Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 01:58 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
OP your title is wrong.
Nowhere does it say people will START dying.

The message is that some people will continue to die, that this isn't some magic bullet that will immediately prevent death. Because obviously there are plenty of people who don't have a clue about how vaccines work, evidenced quite thoroughly in this forum.

But feel free to re-word it to be as scary as possible to the gullible, seems to be a theme here in POC.
True but I think this is addressing a different concern. People will continue to die of things they've always died of, heart attacks, strokes, undiagnosed condition that takes them in their sleep.

With the inevitable Mass wave of vaccination coming, there's going to be a new correlation between somebody getting the vaccination and then dying within a few days. There's going to be a rush from a lot of conspiracy theorists who are going to mistake correlation for causation and blame the vaccines for deaths that normally happen. That's the panic that we have to avoid. People were dying suddenly and randomly before the vaccines, and they'll continue to die randomly and suddenly if they get vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 02:02 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DillaDaze_ View Post
This is possiblyy because with the flu, people show symptoms way sooner and so have the incentive to isolate, while COVID has more asymptotic people who don't realize they have it and are spreading it.
Do you really think logical explanations are going to sway Covid deniers?

Not trying to harsh your mellow, but I gave up on that fool's errand.

Trying to teach a pig to sing only wastes my time and just annoys the pig.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:10 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
It isn't hard to recognize that asymptomatic spread makes COVID more efficient at infecting more people. If someone doesn't know they're sick they feel more comfortable and have a false sense of security. They become less cautious as a result.
Your speculation as to why is cute and all.

But I chose to believe the CDC.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
It's not for them though, it's for anyone reading this thread, other users, lurkers, etc. I will never convince the person I replied to, but can at least keep others more informed.

"Keep others more informed"? roflmao

My my my ... what an inflated sense of self worth you have, my dear.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Just like many of them would die even if covid didn’t exist.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
It's just common sense.

And from the CDC:

SARS-CoV-2 infection is transmitted predominately by respiratory droplets generated when people cough, sneeze, sing, talk, or breathe. CDC recommends community use of masks, specifically non-valved multi-layer cloth masks, to prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Masks are primarily intended to reduce the emission of virus-laden droplets (“source control”), which is especially relevant for asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others, and who are estimated to account for more than 50% of transmissions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html

Old 12-11-2020, 02:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
What difference does it make? Lots of people still aren't alarmed by hundreds of people dying from COVID-19 every day.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Covid exasperates whatever condition they have. That's just like how people who are already sick tend to die faster if they get the flu. Their system is already fighting an illness, so even if the covid is mild, their system is already overwhelmed.

Thin of it as a house on a cliff on stilts. Gravity is what the house is already fighting, covid just comes in and breaks the stilts.
The vaccine could also exasperate whatever condition they already have.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What difference does it make? Lots of people still aren't alarmed by hundreds of people dying from COVID-19 every day.
Why would you be alarmed by people who die of covid in nursing homes but won’t be alarmed when they die two days after getting the vaccine in nursing homes?

The point in the op is that people in nursing homes die. Yet people panic and freak out when they hear they died of covid when it’s just as likely they would have died soon anyway of something else. But now we aren’t supposed to worry about them dying anymore because it won’t be related to the vaccine, or covid, it’s just because people in nursing homes die anyway.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Nice rebuttle.

When you use a cut & paste from the CDC as part of an ongoing discussion that originated in me believing the CDC over you, a random internet poster, a response is quite appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies