Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 10:36 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1967 View Post
That's great as long as it goes the other way as well. No females in men's sports either.

I have no problem with women in men's sports as long as they identity as women. But men identifying as a women completing in women sports....I do have a problem.
Liberals/progressives have no problem with science like climate change but do have a problem with science when it comes to just two genders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 10:39 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I agree.

What it would essentially boil down to is that everything is not for everybody. High school and college athletics might not be for transsexuals.
This is an unfortunate truth of life. Many humans are born lacking certain abilities. Short people can’t play basketball. Clubfooted people can’t play soccer. Obese people can’t compete in gymnastics. Transgenderism definitely poses some difficulties in the lives of those who are transgender. We can mitigate harm, we can teach more tolerance, we can push prejudices away. There are still some significant biology-related issues that must be dealt with. Forcing natural-born women to compete against trans women is one of those unfortunate issues.

There are coed sports that allow trans people of any gender to compete and have fun. There are some options available. I do not believe however that this is an issue that can accommodate equality for trans women without taking away equality from natural-born women.

Old 12-12-2020, 11:15 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This is an unfortunate truth of life. Many humans are born lacking certain abilities. Short people can’t play basketball.

Not true Muggsy Bogues was 5-3 and played in NBA for Washington and he could dunk the ball.

Quote:
Clubfooted people can’t play soccer.
I don't know about soccer but a player with a half foot kicked the longest FG at the time in NFL history which stood for 40 years. Tom Dempsey

Quote:
Obese people can’t compete in gymnastics.
While maybe not at a high completion I see no reason they couldn't compete at some level.

Quote:
Transgenderism definitely poses some difficulties in the lives of those who are transgender. We can mitigate harm, we can teach more tolerance, we can push prejudices away. There are still some significant biology-related issues that must be dealt with. Forcing natural-born women to compete against trans women is one of those unfortunate issues.
Having an obvious advantage of being a biology men competing against women can not be considered an unfortunate issue.

Quote:
There are coed sports that allow trans people of any gender to compete and have fun. There are some options available. I do not believe however that this is an issue that can accommodate equality for trans women without taking away equality from natural-born women.
Finally you made sensible conclusion.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:07 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Even transgenders who compete in sports against straight females beat them. I never see feminists complaining about that.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:50 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Even transgenders who compete in sports against straight females beat them. I never see feminists complaining about that.
Some have and they are mobbed by nutjobs. Martina Navratilova for example.

Her only mistake was apologizing to them.

Oh well, will be entertaining watching people realize that it's not bigotry to have biological divisions and that what you think in your head does not change physical reality.

Old 12-12-2020, 01:11 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill To Protect Women’s Sports Based On Biological Sex

This is a no-brainer, except for those who are irretrievably depraved. Tulsi Gabbard is exactly right, and it is a very sad day for our country when we actually have to pass a bill through Congress to clarify a matter so fundamentally obvious as this one is.

Will the Democrats actually oppose this bill? They better not.
Well..... maybe.
Does the federal government have the right to dictate who can play amateur sports?
I don't think they do. Little League allows girls to play and Boy/Girl Scouts have combined without a dictum from the government.
I think the federal government should stay out. If Vanderbilt or any other school wants a girl to kick, let them. Let her play center if she wants.

But other than that, I sure like Tulsi.

Old 12-12-2020, 01:28 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Well..... maybe.
Does the federal government have the right to dictate who can play amateur sports?
I don't think they do. Little League allows girls to play and Boy/Girl Scouts have combined without a dictum from the government.
I think the federal government should stay out. If Vanderbilt or any other school wants a girl to kick, let them. Let her play center if she wants.

Gabbard's bill is directed only to recipients of Title 9 federal funds.

Old 12-12-2020, 01:32 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,067,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is a no-brainer, except for those who are irretrievably depraved. Tulsi Gabbard is exactly right, and it is a very sad day for our country when we actually have to pass a bill through Congress to clarify a matter so fundamentally obvious as this one is.

Will the Democrats actually oppose this bill? They better not.
Why stop there? Let's keep biological women out of male work places. Teachers and nurses, OK. Business and politics a big NO! Just because they can wear pants does not make them men.

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby...-born-intersex Geez, Houston we have a problem.

Old 12-12-2020, 01:51 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Why stop there? Let's keep biological women out of male work places. Teachers and nurses, OK. Business and politics a big NO! Just because they can wear pants does not make them men.

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby...-born-intersex Geez, Houston we have a problem.
This is not comparable and you know it. Her bill has nothing to do with segregating work spaces--it has to do with sports competitions where prize money and educational scholarships are at stake. It's the same as banning performance-enhancing drugs and steroids. Testosterone is a naturally occurring steroid and while both sexes produce it, males produce much more. Someone who "feels" like a woman on the inside, or started to transition by taking estrogen a couple of years before a competition, still has an unfair testosterone advantage.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:59 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Well..... maybe.

It's not the right to dictate who can play but rather in what leagues and divisions and how scholarships are awarded so your strawman be burnin' hot about right now.

Since they already passed Title IX then so be it.

As for girls playing mens sports, since they do not have a biological advantage then sure. Just like if you're 130lbs and want to box up a class or two. Or if you are 50 and want to compete in the open division of the marathon...knock yourself out.

I'm pro-trans but this is BS and those competitors know it. Go compete with the men, stop being an arse and beating up on those you have an innate advantage over.

But hey, I'm willing to let this train with no brakes come roaring into the station and wreck. Pass the popcorn, it would amuse me to no end to watch the Thai womens soccer team utterly smoke Team USA with 5-6 trans players on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies