Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 08:40 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit my friend... Re-read and try again.

Stop the Radical Fascist Republicans!
Stop them from leaving you alone? Because that's what the guy whom you accuse of treason wants to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 08:43 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They can hang me with him if they want !!!
I no longer have loyalty to this nation with a communist about to enter the WH.

I stand with the original founders of the USA and especially that guy that said, Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!!
The original founders set up the system of government that allowed States rights to voting. Your 'team' tried to usurp it..

You are about 180degrees from the founders vision. Hate to break that to ya.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:44 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,772,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Stop them from leaving you alone? Because that's what the guy whom you accuse of treason wants to do.
What you stated that I said is not actually what I said.

You merged multiple people's comments together and took them for mine. I stated the actual actions I was talking about, but you missed that part.

You'll get it eventually... keep trying.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
And you are delusional if you believe this crap you are regurgitating. Do you people not understand that for four years trumps approval rating hovered at 42 percent? The majority of citizens NEVER supported trump. These delusions about voter fraud are nonsense. And people called democrats sore losers four years ago! Yeah, we were miserable but, we never tried to overturn the election.
1. You did try to overturn the election. Constantly for three years. By the way, the 2020 election hasn't been completed, so the notion that anyone is trying to overturn it is false.

2. Trump's approval rating is irrelevant. Millions and millions of Americans supported Trump without approving of him because the alternatives like Hillary of Biden or JEB or Romney were so frightfully worse.

3. What delusions about voter fraud? I said *nothing* about voter fraud.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:50 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
It's not treason. It's a proposal to withdraw from a partnership, which Texas and every other state have a right to do. It's also a sensible solution to the conflict the Left has initiated and constantly escalated.
I am not a leftist but clearly it was Trump and Trump friendly state leaders who escalated this to this point. 50 plus lawsuits without proof of what was alleged and a last ditch effort to get the SCOTUS to overturn a certified election. Only thing that saved this country was true patriot court judges who did the correct thing.

As far as secession goes. I think the country is moving in that direction. Its been building since the Bush 2 and Obama years and exploded under Trump. If Texas wants to go, I am fine with it. They will no longer have the safe haven of the US dollar to bail them out and the oil industry is very cyclical. Its a great state I lived there for several years in Ron Paul's district. But there is leadership in Austin that is increasingly out of touch. This lawsuit is clear evidence.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:50 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
It's not treason. It's a proposal to withdraw from a partnership, which Texas and every other state have a right to do. It's also a sensible solution to the conflict the Left has initiated and constantly escalated.
I'm not sure that SCOTUS would allow secession. Scalia while not ruling on a particular case was adamant that there is no right to secede and I wouldn't be surprised if the current judges share that opinion. But honestly I would be thrilled if the states unhappy with living in a democracy would secede. Just think how entertaining their military would be, a bunch of coked up Proud Boys and potbellied cosplay soldiers.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
What you stated that I said is not actually what I said.

You merged multiple people's comments together and took them for mine.
You're nuts.

In your first comment you, used the pronoun "he". The antecedent was in the original post. The antecedent was Allan West, chairman of the Texas GOP. Before mentioning anyone or mentioning anything that anyone did, you wrote, "As a Georgia voter, I would like to see him charged for treason for attempting to subvert my democratic right to keep our government for the people, of the people, and by the people."

Since you hadn't mentioned anyone, you had to be referring back to the OP for your antecedent.

The "him" is Allan West. And since you didn't mention anything he had done that would qualify as "attempting to subvert . . . ", you had to be referring back to the OP for that as well. And the OP said that. Allan West advocated secession. It didn't say he was involved in any lawsuits.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not a leftist but clearly it was Trump and Trump friendly state leaders who escalated this to this point. 50 plus lawsuits without proof of what was alleged and a last ditch effort to get the SCOTUS to overturn a certified election. Only thing that saved this country was true patriot court judges who did the correct thing.
The lawsuits are "escalation"? They're the opposite of escalation! They're the response to the escalation! They're a desperate effort to avoid being ruled over by lunatics -- as the call for secession demonstrates.

We don't want to oppress anyone. We just want to be left alone.

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
What I don't get is that why wasn't this lawsuit brought up before the Election? Whatever changes happened were in the public eye. Hell, Republicans agreed to them in PA, GA, WI and MI. These legislature are owned by Republicans by a large margin. And they approved these measures. Months ago.

In Georgia, Republicans have a trifecta (Governor, Senate, House).
In Wisconsin, Republicans hold both the House and the Senate.
In Michigan, Republicans hold both the House and the Senate.
In Pennsylvania, Republicans hold both the House and Senate.

So Texas wants to complain about a Republican Legislature in another state but waited until AFTER the election to do so even though they had nearly a year to do something about it.

This has nothing to do with supposed moral high ground by Texas. It has everything to do with usurping the White House. Trump lost by 7M votes. What is the argument exactly? That Trump got 7M less votes in an allegedly fraudulent election that handed Republicans more seats in the House than 2018 and a likely hold on the Senate majority? I think those crying "fraud" are really not understanding the bigger picture.

Remember, what Trump does best is paint his opponents as himself. Hillary is crooked only because Trump had to deflect from him being crooked. Biden is senile because had to deflect from Trump's own signs of being senile. Biden is stealing the election... because Trump IS actively trying to steal the election.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, I must be a Trump supporter.

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So they are not really going to hang people like me !!! Like usually, all BS talk from the left !!!
Hanging? suuuuure, Captain Drama. Have a drink, sit back and go on with your life, you have to and you know it.

you know it.

Maybe a few more posts with the exclamation points will help? I don’t know, but one things for sure. It’s over.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies