Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 03:34 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times

Advertisements

And just what exactly does this have to do with governance? The Constitution? Anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 03:35 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Probably because people don't have the good sense to do it on their own.

Tulsi would've been a much better choice than the two dingbats that got selected.
Yes, Tulsi would have been a much better choice then either Biden or Harris, she seems to work across the aisle and Hillary doesn’t like her and that is a plus in her favor.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:37 PM

6,663 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Yes, Tulsi would have been a much better choice then either Biden or Harris, she seems to work across the aisle and Hillary doesn’t like her and that is a plus in her favor.
Kamala don't like her either, especially after throwing her mass incarceration history in her face at the debates.

meow!

Old 12-11-2020, 04:09 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
At the risk of sounding ignorant, wouldn't trans men ideally want to be seen as a Man, and hence, be on a Male team,..not some 'unisex' team. And not want to compete against women or trans women.

So you'd get a traditional boys team, then a Trans Male team.

You don't have to respond if you don't want to. ,..I've wasted too much energy on this already,..
I am one of those people who insists that equal is equal. If you are denying a trans woman the ability to play on a girls/women’s team then the same constraint should apply to a trans man playing on the boys/men’s team. You play on the team that matches your anatomy and hormones levels (or birth certificate in some states) OR you play on the gender neutral (unisex/gender neutral) team.

Old 12-11-2020, 04:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I am one of those people who insists that equal is equal. If you are denying a trans woman the ability to play on a girls/women’s team then the same constraint should apply to a trans man playing on the boys/men’s team. You play on the team that matches your anatomy and hormones levels (or birth certificate in some states) OR you play on the gender neutral (unisex/gender neutral) team.
Will there even be nine of these people at a school to make up one baseball team, for example? Not to mention 18 for two teams.

Old 12-11-2020, 04:14 PM

25,730 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I cant believe there has to be a bill for this.

Insanity.
Democrats + Death & Destruction

Old 12-11-2020, 04:16 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
She Is a Democrat though. Is this why they sidelined her ?

Pretty much.

She's one of the few Democrats left in the country that hasn't gone full bat chit crazy.

Can't have that now can we?

Old 12-11-2020, 04:19 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Joe Rogan has talked about this issue pretty extensively on his podcasts. In no uncertain terms should bio men be able to compete against bio women. The bio men have too many unfair natural advantages, not an insult to the ladies, but it's just biology and physics. Particularly in sports where speed/power are at play.

There are plenty of other things where women are naturally better than men.

Democrats.....

"The party of science"

Old 12-11-2020, 04:37 PM

52,246 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Pretty much.

She's one of the few Democrats left in the country that hasn't gone full bat chit crazy.

Can't have that now can we?
That's exactly why the media right along with Hilary tried to bury her as fast as they could. She is/was a major threat to the democrat establishment and powers that be.

Old 12-11-2020, 04:49 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I believe Trans rights are human rights, but as a female who played sports throughout school, I don’t believe in the idea that people can participate in sports competition using any gender of their choice. Not just no but hell no. I’m an OG Title Niner who remembers how hard it was for girls to get equal funding for competition. The idea that we now need to compete in our own gendered sports against trans women is so insulting to me. No matter what steps a trans woman takes toward her transformation, she will always have male body characteristics that provide superiority in many athletics.

Are trans athletics the answer? I don’t know. But there are a plethora of coed sports that trans women can participate in that don’t alienate and shake down her female competitors.

This may seem like a petty complaint to some, but when spots on sports teams and even sports scholarships intended for female athletes start going to trans women, the divide between women will most certainly begin.

Honestly you're part of the problem you claim to be against.

"The idea that we now need to compete in our own gendered sports against trans women is so insulting to me. No matter what steps a trans woman takes toward her transformation, she will always have male body characteristics that provide superiority in many athletics. "

They're men that's it. They're allowed to pretend to be women and dress up and pay for their own plastic surgery but it changes nothing. Just like the people who tattoo themselves with scales and cut their tongues they don't just become snakes because they say so. No reason to bash or insult the people but not everyone is understanding and when you try to impose you will on them you're going to face backlash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies