kaepernick and BLMs won't stop saying defund the police. Are right wingers just going to act just as childish and continue to respond with blue lives matter? Or will one side grow up, do the right thing, and try to come to some agreement?
"Or will one side grow up" your side FIRST!

Old 12-12-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Law enforcement, having the authority they have right now...SCARES ME!!

The drug war is a prime example...do you actually support law enforcement, when they are in bed with the foreign drug cartels?! Ever wonder how all these drugs make it into the country and reach their destination? Hmm, I wonder how that happens so consistently!
".SCARES ME!" Only people who commit crime, should be "scared'!

Old 12-12-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
How miserable of a life does one need to lead in order to boycott an ice cream company over some second rate QB? Or any QB for that matter?

How can you possibly care? Waste brain cells?
So, it is OK for HIM to sate HIS views but, others with a DIFFERENT opinion are NOT allowed to state theirs.

Typical lefty response.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:30 AM

1,711 posts, read 808,329 times
There was a left wing/ young catering free newspaper in Hampton Roads VA a while back. May still be there. The issue dated September 11 2001, printed weeks before that publish date, had an article by either Ben or Jerry that said we, the USA, should eliminate the military. I thought when looking at that it w a rather ironic.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:31 AM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times
No Ben and Jerry`s for me......I am going to have a GOYA, black bean sunday, wih a chickpea, on top. So much healthier to.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:35 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Or will one side grow up" your side FIRST!

Tough to say who's side I am on. I don't support negative slogans like 'defund the police' and certainly not 'abolish the police', but I support police reform. I think the fraternal aspect of the police union prevents bad actors to be properly be dealt with. That's not right given that the police are a public institution. Since crime is beginning to rise in the country, I think the Federal government bares some responsibility in taking action to prevent further increases. I think the Biden administration should push for increased funding to local departments and subsidized training programs. Bring policing in America into the 21st century.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Enjoy living in irrational fear.
Says the side that was screaming "He's got his finger on the button!" four years ago.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:45 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Please quote where Biden has ever said he wishes to defend the police. You can't. He has repeatedly said he is for no such thing, as has VP Harris - a former Prosecutor and Attorney General.
True! Biden NEVER said he wants to defend the police! To the contrary, he has used the word "enemy" in describing them.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:05 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
That's an interesting typo you made there...but to your point, no, you can't, because they are too politically savvy to come out and say it, Joe repeatedly said that "the phrase was used to beat the hell out of Democrats politically" during his campaign. Because, they know it's a political third rail for every thinking person who's not a BLM protester. But, let's see what they actually do. Lori Lightfoot of Chicago has said she's against defunding the police, but then eliminated 600 sworn positions from the 2021 budget. "You shall know them by their deeds". Hasn't The Element already killed a social worker recently? Replacing cops with social workers will only work if you give the social workers guns, batons, handcuffs, badges, training, tasers and....well, make them into cops.
There was no typo, and I stand by my post. I don't live in Chicago, do you? Let the locals rize up against this if they wish, if it's even true.

The bottom line is, Trump lost by 7 million votes. The Nation has spoken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies